Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P9L production list?

dcarter

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard when the 9L will be listed on the production legal list?????

Hopefully you are talking about IPSC. Don´t know about USPSA.

It is actually since some time...

See here: IPSC

goto Divisions, then Production Division List.

I am sad about this:

M&P9 Pro is not approved

Benny

Edited by Benjamin Arendt

• 2 months later...

Good luck there.... I've been waiting since Aug. when S&W said "We're close". USPSA say's it will be added to the list as soon as the 2000 unit milestone is met, no hold ups!!! It's all in S&W hands and getting the guns to the public for purchase.

Here's the latest from S&W today. Not good news if you plan to compete tru the winter.....

Did have 2000 made of both the 9L and the 9 Pro, then it was decided

that they were two different models, so will have to make 2k of both to

have them qualify. There will be an announcement on the web site when

they are approved. Should be close, want them to be approved for the

spring season.

Merry Christmas ! Jeff W.

The wait continues..... Get out there and make those purchases!!!!!! :roflol:

I emailed this to Julie Goloski a couple of weeks ago and got this answer.

Julie,

I just bought a M&P9L and since you shoot for Smith and Wesson I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. Has Smith and Wesson sold the required number of the M&P9L's to become legal for USPSA Production class? If so, do you know when this could happen? Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the email. We have not hit the numbers yet. Unfortunately USPSA won’t let us combine the number for the longslides even though the only differences are the sights, trigger job and the serration style on the slide. We should be on track to be legal by Springtime and hopefully sooner. We may hit numbers as early as February. Basically S&W makes what we receive orders for from dealers/distributors.

I wish I had better news. I know everyone is anxious to shoot them. As soon as we meet the numbers, I will be submitting the paperwork to USPSA.

Wishing you a happy holiday season!

Julie

...We have not hit the numbers yet. Unfortunately USPSA won't let us combine the number for the longslides even though the only differences are the sights, trigger job and the serration style on the slide...

Julie

It's a bummer that USPSA won't allow them to be combined, as there's really no significant difference. I even wonder why S&W went to all the expense and trouble of designing and manufacturing two separate 5" slides when the resulting guns are for all intents and purposes identical except for sights and slight slide contouring... why not just make one slide, and offer a "race ready" version with upgraded sights and a lightened/smoothed-out trigger? :huh:

Edited by Xfactor

Hi everyone,

I know many are excited about the longslides (me too). I have my pen ready for the submission to USPSA the minute I learn that we have hit the 2K mark for the 9L and the Pro. Although it makes perfect sense to many of us that these should be combined, USPSA will not allow it. John Amidon is following the rules established very specifically and I am confident that he will be consistent for every submission her receives.

To my knowledge, USPSA is the only major action shooting sport that has not approved the models. So even if you can't shoot your 9L or Pro in USPSA Production, there are matches out there where you can shoot them.

I hope that helps to clarify. Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Julie

Hi everyone,

I know many are excited about the longslides (me too). I have my pen ready for the submission to USPSA the minute I learn that we have hit the 2K mark for the 9L and the Pro. Although it makes perfect sense to many of us that these should be combined, USPSA will not allow it. John Amidon is following the rules established very specifically and I am confident that he will be consistent for every submission her receives.

To my knowledge, USPSA is the only major action shooting sport that has not approved the models. So even if you can't shoot your 9L or Pro in USPSA Production, there are matches out there where you can shoot them.

I hope that helps to clarify. Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Julie

Julie,

Is there any speculation that the fact that USPSA has NOT approved them that it might be hurting sales somewhat? I mean, it was my understanding that those guns were designed to compete with the Glock 34 for competitive shooting, but if you can't shoot it, why buy it? I know a few people that are on the fence about buying one waiting for it to be approved.

Julie,

Is there any speculation that the fact that USPSA has NOT approved them that it might be hurting sales somewhat? I mean, it was my understanding that those guns were designed to compete with the Glock 34 for competitive shooting, but if you can't shoot it, why buy it? I know a few people that are on the fence about buying one waiting for it to be approved.

Not sure about whether or not the approval would affect sales. Both longslides are legal in the other shooting sports that I am aware of so its just a matter of time. USPSA has much different criteria and procedures for approval than the others I have worked with. Both of these models certainly have competitors throughout the firearms industry and certainly they are used by competitive shooters, but also have other applications as well. Hopefully if there are people waiting out there to buy after it is approved they won't be waiting much longer.

All the best,

Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for posting to help clarify. Do you have any idea what the sales-to-date numbers are for the 9L and Pro? It seems like so many of us have bought them already, but then again this BE forum shooting community is probably a small subset of the gun-buying public at large...!

Hi Julie,

Thanks for posting to help clarify. Do you have any idea what the sales-to-date numbers are for the 9L and Pro? It seems like so many of us have bought them already, but then again this BE forum shooting community is probably a small subset of the gun-buying public at large...!

S&W is currently in holiday shutdown so I can't get any up to date numbers. I will see what I can find out when we start up again in January.

Happy Holidays!

Julie

Hi Julie,

S&W is currently in holiday shutdown so I can't get any up to date numbers. I will see what I can find out when we start up again in January.

Happy Holidays!

Julie

Hi Julie,

One more question for the folks at S & W :)

Are there any plans to submit the Pro or L to the California DOJ so we Californians can buy one? We need one of those 5 inch guns on this list: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Thanks,

Keith

Hello,

I am not sure if we have submitted CA legal models yet. Will try to get that info when we resume after the holidays. As for other calibers, people have been asking and both the head of Performance Center and the M&P Product Manager know there is interest out there. We'll just have to see...

All the best,

Julie