Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieves

Robbie Wheaton Jr

As JK said, don't ever leave a garage door opener in you car! Think about it, a bad guy (or girl) breaks into your car while you and the family are at work/school.Oh boy a garage door opener! Hey, here's the owners car registration with his/her home address. I have a couple of hours to clean out the owners house!

Glad to hear that a good guy won one. I imagine that 45 got their attention.

CYa,

Pat

As JK said, don't ever leave a garage door opener in you car! Think about it, a bad guy (or girl) breaks into your car while you and the family are at work/school.Oh boy a garage door opener! Hey, here's the owners car registration with his/her home address. I have a couple of hours to clean out the owners house!

Glad to hear that a good guy won one. I imagine that 45 got their attention.

CYa,

Pat

Robbie, I am glad you and your family are safe.

This is probably old news, but always have a garage door opener that uses a different code every time it opens. If not it can be tracked and they can use it to open the door while you are gone.

The concept of 'neighborhood watch', whether formal (thru local law enforcement agencies) or grass roots (local neighbors taking the matter into their own and hands and forming a group) is a good one in any event. "Safety in numbers" DOES have some meaning in some cases.

And it can lead to great Block-Parties! Knowing, if not liking your neighbor can lead to better security. :)