Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Prices, let's see them

zhunter

I am posting this in the "Hell, I Was There" forum, as a bullet price thread as it can be a Hell I was there moment if it is either a good or a bad price.

So...

I just paid $270.42 plus $12 for shipping for 2000 Hornady .45 230 Grain RN Fully Encapsulated bullets.

Not a great deal, certainly not one I am proud of, but I needed the bullets.

I just paid $270.42 plus $12 for shipping for 2000 Hornady .45 230 Grain RN Fully Encapsulated bullets.

Brutal.

Would love to get a singlestack in .45 but that's the reason right there (besides having to get a caliber conversion for the 1050) that I went with a 9mm trojan.

A supplier of reloading parts warned me in the spring of 2007 what was going to happen to the cost of components... so I bought 12K 230 grain Zero FMJs.... for a staggering $85 per thousand delivered.

My wife said I was crazy........ What I should have done was to cash in my IRA and 401K and bought a million or two bullets. I would have been WAY ahead of the game...

Now I've got lots of bullets but can't afford to go to any matches :angry:

Just sent my money to Chuck .....

It's funny. This is such a community, you can say you bought them from "Chuck", and expect folks to know who that is!

Who's Chuck (website)? :cheers:

Uh these guys get lots of calls from these guys on the forum

Chuck Shooters Connection

Rene Speed Shooters Int

Chris CPWSA

I am pretty sure I could name 20 or so pistolsmiths by first name that we all know.

Bob

Dan

Dave

George

John Paul

Benny

Charlie

List goes on and don't get your panties ruffled if I didn't mention ya. :surprise:

Ok thread drift so on topic 4K MT Gold 115 $287

Edited by BSeevers

I have had great service and great prices from Missouri Bullet Company ordering 9mm bullets. They are always in stock and get shipped the same day or next day depending on the time of day I order them. I see from their website they have 170 Grain LSWC for $62.00 per 1000 and 180 Grain TCFP for $64.00 per 1000. YMMV

I paid $576 for 5000 MG 180 gr CMJs delivered. I compared a few deals and it wasn't the absolute cheapest, but they're consistently available.

I bought 6K Zero 230 FMJ .45s last year for around $90 a thousand from Poweder Valley. They put them in flat rate boxes so the shipping wasn't bad. I wish I woud have bought twice as many. I cast my own for practice in the back yard.

OK, so who has the best delivered price for bullets for .40 S&W?

I'm getting a new gun, and will need bullets. I don't even know what weight to buy yet. What's the best source for cast bullets?

I would recommend ay one of these.

S & S casting, They just opened an online store at www.snscasting.com. Bullets are of great quality. I have used Jim's 220 gn bullet fro both major and minor loads. Nice soft round at major PF - I had to get to about a 140 PF for that large of a bullet to feel comfortable to me at minor PF. He offers a 175 gn SWC and a few other weights. Check out his website for his products.

Mastercast.net. These guys are a local caster in south western PA. They have a great 180 gn bullet.

Penn Bullet Company. Another caster local to the Pittsburgh area. Bob offers a wide selection of quality cast bullets. He has a 165 gn .40 SW cast bullet that produces a very accurate load at major or minor PF. He also has other bullet weights and calibers. http://www.pennbullets.com/calibers.html

Moly coated bullets

These folks purchased most of the equipment from the defunct masterblaster bullet maker. Another great product. https://blackbulletsinternational.com/Home_Page.php

Precision bullets Dave Long is a great guy to deal with. His product is great too!

http://www.precisionbullets.com/

There ya go - several reliable sources for bullets.

Just sent my money to Chuck for 2000 .40S&W Zero 180 gr JHP for $220 shippped. It may not be the best price around but at least he had them in stock.

Bob, a price doesnt count unless they have it in stock. I do want to keep up with competition so please let me know if anybody is lower priced than me that has them in stock. Brand for brand that is. I only sell Zero. Cant guarantee I will change my price for a dollar or two but the margins are so tight and competitive on these the major players will all be real close to each other.

I'm buying 180gr TC lead bullets for $42/k. I just can't justify the cost of jacketed bullets when these are available. It also leaves more money available for shotgun shells and rifle bullets.

Where are you buying them?

I once paid over $150,000.00 for 3 .45 A.C.P. Hydra-Shocks....well by the time it was all said and done. :D

Ok that's gonna require more information Kurt... you can't dangle a carrot like that and expect no one to bite!

Of course someone bit, YOU did

A short while ago I did some researching on bullet prices per thousand. This is what I came up with...

Rainer Bullets - 165gr $102.99

Precision Bullets - 170gr $87.00

Missouri Bullet Co - 170gr $62.00

S&S Casting - 175gr $58.10

Black Bullet International - 180gr $90.00

The Bulletworks - 180gr $67.00

Mastercast Bullets - 180gr $61.71

Master Cast Bullet Co - 180gr $64.00

Missouri Bullet Co - 180gr $64.00

Rainer Bullets - 180gr $108.99

Precision Bullets - 185gr $95.00

Black Bullet International - 180gr $90.00

Black Bullet International - 200gr $95.00

The Bulletworks - 200gr $70.00

Rainer Bullets - 200gr $117.99

S&S Casting - 220gr $62.32

Bob, a price doesnt count unless they have it in stock. I do want to keep up with competition so please let me know if anybody is lower priced than me that has them in stock. Brand for brand that is. I only sell Zero. Cant guarantee I will change my price for a dollar or two but the margins are so tight and competitive on these the major players will all be real close to each other.

Chuck, I totally agree which is why I ordered them from you. I waited many months the last place I ordered from (and the price was the same). I was implying there may be cheaper choices (ie lead, moly coated etc). I haven't seen anything cheaper for zero JHP.

Edited by BNorth

Nothing much to tell, but some words of wisdom might help. Make sure your ballistic test media, doesn't have "next of kin" if you can do so before testing, Make sure the State Department knows where you are so they can come and laugh at you...not help, and above all make sure your American Express card is paid up...no limits. Make sure you are in the poorest country in South America where American Express has an office so you can get a SUBSTATIAL cash advance. Life is good! :D KurtM