Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GA 2008 State Match website and general information

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia is my home state too, but I am not sure if I will be shooting the match yet or not due to the increase in the match fee. I am really torn on this one. I am sure the match will be top notch as always.

I'm shooting it this year and combining it with a week long vaction at a rented cabin near Blue Ridge. I'm RO'ing on Friday and shooting all day Saturday IIRC.

Has anyone gotten a written or emailed confirmation yet? I sent in my application at least six weeks ago but haven't heard anyting back.

Connot remember if this has been posted and a search turned up nothing with the link so here is the link for the GA State Match coming up in October.

GA State 2008

Get those apps in....

For those who called the Comfort in and got a a confused receptionist I have checked with them and they do have us listed. Make sure you tell them that you are calling for the GA State Match rate in October.

Thanks!

Mark

They have not been yet, Honestly I had not thought of it. I will get confirmations sent by end of day Thursday, 8/1.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark,

Do you know if confirmation notices are being sent out after the applications are processed? I sent in my app over a month ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

I don't know.

I'm living in Memphis now.

Ga and Gator are just about the same distance for travel.

I've been to the Ga match every year since I started.

It's always a well run and fun match.

Unfortunately, I just never seem to perform very well at the Ga match.

Can't say why.

Cosmic coincidence I guess.

Never been to the Gator Classic.

I might just give it a try this year.

This may have to be decided with a coin toss.

Tony

Ladies and Gents,

Indeed I am working on confirmations this weekend and emails will start tomorrow or Monday. I appreciate the concern about the increase in the match fee and I think that everyone understands that the match fee is a function of the format which in this case is a cash payback match.

I assure you it will be a great match and you will enjoy some good shooting, good fellowship, and even some good laughs. Let's not forget that the Moonshine Festival will be going on at the same time just a few miles up the road so there will be plenty of extracurricular activities and you can enjoy a piece of Americana from years gone by.

We will have our famous "Weenie Woman" on site with her "Weenie Wagon", you have never had a hot dog until you try hers. And, not to take away from the Gator Classic, but north Georgia at the end of October is perfect!

I hope to see you there!

Mark

Ladies and Gents,Indeed I am working on confirmations this weekend and emails will start tomorrow or Monday. I appreciate the concern about the increase in the match fee and I think that everyone understands that the match fee is a function of the format which in this case is a cash payback match.I assure you it will be a great match and you will enjoy some good shooting, good fellowship, and even some good laughs. Let's not forget that the Moonshine Festival will be going on at the same time just a few miles up the road so there will be plenty of extracurricular activities and you can enjoy a piece of Americana from years gone by.We will have our famous "Weenie Woman" on site with her "Weenie Wagon", you have never had a hot dog until you try hers. And, not to take away from the Gator Classic, but north Georgia at the end of October is perfect!I hope to see you there!Mark

Ladies and Gents,Indeed I am working on confirmations this weekend and emails will start tomorrow or Monday. I appreciate the concern about the increase in the match fee and I think that everyone understands that the match fee is a function of the format which in this case is a cash payback match.I assure you it will be a great match and you will enjoy some good shooting, good fellowship, and even some good laughs. Let's not forget that the Moonshine Festival will be going on at the same time just a few miles up the road so there will be plenty of extracurricular activities and you can enjoy a piece of Americana from years gone by.We will have our famous "Weenie Woman" on site with her "Weenie Wagon", you have never had a hot dog until you try hers. And, not to take away from the Gator Classic, but north Georgia at the end of October is perfect!I hope to see you there!Mark

Mark,

When will on line squadding become available?

This week we should have online squadding set up. I have never set it up so although I intend to do it Monday it may take a few days to get finished.

Thanks!!!!

Mark,

When will on line squadding become available?

You also forgot to mention that this is one of the South's largest venue for sport shooting.

Keep in mind that this is leaf season in the north Georgia mountains and it will be beautiful so make those hotel reservations early.

I have nothing to say bad about the Gator Classic but given the choice between shooting in the cool mountain mornings vs getting carried away by insects, this boy is staying home and shooting Georgia.