Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

There is some cover but not a whole bunch. You can usually find a spot to keep your gear dry. Kurt

Where is the stats shack located? Do we turn in off of Hiwassee Rd to the skeet fields or go to the main club house off of Sorghum Mill Rd?

See ya Friday...

FredQ

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some cover but not a whole bunch. You can usually find a spot to keep your gear dry. Kurt

Where is the stats shack located? Do we turn in off of Hiwassee Rd to the skeet fields or go to the main club house off of Sorghum Mill Rd?

See ya Friday...

FredQ

Go one turn past the Skeet fields on Hiwasee. It will be about 3-400 yards on the left pass the turn for the fields. Go straight in and park. Stat shack is pretty noticeable,,

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

Wow what a match!!!! Big thanks to trapper and kurt. Stages were lots of fun and some were tough. Great to see some of my 3-gun friends thanks for all the fun. Thanks to all the sponcers, I vote to have this match again.

Open - Don Bednorz 1st Chris Patty -2nd and James Darst - 3rd

Don't remember the guy who won pump(I don't know him!), but he did a good job and the 2nd place guy was the RO Josh B

Was a fun match! Even the stages I #$%# up! I used symbols, because I don't like to swear in public! :roflol:

Denise (Sorry! Stole JJ's computer!)

Edited by RiggerJJ

Matt Wise won first in pump. G.T. came in third.

This was an incredibly fun match. Trapr and Kurt did a great job putting it together and I really enjoyed getting to RO. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. The competitors were great and I met some wonderful people this weekend. Oh yeah, Kurt put together a great brown ale. :cheers:

I agree with Josh, let's do this one again.

Sean

The guy who beat me, his name was matt wild. He was first I was second and g t doleland got third. I'm just glad matt beat me bad instead of by only a couple of points. I thought I had it and matt straight whipped me, but thats ok. I'll get him next year. So look out. :cheers:

Just got back to Atlanta, GA after an all night drive. What a match! Everyone involved did a great job. The ROs were especially good- not too pushy or heavy handed as can happen at some matches, knowledgeable, friendly and above all they were actual shotgunners who understood what the shooters were doing.

Trapr or Kurt- would it be possible to get this match sanctioned by IPSC as a level III or IV match and use it as the US Practical Shotgun Championship? I don't know how all of that works but I'm sure ya'll do and the match was that good. Thanks again.

The guy who beat me, his name was matt wild. He was first I was second and g t doleland got third. I'm just glad matt beat me bad instead of by only a couple of points. I thought I had it and matt straight whipped me, but thats ok. I'll get him next year. So look out. :cheers:

Wild, that's right. I remembered his name wrong.

It was a great time, and Matt isn't the only one you'll have to worry about next year... :roflol:

Sean

Edited by Sean.McCanne

This match was twice as good as last years match, and last year match was good. :cheers: Congrats for good leadership and great staff.

! The Scores ! wow the scores were posted for the stages sometimes before the squad even completed the next stage. A few times I had to go to my truck and saw the scores updated before our squad was even 1/2 into the next stage.

I want to know who to thank for that humbling information.

The next cool thing was !!! I did not Time -Out :mellow: on a stage :blush:

The RO's were helpful and patient when I was not as familiar with my equipment as I should have been on some of the load / unload starts. Bernelle's are good , but not as simple as an over and under

Getting to see GM level Shotgun shooting was an education. Benny's time on stage 12 Wow! :bow:

I learned a bunch about buck shot , and what it will not do some times.

Got back to MN at 0300 hrs. this morning. Tyler, Steph, and I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks to all on squad #3 for all of the help.

It never fails to amaze me how the best shooters in the world will still take the time out from shooting an important match to help others, wether it is with advice or weapons parts from their stash of spare parts.

Wild, that's right. I remembered his name wrong.

It was a great time, and Matt isn't the only one you'll have to worry about next year... :roflol:

Sean

After your vulgar display of shotgunnery, I'm not to worried. Espesicaly if your using glens gun, which I would recomend.

Fantastic match. Challenging stages, excellent ROs, and good guys on my squad - what more could you ask for?

Big thanks to Trapr and Kurt for all their hard work putting this together. Thanks also to the sponsors who contributed to a good prize table.

Can't wait for next year.

Doug

I doubt we will ever have it sanctioned. First off IPSC would demand we use IPSC sanctioned R.O.s so the expense of flying in R.Os and housing them etc. would cause entry to skyrocket. Second Trapr and I could have nothing to do with the match as We are not NROI certified anything..even as R.O.s so if we did that we couldn't do that! we found out that we couldn't even do it as a USPSA match because we aren't "certified" R.O.s let alone "range masters". I find this little bit kind of funny, here I have put on and M.D.ed some of the largest 3-gun matches in the U.S. (S.O.F. R.M.3-G) and I am not "allowed" to put on USPSA or IPSC matched because I haven't been through the courses that tell me how to put on a match....Where is that other famous Kurt that wrote that catch-22 thing??

a BIG thank you to all the shooters that came and shot, all of you were great and Trapr andf I look forward to serving you all a good match next year! Kurt Miller

I forgot to say Thank you to AlamoShooter for the loan of some targets and stuff, he supplied the golf balls. Jamie thanks for the loan, and I'll forgive you for not bringing the Verona.

Kurt is correct on the official sanctioning thing, there are several reasons this match was not and probably will not be a sanctioned match, some deal with approved targets and others deal with logistics and other stuff, I had arranged for an Official USPSA official to be there at the match to make sure we interpreted rules correctly but at the last minute they were not able to make it.

I am very pleased with the facilities available at the OKC gun club and plan on returning there next year. I hope we can have a bigger turn out next year so that we can add some special categories to the awards, it would be nice to recognize ladies and juniors, and since Kurt is now a SR???? he wants a special category also.

Thank You, ALL for coming out and supporting the match, Thank you Match Sponsors, and Thank you Jesus,... its over!!!

BTW, if you can't tell from the lack of spelling errors this is Trapr on Kurt's log in!!!!!! :roflol:

Trapr

Edited by kurtm

Thanks to Trapr and Kurt, Nordic Components, DPMS, Hi Vis, Arredondo, LaRue and all the other match sponsors. Great Match!! I really enjoyed the shooting challenges. Different from the "typical" 3-gun match, but the lessons learned will apply to all types of matches. Having to be aware of your shot pattern and how it changes downrange gave us more to think about. And I already have enough trouble thinking after the buzzer goes off!

Andy

Sean

After your vulgar display of shotgunnery, I'm not to worried. Espesicaly if your using glens gun, which I would recomend.

Wow...vulgar display of shotgunnery...very nice. :P

I really appreciate Glen loaning me his gun, but this time I have a year to get mine set up and prepare for the match. I'm just saying...

<_< I just remembered at lunch today when I was telling my wife about the shoot. :unsure: It was one of my own targets that I missed twice with the buck shot :mellow:

We need to get the Automated Clay throwers for next year with a 20 <_< 30 Bird flush in the air. :devil:

Edited by AlamoShooter