Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where's my stimulus check

SteveZ

Never got mine. It sas supposed to be mailed on June 27 (according to the letter I got from the IRS) but never got the check. Now I have to wait until the end of July before I can even inquire about it...and who knows how long before I'll ever get a replacement.

I got a letter saying I get $300. About two weeks later I get a letter saying I had under estimated my 2007 taxes and was being fined $210. This amount will be deducted from the check I never got. lol You have to love that stuff. I feel real stimulated. :)

Hold on a second. Do you mean to tell me an agency on the federal government is not doing things on time? And do you mean to tell me they don't care? I just can't believe it.

<_<

"Sorry, we can't determine the status of your check."

I have a professor that got gooched and was given the same reply. Sorry bro, and good luck getting your hard earned money back!

Was it direct deposited?

Nope...I should have received one by mail.

I checked the site that Flatland Shooter linked....says it was sent on the 27th of June...and if I don't have it by the 25th of July.....contact us.

I received a check, but it was a month late, based on the schedule. I few days after I received the check, I received the notification that I would be receiving a check. Go figure...

Hope yours shows up soon.

... hard earned money .... ??? :huh: WTF ?

You work hard for your money, and the government takes a hunk of it away as taxes.

When you get a tax refund, you are obtaining a portion of your hard earned money back.

It's a tricky concept for some I suppose :rolleyes:

Waited since the first day it was to be direct deposited (early May), didn't get it. Figured they mailed it instead, waited. Finally figured out it was held up because my wife never changed her name with Social Security after we've been married for 27 years (We've always filed a joint tax return with her married name on it, didn't realize it needed to be changed).

So, she went to the SS office today. Should be fixed now.

Eh, we got ours in the first batch.. both of them direct deposited.. to the tune of $1200 total.. half went to bills and half went to a 36" flat panel tv for the bedroom :) It's nice having a low last 2 of ssn.

I told them they could keep mine. I just don’t feel they get enough. I get to keep what, 65-75% of what I make? Why, that’s more than half. How can I expect them to run this country when they don’t even get half the money I work for…it’s absurd. I’m sure they will spend it wisely.

:angry::angry::angry:

I told them they could keep mine. I just don’t feel they get enough. I get to keep what, 65-75% of what I make? Why, that’s more than half. How can I expect them to run this country when they don’t even get half the money I work for…it’s absurd. I’m sure they will spend it wisely.

:angry::angry::angry:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Mine arrived on time but my EIC (Earned Income Credit) check hasn't arrived yet and that's worrisome.

$200 of the "stimulating" check went for a Photoshop upgrade (which hasn't been installed yet) and the rest will be spent tomorrow for my techhie to come in and scrape up the frakkin' remains of AVG Free (ver.8) and install something more reliable.

I, unlike some of you, oddly DON'T feel very stimulated about all this. <_<

Thanks to the tracking link above, I found out my check was deposited in my bank two months ago! They put it in a "new" account????? No one has access to it, & it is not in our name, it is just sitting there. My wife went to the bank today & found that much out. They said it will take a few days to get straightened out????? What the heck? I would assume they would say "Wow, let us fix that right now!" but obviously I'm wrong. Hopefully they will give us back our $1200 soon. We have a vacation planned in a few months & this is going to help pay for it!

MLM

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket.......?........

Not sure about the handbasket part of the question but we are heading towards Florida with a stop along the way to spend a weekend with my wife's best buddy! Then onto Florida to spend some time with my older brother & family for a few days. Probably 12 days away from home, yahoo! $1200 would help out with costs nicely!

MLM