Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tiger Woods - sick of him!

chp5

OK - yes - he's the greatest golfer of this generation.

I'm just SICK OF HIM!

Watching the parts of the US Open was a like a Tiger infomercial! :angry2:

He is SOOO over covered.

Just a note: DON'T REBUT ON MY THREAD and get it locked. Start you own Tiger love-fest thread <_<

Edited by chp5

I was really rooting for the other guy in sudden death, oh well, another day

please let it be soon! rocco!, rocco! then oh no! rocco! when he hit his first two shots in sudden death. i turned it off. did not want to see the "fist pump" from tiger. since he is the best maybe he could tone down the exuberance a bit.

insider info. when i went to maui where the mercedes challenge was held. people there are always proud of the pga tour there.

when i ask them about tiger. They say he "does not tip" :rolleyes:

according to them generous ones are :Singh and Els

haha gossip

I'm not what it is about the 'media' latching on to someone and just going ga-ga over them. From sports figures to politicians it seem to happen a lot. Ya Tiger is good, but 10 times better than his competitors? He certainly gets 10 times the coverage. Pick a sport, there's a golden boy. Pick politics, there's a golden boy. Kind of reminds me of Jr. High. Misplaced hero worship.

There are only two aspects of Tigerism that piss me off, and neither are really his fault:

1) When he came on the tour, the Powers That Be instantly proclaimed him to be the Greatest of All Time and said start the coronation.... well, I will admit he's great, but HE HAS TO DO THE WINNING FIRST BEFORE WE START THE CORONATION. When he beats Niklaus' records, then we can call him King.

2) Any tournament he is in becomes the Tiger Woods Show, where the network resorts to their Standard Coverage model which is two swings (Tiger and playing partner) followed by eight commercials returning to Tiger;s next swing... repeat ad infinitum. Golf coverage became Tiger and A Bunch of Other Guys Who Don't Matter. that pisses me off when I want to actually watch the other guys play too.

I'm not what it is about the 'media' latching on to someone and just going ga-ga over them. From sports figures to politicians it seem to happen a lot.

But Tiger had double sizzle because he was not only a great player, he was the first really great black golfer... well, sort of black anyway. The media locked onto him like a pit bull on a milk bone.

insider info. when i went to maui where the mercedes challenge was held. people there are always proud of the pga tour there.

when i ask them about tiger. They say he "does not tip" :rolleyes:

I've heard this as well from another source. A filthy rich guy that doesn't tip - bad form and bad karma IMO (assuming it's true).

As a former bartender, people that don't tip should be tarred and feathered.

Edited by chp5

The media coverage is one of the things that really irks me...When someone bladed a shot out of the trap across the green, Miller says that it was a real "clanker"...when Tiger hits it so far right it is in another time zone, all they do is wonder if he has a shot to the green...he hit some real stinker shots which brought no comments from the announcers...just like world news, just report the facts but it is not necessary to impose your own thoughts to the scene just witnessed.

They made way too much of his knee...but no comments about the epic tournament played by Ken Venturi who nearly passed out from heat exhaustion when he won the Open, and little was said of the things Hogan went thru after his car crash just to play golf again much less win three more majors after the fact.

The facts don't lie,he will win more majors than Jack and more tournaments than Snead, but the competition is not the same now...too much $$ kills the desire in the other players, 600k for second is enough for them...Where oh where is the next really hungry player with the talent and desire to offer some real competition...if the equipment were the same there were lots of players who would have derailed the Tiger Train, and I mean guys like Gene Littler, Billy Casper, Cary Middlecoff, Don January and guys like Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Floyd, Trevino, Watson, Miller, Weiskopf, Hogan, Nelson and Snead would have given him enough runnerup finishes to be scratching his head wondering how he could beat those guys...

Just tired of his arrogance and the way the media plays to him.

Rant over (for now).

Just a thought:

Is it Tiger's fault the media covers him the way they do, making people hate him so much?

Hell yes! :sick:

I used to watch golf because it was great for Sunday afternoon naps. Now it's just an irritating Tiger love-fest.

Golf is a favored pastime for retired white collars who loaf on courses to gripe about sundry issues with other old farts while jingling change in the pockets of their stylish golf attire. :rolleyes:

It's a fact that more business deals are sealed on golf courses than in corporate boardrooms.

Golf is another excuse for white collars to brag about owning the most expensive clubs and the latest golf paraphernalia.

Golf is a big money spectator sport, which the politically correct, left-of-center media thrives on, especially when a non-white dominates a traditionally white game.

Golf is an excuse for white collars to visit the bar at their elitist country clubs to soak-up cocktails when they should be taking care of business at home or the office.

I hate golf. Golf is boring. The only good thing about golf is golf balls make good targets. Personally, I prefer disintegrating them with a .243 Winchester. :D

I'm not a golfer, but I do play on occasion. Except for the time element, golf is very similar to shooting. You are using you mental abilities to fine tune your physical actions. If golfers had to race to the finish, I think I'd play more.

I have never played Golf. I have shot golf-balls. A .22 will send them flying, a .223 reips right through, a .308 tears their hearts out.

I almost (Forgive me) signed up to play at a local charity match where not being a golfer, that is being one that has never played was actually encouraged. Then I had a spark of sanity.

I have to agree that a golf course is a deliberate and sensless waste of a perfectly good rifle range, trap field, sporting clays course, USPSA range. Why can't we have a clubhouse and serve drinks and dinner after we are done? Some of us do wear some funny looking shirts to play our game.

What we need is a media made up of people that have done something other than just talking about what others have or have not done. Then maybe it wouldn't be so left of center.

Oh, did I mention, I have NEVER played Gold, or watched it either? Watching Golf has got to be even less exciting than watching Bullseye!

Jim

Golf is a favored pastime for retired white collars who loaf on courses to gripe about sundry issues with other old farts while jingling change in the pockets of their stylish golf attire. :rolleyes:

It's a fact that more business deals are sealed on golf courses than in corporate boardrooms.

Golf is another excuse for white collars to brag about owning the most expensive clubs and the latest golf paraphernalia.

Golf is a big money spectator sport, which the politically correct, left-of-center media thrives on, especially when a non-white dominates a traditionally white game.

Golf is an excuse for white collars to visit the bar at their elitist country clubs to soak-up cocktails when they should be taking care of business at home or the office.

I hate golf. Golf is boring. The only good thing about golf is golf balls make good targets. Personally, I prefer disintegrating them with a .243 Winchester. :D

Remeber that shooting is just like golf.........on steroids. We spend way to much on our guns and all of our support equipment. The difference is we dont get tv coverage else it would be the Rob show, not that it would be bad.

Better yet, get a bucket of old golf balls from a driving range and have a buddy hit them with a pitching wedge and you *try to* shoot them with a shotgun. Gives a new dimension to "fast trap".

Better yet, get a bucket of old golf balls from a driving range and have a buddy hit them with a pitching wedge and you *try to* shoot them with a shotgun. Gives a new dimension to "fast trap".

Make it even more interesting........have the balls incoming! Even my crappy shotgun skills would improve then. :roflol: