Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

National Open/L10 Stages

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OL10 stats as I have them so far:

29 moving targets (includes 2 on a single zip line)

55 no shoots

6 stages without movers

3 stages with classic targets

No TX*

No dummy (insert your exception here)

No prop tossing

No monkey motions at all

Looks like we will have to get by on shooting skill :rolleyes:

Feel free to correct my math or observations.

David C

We shot one at the Area 3 this year. That one stayed visible on the outside edge of a NS.

Warning that one activated "Sloweeeer" than it first looked.

It didn't look like it gave an advantage to trying to catch it before it stopped though.

55 no shoots

No-shoot count will most probably not be accurate - some will usually be added along the way as they tweak the stage setups...

3 stages with classic targets

yeah... that might change, too. Last year, IIRC, they changed the target mix in the 2nd iteration of the stages. So, this might even out more before the match, as well...

No prop tossing

No monkey motions at all

Looks like we will have to get by on shooting skill :rolleyes:

Yes, excellent ;) heh heh...

Also looks like, for the Open guys, 8 reloads (including 3 on the standards)... and 2 maybes...

The two movers on the bridge stage aren't on a zip line. They are on a moving target system. This is on the Action Pistol range so it is the same style mover they use for NRA Action Pistol.

That was about all I could discern from the drawing.

I should have added:

Your milage may vary, results not typical, subject to change and my fav rejoiner of all time from Smitty in Florida:

"FROM OUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT - Actual stages on the ground may or may not appear exactly as the stages depicted on this website. In fact they may or may not look anything remotely similar to the stages depicted on this website. The FL State match hereby releases itself from any liability, fault, blame, or care of poor performance from a competitor due to correct or incorrect, similar or not similar, kinda looks like or don't look nothin' like depictions on this website.

FROM OUR LEGAL TRANSLATION DEPARTMENT - "If you blow a stage, it's your own damn fault." You guys know the drill, we did our best, but they may look a little different."

David C :devil:

The Drazy Drop-out at Area 3 had a cannon ball on it.

When activated, the ball rolled off on the right hand side of

the target exposing A-zone for a short period of time. Then, the

target flopped back over to the left hand side of the no shoot and stayed there.

Depending on how fast you shoot and the target array, you could be

waiting on it to get back if you don't plan accordingly.

Depending on stage design there could be an advantage to shooting it on

the first appearance.

I took 4 shots after activating it and still had to wait on it's second showing.

Edited by racegun9

55 no shoots

No-shoot count will most probably not be accurate - some will usually be added along the way as they tweak the stage setups...

True, and the ratio of NS to available targets is about one in four (about the same as 2007). There is a real difference this year (aside from those noted above) and that is the use of hard cover. In 2007 there were 70 targets with hard cover (both real and simulated). In 2008 the there are just three (3) REAL hard cover targets and ZERO simulated hard cover.

So far. ;)

So, after a quick review, the Open/L10 stages are identical to the LPR stages.... or am I missing something? The match schedule includes a "stage change over" day so I assumed there would be, well, change.

If you look closely at the stages there are only 4 that are exactly the same for both matches, and they are all short courses.

Looks like fun.

Set up and shot the "standards" stage today. Was amazed at how consistent times were for all 3 strings. Speaking of which, I need to lose some time before next month. Seven seconds goes by fast...

Some of us only HAVE to do the three for the standards, although I might throw a couple in to be safe.

Ummmm.... yeah, you go right ahead and do that.... ;)

Yeah, what Dave said. And I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to do it.... :roflol:

Some of us only HAVE to do the three for the standards, although I might throw a couple in to be safe.

Ummmm.... yeah, you go right ahead and do that.... ;)

Yeah, what Dave said. And I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to do it.... :roflol:

Come on now guys don't make them second guess themselves.......it really is a good plan ;) stick with it.

What's up with the mix (not on one stage) of "classic" and "metric" targets? Any word on that really happening? I've never seen the "androids" at a Nationals that I've attended. Now I have to scrounge some of those to practice standards on. I've never seen those at the local clubs either! Where can I buy about 10 of them?

What's up with the mix (not on one stage) of "classic" and "metric" targets? Any word on that really happening? I've never seen the "androids" at a Nationals that I've attended. Now I have to scrounge some of those to practice standards on. I've never seen those at the local clubs either! Where can I buy about 10 of them?

We have a bunch, if you get back out this way....

I understand that using metric and classic on one stage is contrary to USPSA rules :P it's Illegal :P