Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieves

Robbie Wheaton Jr

Caught two guys breaking into my car about 5am this morning. They already had my GPS, Radar detector, and about 1k of 223 packed into my range cooler along with a bunch of other stuff. I held them at gunpoint with the trusty 1911 while my wife called 911. The Police arrived about 5min later and arrested both the thugs; charged them both with grand theft auto as well as grand larceny, possession of a weapon during the comission of a crime, trespassing, and littering. They threw their empty beer cans on the road to my house that matched the empty beer cans they left in my driveway while they were cleaning out my car. The SRT officers that responded were great. One officer smiled and told them both they could expect to serve at least five years in their county. Both of the theives had priors for both drugs and larceny. I learned some valuable lessons. One; just because you live in a nice neighborhood does not mean that you are immune to people stealing your stuff. If anything you are more of a target for them. Two; lock your doors no matter where you are. I always lock my doors except when I am home. That changed this morning. Three; know where a phone is at all times. My wife had to look all over the house before she finally found one downstairs on the island in the kitchen. Four, always have an accessable firearm and know how to use it. Five; voice commands work! Especially when they are following up the sound of a slide racking! Six; if you keep a garage door opener in your car make sure you lock the interior door to your house. My wife always comes in the house through the garage and she never locks the interior door. These goons could have raised the garage door with the opener and walked right into our house. the door is being replaced today with a steel door and frame along with a deadbolt. The same with our back door.

Glad to hear everything went your way, after the painful discovery of being violated by strangers at 5am. Too many stories that start out like yours but take an unexpected turn for the worse one way or another.

By the way if thieves are willing to stay up until 5am, and lift heavy objects for a living why the hell don't they JUST GET A JOB like the rest of us ....... :unsure::angry:

Excellent and awesome story!! Great job! B)

If you don't mind, I'd like to cut-n-paste your post into our concealed carry (Oregon) forum site--if that's OK. It's a CLASSIC home-defense/self-defense scenario using a firearm and all the proper procedures.

Yes, LOCK EVERYTHING UP... at all times. Take nothing for granted. :ph34r: Ever.

Excellent Robbie!

Way to go!

Glad neither you nor your wife was injured by these idiots.

Hopefully they will be sent away for a long while.

ALWAYS remove the garage door openers from your vehicles when you arrive at home.

You can leave them on the counter or in your bag you take to work or whereever but DON'T leave them in your car.

JK

:cheers:

Sometimes the good guy(s) win..... Glad it was you. Most everyone in the RV park I am currently domiciled in had their autos burgled a week or so ago. My truck has a bad ass alarm with a big blinking red light on the dash so they passed me by. They hit about 15 vehicles including my buddy staying across the drive from me. Cut convertible tops and punched door locks out on just about everyone here.....

Just about all of us have been victimized at one time or another... We all rejoice to hear when someone actually catches the )_@(#(*(&$%&s.

Edited by Merlin Orr

Excellent and awesome story!! Great job! B)

If you don't mind, I'd like to cut-n-paste your post into our concealed carry (Oregon) forum site--if that's OK. It's a CLASSIC home-defense/self-defense scenario using a firearm and all the proper procedures.

Yes, LOCK EVERYTHING UP... at all times. Take nothing for granted. :ph34r: Ever.

Please feel free to use my post; especially if it could help others. Thanks.

Anyone that would like to forward my post is more than welcome to do so. I wanted to make a point that complacency even in our homes can get us into trouble. It is a shame that we have to remain diligent with our personal security even in our comfy little homes. People like this are everywhere; looking to get something for nothing. I had a moral responsibility to make a stand and say no! You will not steal from me or anyone else in my neighborhood. I hope this will send a message at least locally to criminals. Hey we need to stay out of that neighborhood. Those honest people have those awful guns and will even use them! The entire neighborhood has came together in response to these guys. A reformed community watch along with a renewed interest in everyone's personal security. The local sherrifs office called me about 8pm this evening to let me know there would be a bond hearing in the morning for both of these guys. The officer asked if I wanted restraining orders placed against them and I said yes. I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks. Will do.

It's a superb example of what could typically happen to an innocent homeowner on his/her own property. And how to handle it with calm expertise and proper protocols.

I'll let you know what the other forum members think of it. I'm sure it'll be positive. B)

Thanks. Will do.

It's a superb example of what could typically happen to an innocent homeowner on his/her own property. And how to handle it with calm expertise and proper protocols.

I'll let you know what the other forum members think of it. I'm sure it'll be positive. B)

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate all the positive responses.

The concept of 'neighborhood watch', whether formal (thru local law enforcement agencies) or grass roots (local neighbors taking the matter into their own and hands and forming a group) is a good one in any event. "Safety in numbers" DOES have some meaning in some cases.