Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got talked into working the match. So I will be shooting the match on Friday. 10 stages in the heat will be tough to stay competitive and focused, but I am up for the challenge. :)

Edited to add that I couldn't resist the two free shirts! :roflol:

Edited by Rocket35

What heat?

As I recall, last year the staff were shooting in 30 degree weather, with wind that was blowing away the stages. We stopped shooting on Thursday as it was so miserable, and we finished it all up on Friday. Saturday for the match was perfect.

That was very odd weather for NM in June, but it happened. Typical early June weather for Albuquerque is anything but HOT. Anything but Windy. Best time of the year weather-wise is early June, and that's why we do it it then.

Do not fear weather. It can't be beat, no matter what. Go for the record, then deal with it!

cya in June, In Albquerque

• 2 weeks later...
This is always a fun match. I've attended the last three. Great match, great place, great people, and great food! :D

Totally agree with Kearsage, this is always a great match and I absolutely love the weather and the scenery. We have spread the good word about this match here at home, so expect to be invaded by a few more Texans this year. I put my app in the mail this morning, and rumor has it that we'll be squadded with the awesome guys from the LCPD - woo hoo! :cheers:

If anyone hasn't decided about going to this match then rest assured that it's a blast. The RO's are fantastic, stages are fast and furious, and it's an all around good time. That reminds me, I gotta get my app in.

Edited by jasmap

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone hasn't decided about going to this match then rest assured that it's a blast. The RO's are fantastic, stages are fast and furious, and it's an all around good time. That reminds me, I gotta get my app in.

I think you should send in 2 application just so you are covered on the reshoots. :)

I think you should send in 2 application just so you are covered on the reshoots. :)

Now see, I was going to be nice and not mention that Jason should probably start loading ammo now given how much more he shoots at the match than the rest of us but noooooooooo, you had to go on and open that door didn't you? :roflol: