Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

National Open/L10 Stages

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Nationals being approx. 4 weeks away (give or take) and no stage diagrams posted ... I'm a little surprised there isn't more talk going on about this ...... remember when they still hadn't posted the official dates for the Nats and we were all about ready to kill each other over it ? :wacko:

What gives ? Is everyone on vacation, or have you all got heat stroke! ;) You are all going to Nationals, right ?

... and while Sept. 10th would be fine with you and me EZ Bagger, the guys & girls shooting the LPR Nats would probably be a little upset! :P

(Slowly but swiftly stirring the pot!)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

40 yard standards ! Excellent...

Yeah, buddy... complete w/ SHO and WHO, plus 3 reloads! :D

I did notice a lack of huge field courses... two 31 round, three or four in the 27-28 range. Lots of small to medium courses of fire, with what looks like a decent amount of position work. Though its a mistake to make too many assumptions from the diagrams, this almost has the flavor of an IPSC-ish match... which is cool by me ;)

As noted, stages were posted today. There was no significant delay in posting stages; some of us have regular jobs, families, etc., just like you do, as well as commitments to teaching classes, other matches to produce, and significant pieces of Nationals other than the stages to worry about. There are 19 stages this year, plus chrono, and we are working with some new additions to the USSA range that should prove challenging.

We are working on squadding now, mostly due to people being slow in returning slots that they didn't want or couldn't decide to accept, as well as last minute cancellations and waiting list calls. Since it seems that most of the slots are now taken, and the information is in the database, we can begin squadding. Because we want to try to honor squadding requests and we don't want to have to squad, then re-squad, then do it again, we usually try to wait until we can be reasonably certain that we have everything as complete as possible before we start.

Because there is a significant demand to be squadded with someone, it's not always possible to honor everyone's request. We do our best, but things just don't work out sometimes. The slot that each competitor signs specifically states that the competitor will accept his squadding assignment without complaint, but that doesn't always happen, either.

As soon as we can ensure that we have the squad lists assembled and accurate, they'll be posted, but don't expect it to happen overnight. We are working with two matches at once this year, so it may be a little more complicated than in the past. Please be as patient as possible, but be advised that last minute squad requests and requests at registration probably won't be honored.

BTW, nobody at USPSA HQ is involved in squadding, so there is no need to call there with requests or problems.

Hope this helps.

Troy

40 yard standards ! Excellent...

..this almost has the flavor of an IPSC-ish match... which is cool by me ;)

I had the same thought. This is going to prove to be a great warm-up for those attending the WS, which will have many similar stages.

I certainly expected a IPSC flavor to this years Nats, what with the WS and all. Not that I like that sort of shooting, but you get what you get, right? ;) I would rather scratch my "Run & Gun" itch with a dozen 32 round stages or more, but then again we don't always get what we want in life, do we? B)

Thanks for the update Troy. We all know you guys are very busy this year, and your hard work is appreciated ... I guess I am just really excited about going to my 2nd Nats and was looking for a resounding cheer from the peanut gallery! :rolleyes::roflol: