Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried any of the other bullet feeders besides KISS?

I am cheap and in college. I also hate reloading but love shooting. I really want a KISS bullet machine but cannot spend $550+ on one. Has anyone tried any of the alternative bullet feeder machines? I am currently running a Hornady LNL AP with casefeeder, usually in .45.

Such as:

Maybe the LEE can be modified for my AP. Link

is a video of the LEE.

This thing is so inexpesnive I might just bite the bullet and buy it. Sorry for the pun.

Or the guys that advertise in Front Sight. Link

Any input would be much appreciated.

I couldn't make the lee bullet feeder work on a lee press. Maybe you are more adept than I but I finally took it off & threw it away. I haven't tried any other bullet feeder since getting rid of the lee press & going to the dillons. That was years ago, though, so maybe lee fixed theirs? hahahaha. Maybe not. Obviously YMMV!

MLM

I looked at the on that's advertised in the Front Sight, and at $139 and it only holds about 40 bullets, you may as well single feedbecause I think that it will be quicker. Same goes for the Lee.

I run a KISS.

I looked at the on that's advertised in the Front Sight, and at $139 and it only holds about 40 bullets,

you may as well single feedbecause I think that it will be quicker. Same goes for the Lee.

I run a KISS.

For the Lee feeder to work you must use their specialy made Radiused Die.

Video of it on YouTube looks promising.

There is a Gaspari Feeder right now on E-Bay with extra tubes and the loading tray

for $110. he says he paid like $175 on another website I saw the same ad.

I just received 2 KISS Bullet Feeders. There was a delay that seems to be in a change to the (Collator) Feeder Bowl.

They are going from a fixed size bullet flipper to an adjustable bullet flipper system. I was told the plates

are different from earlier collators. I luckily have some bullet collator bowls about twice the size of a Dillon

Case Collator. So I only needed to buy the Conversion kits at $150. each. If you don't need the collator,

they do seem to be shipping the conversions which include everything except the bowl and spring shute.

Hope this helps, GunWhoreDer

I installed a Lee Bullet feeder on my Xl650 Dr. Frankenstein's work.

It works, although you need to be able to do a bit of debugging, and now loading is definitely much comfortable for me.

Tested it on 9mm and .40", soon will be trying .45".

I have 10 tubes each for 9mm and .40", thus I can load some 250/300 bullets (enough for my training sessions) without having to refill them.

I don't see myself reloading without my KISS feeder....I also don't see myself filling bullets tubes...I don't even fill the primer tube (RF100 user)..automation for the price save my shoulder for better use like shooting :) I'm a left hand shooter and reloading was getting painful about 4k per month (2 shooters) plus shooting 2/3 of it.... :goof:

• 2 months later...

The Lee bullet feeder is CRAP......never got it to work ....got a KISS.....just the best

Don't waste your money..save it an buy the KISS

Wow, great post Skywalker that is exactly what I was looking for. Did you use a special Lee die?

Thnx to everyone else who posted.

• 3 months later...
does the kiss do Lead bullets? or jacketed only? -chris

That system will operate best with jacketed and coated cast lead. A number of users load wax lubed cast lead but there are some sticky issues with wax migration, (pun intended). You would need to load in a relatively cool temperature and most likely need to use some type of release agent or lubricant on the bullets in the collator to reduce sticking. You would also be cleaning the equipment more often. Personally, I prefer jacketed or coated cast lead (moly, etc)

Hope that helps.

Rick

That system will operate best with jacketed and coated cast lead. A number of users load wax lubed cast lead but there are some sticky issues with wax migration, (pun intended). You would need to load in a relatively cool temperature and most likely need to use some type of release agent or lubricant on the bullets in the collator to reduce sticking. You would also be cleaning the equipment more often. Personally, I prefer jacketed or coated cast lead (moly, etc)

Hope that helps.

Rick

so if i cast my own, dont use lube just moly coat them? or do i moly coat over the lube? just courious may be thinking i may have to try the moly thing. i got a moly tumbler i just got from my grandpa when he passed. never moly coated anything yet. wonder in low velocities like 45 acp 850 fps. if there would be much leading..... long as i could run a match so like 300 rounds before i clean the bore that would work.. -chris

Hope that helps.

Rick

so if i cast my own, dont use lube just moly coat them? or do i moly coat over the lube? just courious may be thinking i may have to try the moly thing. i got a moly tumbler i just got from my grandpa when he passed. never moly coated anything yet. wonder in low velocities like 45 acp 850 fps. if there would be much leading..... long as i could run a match so like 300 rounds before i clean the bore that would work.. -chris

I think just moly coating your cast bullets will work fine. I suppose some shooters have tried shooting lead without any lube at all and just cleaning the bore as much as necessary, but I don't have any experience with that... Maybe a gunsmith could report on what that would do to the barrel over the long term.

The new RCBS bullet feeder looked awfully good at the shotshow, worked flawlessly. Ed

I have not heard anything about this one. Do you have any pics or links? Price?

Edited by irq23

• 2 years later...

The rcbs bullet feeder,the hornady lock and load bullet feeder.these both are reasonablly priced and work pretty good,i havent had any problems,however the mr.bullet feeder is by far the best ive seen,but at 550 plus 30 for shipping and 150 per caliber upgrade,youve got to want the best.I Think Brian Enos may have this mr bullet feeder too.

I've got a Hornady bullet feeder on my LNL AP. Works flawlessly. No micro switch on it is my only complaint but that is easy enough to install.

Mine works well, but it isn't a Mr Bullet feeder. I don't have a micro switch, when I quit hearing the bullets hit the tube I switch it off for a while. My only complaint is it is very noisey. For the money its the best deal in town!

If using with a Dillon you will have to build a raised mount so that gravity can work.