Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team Lambert takes the gold

GentlemanJim

Well this is kind of a long story but I'ld like to share it.

Yesterday morning my Dad and I had several hours to kill while waiting for the new Firebird receivers to be anodized.

One of the stops was to get some campaign signs to post along our property. When we arrived at McCain campaign headquarters,

One of the ladies, noticing my manly appearance and my semi-sportsmanlike garb, asked if I was a shooter. So I curiously answered that I was a shooter and

my wife was also. She took that opportunity to invite us to an event to meet and listen to guest speaker Jack Kemp (one time vice presidential canidate).

BTW, he's awesome!

This was to be held at an indoor shooting range that also included a pistol competition. Hannity and Colmes was doing a live broadcast from the indoor range where Sec. Kemp, an avid sporstman, would be interviewed. Then after the interview, a bullseye style pistol competition would be held and the winner would have the opportunity to meet and greet Republican Presidential candidate, John McCain. Additionally, the winner might also join the straight-talk express...which is the McCain campaign bus trip.

We enjoyed the short but enthusiastic speech by Sec. Kemp followed by the photo op along with hand shakes and how do you do's.

Then came the pistol match. :D

The first 25 people to sign up got to compete. I signed-up Nanci, my son Chris, and myself. Well, Nanci whooped up big time and took first place. I meandered my way into second and my son Chris cleaned up with third place. :cheers:

The campaign people, being impressed with the Lambert tribe (the 2 of us plus my Mom and Dad, my son, my daughter-in-law, and our 3 grand daughters), decided that the whole darn family should get to meet Presidential hopeful, John McCain. :D

We just can't wait.

Please do not politicize this thread. It was just a real great time and we wanted to share it with you.

Now that sounds like the best waiting around for a receiver to get anodized I've ever heard of!!!

Congratulations on the sweep. :cheers:

You know this thread is worthless without pictures. You did mention there was a photo op. I'm looking forward to seeing the three of you on the pedestal.... :D

Sorry Dale...no pedestal.

Those bullseye shooters were fairly impressed by the results on the target.

Maybe they'll look at ISPC shooters a little different in the future. :P