Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know 95% of us on here are sport shooters and shoot competively weather in matches or against themselves. I'm just curious of who carries a gun with them all the time. I seldom carry a gun with me. I bought a small gun for that very reason but more often than not I keep it at home. How often do you carry and if you do what gun do you take?

Pete

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do fairly regularly except at work where local rules forbid it (illegal local rules I might add but we won't go there). Current carry blaster is a Kimber Compact CPD II in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It always goes with me in the car, at least, when I go to the "big city". It also always goes with me when I take the dog for a walk. A friend showed me this rig last winter and I had to have one. Easily the most comfortable carry combo on the planet that is a reasonable caliber, at least that I have found.

Have a heater in the truck loaded and ready to go at all times.

Can't really carry due to my work environment. I do carry almost all the time when I travel.

JB

Running: Kel Tec P-32. Working at the range/gunstore: Glock 19 or Steyr, either M9 or M40. Winter time "pocket gun" for jacket/overcoat: S&W 340PD .357. In this area, N. Va., I may not always "need" to carry, but as a right and a matter of principle, I often carry. I feel it is important to be proficient if you carry and IPSC/steel/pins/GSSF etc. are part of that responsibility.

S&W 6904 9x21 mm here.

Had a Glock 27 before, but prefer the alloy frame of 9x21 (apart from the fact that the 27 was a pain to fire with heavier than 155grs bullets).

Just curios to know, for those that are not allowed HPs for self-defence, what style of bullet do you use?

Mine are SPs.

Had to give up the light saber :(

Was not effective over arm's lenght! :D

Zorba,

I agree completely ... I own 2 Glocks and have not shot either in competition. I do respect the fact that they always work and have the features that I want. I really don't consider them (particularly the 27) fun to shoot.

Leo

In Italy, as well as in the rest of Europe, we have a silly regulation regarding expansive ammunitions that are not allowed for personal defense.

I don't know if it came from a brainfade of some rocket scientists speculating on Ginevra's convention, but this is the result.

Glock 27, Sig 239 or Kel Tec P32 in the truck most of the time. I would be more comfortable with a 5" government of any caliber but I feel the Glock and the Sig would give less legal problems if I was forced to use it.