Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

RO's will shoot the friday before the shooters, March 20th. Jamie I will talk to you about ROing, and other stuff when you can get an afternoon away, maybe lunch or something. i have an idea that you can help me with.

Also, a very important announcement.................EVERYONE THAT APPLIES BEFORE FEBRUARY 1, WILL BE PLACED INTO A RAFFLE FOR A FREE ENTRY TO THE 2009 ROCKY MOUNTAIN 3 GUN, AS WELL AS 2 ENTRIES FOR THE BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN 3 GUN. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES TO OTHER EXCLUSIVE MATCHES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THESE COMPETITORS AS WELL. The names of these matches will be included as I receive the entries from them.

The Match Directors and I have made arrangements for FREE entries to made available for us to use as incentives and prizes.

Enter soon,....................Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Competitors can add "FB3G 2009" to the list of available entries for everyone that registers before February 1. AMU has graciously allowed us 2 entries into the 2009 FB3G match, one of these will be on the prize table and one will be used for early registrants.

Blue Ridge Mountain, Ft Benning, and Rocky Mountain 3 gun matches have all joined our growing list of match sponsors.

Do not put off registering you could miss out on a really cool incentive!!!!!

Trapr

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad to announce that Chris Patty, and CPWSA have agreed to help us with our match and joined our list of sponsors.

Remember, if you sign up before FEB 1, you have a chance at a FREE entry for many of 2009's biggest and best matches.

Also, if I've already spoken to you about ROing or helping out, I need an entry from you as well so we can keep everyone accounted for.

Trapr

For those of you with navigators the GPS coordinates to the range are, 35* 43'08.00" N and 97* 18'03.00" W this will get you to the gate leading to the range bays.

between polls and GPS's I don't know which one I care for less? :roflol:

trapr

Due to spring break being that same week, none of the hotels seem to be interested in being the "match hotel" I am including several hotels and numbers that are within 12 miles of the range. The Best Western is the lowest priced and I had hoped to make them the match hotel. It is very nice and I would recomend them. anyway here are some of the Hotels, and if I can swing it I will still have the Best Western as the match hotel. Thanks guys Kurt Miller

Best Western Hotel and Suites, Edmond

(405) 216-0300

Hampton Inn Edmond

(405) 844-3037

Holiday Inn Express

(405) 844-3700

Fairfield Suites

(405) 341-4818

The stages have been finalized and will be posted on the website in the next week or so. Round counts will be updated, but remain very close to what was originally listed.

There are stages that call for shot, and buck but the stage can be shot entirely with buck if you choose to do so, provided you still use the max. 9 pellet 00 buck load for 12ga. and max. #3 buck for 20ga. on the paper targets.

Trapr

• 2 weeks later...

10 days left

10 days left for everyone to get their entries in before the deadline for the free entry drawing to RM3G, BRM3G, FB3G. Provided your entry is postmarked, Jan 31 or sooner, you will be in the drawing. I will draw for the entries on the 10th, that should give procrastinators enough time for their entries to arrive even if they are sent on the deadline date.

Edited by bigbrowndog

Just as soon as I get the program from D.Horner that will allow me to get them done, he's been on his honeymoon and at the SHOT show so I cut him a little slack. If its not this week I may take other steps to get them up. i can give a written description here if anyone wants a basic idea of what to expect.

trapr

Lee my intent was to call or email all the people that I have received entries for, but just to be sure could you send me another check because the first one is already spent :roflol:

sorry folks, but my best buddy the BBD has been very sick the last few months and my attention has been towards finding out what the problem is, we have done a battery of tests and the last one actually seems to have given us a answer, sometimes I think he just likes spending my money!!! :roflol:

Lee you are in and accounted for, I am at work now and the entries are at home so I'll call or email everyone tomorrow. I just remember Lee's name, also Brian P you're good as well.

trapr

Trapr

Let us know whats up with the BBD!!!!!

Dean

Lee my intent was to call or email all the people that I have received entries for, but just to be sure could you send me another check because the first one is already spent :roflol:

sorry folks, but my best buddy the BBD has been very sick the last few months and my attention has been towards finding out what the problem is, we have done a battery of tests and the last one actually seems to have given us a answer, sometimes I think he just likes spending my money!!! :roflol:

Lee you are in and accounted for, I am at work now and the entries are at home so I'll call or email everyone tomorrow. I just remember Lee's name, also Brian P you're good as well.

trapr

Just as soon as I get the program from D.Horner that will allow me to get them done, he's been on his honeymoon and at the SHOT show so I cut him a little slack. If its not this week I may take other steps to get them up. i can give a written description here if anyone wants a basic idea of what to expect.

trapr

If you have something already written, I would be interested.

I can put the stages down tomorrow in written form, and I'll work on getting them up on the website this week one way or another.

Thread drift:

Scout, has what is known as Adult onset MegaEsophagus, which basically means his esophagus has become huge like a funnel but the opening to his stomach is still small so all the food comes in and bottlenecks at his stomach and slowly trickles in it can take several hours for a cup of food to get into his stomach, the trouble is that it has taken me since August to figure this out, so he has been regurgitating his food 5 to 8 times a day and mostly at night while trying to sleep, consequently he has lost some weight. Now he gets his food in "smoothie" form a little bit at a time all day long, which he thoroughly enjoys since he gets to eat ALL DAY LONG. Anyway now that I know what the problem is I can take steps to keep him fed and not regurgitating his food. So it seems he will put the weight back on in short order.

Trapr

Written stage descriptions:

stg 1: A slug and shot stage, 14 shot, 12 slugs min. A table on the left and a table on the right, aprox. 20yds between them. All your slugs on one table and all your shot on the other. the ammo must stay on the table or be actively loading into the gun, no carrying ammo, except COWBOY shooters. 4 LaRues with 4 paper behind them, these are the slug targets steel must fall and best 2 on paper. range to LaRues between 50-75yds paper is directly behind LaRues. Shot targets 10-20yds away 14 plates with no shoots.

stg2: A buckshot and shot stage, 10 BS and 18 shot min., BS targets are paper between 15-40 yds away, best 2 on paper, Shot targets 18 plates between 10-35 yds away with no shoots. Start standing with gun completely unloaded, no ammo in hands.

stg 3: A buckshot and slug stage, 8 BS and 8 slugs min., best 2 on paper. 4 slug targets at 20-35yds., and 8 BS targets at 15-30yds. Start with toes on fault line at either "A" or "B".

stg4: a speed shoot, 8 slugs min., 4 clays and 2 paper with no shoots, clays about 12-15yds, and paper 15-20yds, best 2 on paper, clays must break. start behind a table and remain behind table.

stg 5: all shot 19 rounds min., 4 LaRues at 20-25yds, with about 2 feet behind them, numerous plates from start of stage to back of stage with no shoots, steel must fall to score.

stg 6: the infamous loose rounds stage, 7 rounds shot min., start behind table, all ammo loose in bucket with golf balls, no ammo carrying or ammo gathering devices allowed in bucket with ammo. SG empty on table, hands on bucket rim, on signal engage targets from within fault lines. steel must fall to score. 7 plates about 10-12 yds away with no shoots.

stg 7: 6 shot min., plates about 10 yds away with no shoots, standing in box with empty chamber and SG in hand. on signal engage correct targets from box only, steel must fall to score.

stg 8: 12 shot min., SG propped in doorway with empty chamber, shooter standing outside of shooting area. Enter building and engage targets, clays MUST be activated before engaging, 2 popper activators, 6 plates with no shoots, and 4 swinging clays.

stg 9: 6 slugs min., basically an El Prez without the reload, SG loaded to division capacity on table. VIRGINIA COUNT stage.

stg 10: 4 buckshot min., Standing in box A, SG unloaded and empty, carried at port arms. on signal load and engage targets from Box "A" only, best 2 hits on paper.

stg 11: 11 shot min., standing holding activator popper, SG in rack with empty chamber, on signal engage targets from within fault lines, a Texas star, and 6 plates with no shoots, all within 12-20yds.

stg 12: 18 shot min., standing in box "A" SG loaded to division capacity, on signal engage targets from Box "A" then move to fault line and engage targets from behind it, then proceed to fault line and engage targets from behind it. 18 steel plates from 10-15 yds with no shoots.

BUCKSHOT qualifies as SHOT, if you so desire to shoot a BS and SHOT stage with all BS, this will be allowed, it will however not be necessary. All stages will be proofed with the ammo as it reads in the course description and with a CYL. choked gun with a 24" barrel, ammo will be 1 oz., 7.5 shot.