Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coupled PMags

Rockchucker

Does anyone have any experience with coupling PMags for a magazine bi-pod effect? I love the PMags, but in the 3-gun matches that I get to shoot, there is almost always a stage or two where the ability to use coupled magazines as a bi-pod really comes in handy.

I use the Arrendondo couplers with 30 round Brownell magazines or stainless steel C Products mags.... However the Arrendondo's don't work with the PMags and the Buffer Technologies cinch strap isn't great either...

Edited by Rockchucker

Does anyone have any experience with coupling PMags for a magazine bi-pod effect? I love the PMags, but in the 3-gun matches that I get to shoot, there is almost always a stage or two where the ability to use coupled magazines as a bi-pod really comes in handy.

I use the Arrendondo couplers with 30 round Brownell magazines or stainless steel C Products mags.... However the Arrendondo's don't work with the PMags and the Buffer Technologies cinch strap isn't great either...

Arrendondo's work, you have to grind the tap out of the corners

Arrendondo's will work. I didn't have to grind anything but it did take some muscle to stretch them over the ribs. For me, these didn't work with aluminum mags. They allowed the mags to slip no matter how much I tightened them. With PMags, they work great because the ribs prevent them from slipping.

post-2477-1223262981_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with coupling PMags for a magazine bi-pod effect?...

be careul, some matches (RM3G is one) may not allow anything larger than a single mag to be used as support in Tactical or He-Man...

jj

Yeah......I guess people see only what they want to see.

But since you asked.....it's magazine extension for the PMAG, gives you a total of 45 rounds in the mag.

who's making these?/are they available?

what you doing for springs (ISMI's?)

been reliable for you?

But since you asked.....it's magazine extension for the PMAG, gives you a total of 45 rounds in the mag.

WTF? 45 rd pmag...?

Also, I'm guessing you utilize coupled mags for different reasons that some of us do, i.e. monopodding off of a pair of 30's. Your pic looks like a 45 and a 30, yes? Could you explain your reasoning?

Edited by ken hebert

My reasoning is.....it's the only 2 mag's I had for the picture. Normally, I guess I wouldn't do that....it was more to show how I modified the 308 Mag cinch to work for the PMAG

So, now that the cat is out of the bag......Nordic is making the extension, it uses an extra long chrome silicon magazine spring, yes, they are reliable and will be availible for shipping in a couple of days.

And no, I did not mean to hijack this thread....so lets get it back on couplers.

Rob - that's the ugliest setup I've ever seen!

Ugly but very functional, warts and all it works 100%. All the stuff I own isn't Gucci ! :roflol:

Gee, I have NEVER been accused of having an ugly set up before (heavy dose of sarcasm added).

Looks functional to me. Rock on.

I use a single Mag-Cinch and a whole bunch of duct tape, it's works very well.

Gawd I love Duct Tape!

Every time I see a new use for the stuff I think of The Red Green Show.

He always said, "Any tool can be the right tool"

Or how about,

If it moves and you don't want it to, use duct tape.

If it's stuck and you want to move, use WD-40 :lol:

After conversations, this will be a kit that includes 1) clamp that fastens a user owned Pmag to a 2) Pmag that that has been modifed. Item will be available in the next few weeks after some production issues have been taken care of.

Nordic Components PMAG extension

pmag-extension.jpg

Edited by Cactustactical