Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

I suck

:rolleyes:

Sad.. but true.

Dave told me that I have potential, but I also have a long way to go. <_<

I need more training.

Dave is trying to psych you out. Sounds like he did.

You have to think you can WIN if you're going to have any chance at winning.

Think from the movie Waterboy..."You can do it!"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben - They wouldn't have stuck you on the squad you're on if you sucked.

Shoot your best match...and quit yer bitchin'. :D You're a young shooter and you're already at a level most of us will never reach. Sevigny and Jerry (May His Name Be Praised) Miculek and TGO didn't get to where they are quickly; they had to go through what you're going through. Give it 100% and accept what you get, knowing you'll do better in the future. There are still going to be a bunch of shooters asking, "Who is that SOB who kicked my butt? Never heard of him!" at the end of the match.

Edited by revchuck

We've been watching through Sharyn's streaming webcam. You're doing OK. :)

Don't let them phsyc you out, they know you're there. Sevigny named you as someone to watch out for on the DR TV Blog.

But don't let it go to your head either. Shoot your own game and block out the distractions.

We've been watching through Sharyn's streaming webcam. You're doing OK. :)

Don't let them phsyc you out, they know you're there. Sevigny named you as someone to watch out for on the DR TV Blog.

But don't let it go to your head either. Shoot your own game and block out the distractions.

Ya he did...I think he's scared of you Ben... his way of dealing with it is to get you off your game by getting in your head.

First off, I can guarantee Dave was not trying to psych him out.

Second of all, Ben, stop saying you suck and execute the damn stages. Focus your attention on the match.

+2 to what Jake just stated.

Dave S is NOT someone to play mindgames. It just isn't how he operates. And slamming yourself is a guaranteed way to undermine your performance. How often do you think Michael Phelps told himself that he wasn't the best swimmer in his 8 events?

Jake and Micah are right. Dave Sevigny is a genuine guy. I think he was trying to help not hurt. But the free advice he gave you was worth exactly what you paid for it. And I dont mean that negatively. What I mean is for a small fee I'm sure he would be glad to schedule a one-on-one class with you. You get what you pay for in this world.

And thinking you suck is one thing .... but to write it down in black & white is another level altogether.

To be honest, I am not making stupid mistakes, I am just not good enough to nail the tough shots at this match without having problems.

After some more training, I should be ready to kick ass next year.

Well, with that attitude why not just quit and go home, maybe come back next year?

I suck

:rolleyes:

Sad.. but true.

Dave told me that I have potential, but I also have a long way to go. <_<

I need more training.

Dave is trying to psych you out. Sounds like he did.

You have to think you can WIN if you're going to have any chance at winning.

Think from the movie Waterboy..."You can do it!"

No.. Dave wasn't, and Dave didn't.

I quite simply don't have the skill level required to clean this match at this point. I will have it next year though.

Well, with that attitude why not just quit and go home, maybe come back next year?

Dude... I have a real chance at 3rd right now, and that is a move up from last year.

There are 6 more stages today, the meat of the match. There are 3 real trouble spots, but I should be able to nail down the rest pretty well.

Guys, don't think that I have given up or anything. I am just a little frustrated here with my shooting. I am going to do as best I can for the rest of the match.

Dude... I have a real chance at 3rd right now, and that is a move up from last year.

There are 6 more stages today, the meat of the match. There are 3 real trouble spots, but I should be able to nail down the rest pretty well.

Guys, don't think that I have given up or anything. I am just a little frustrated here with my shooting. I am going to do as best I can for the rest of the match.

Ben,

The frustration you feel is part of the growing pains your shooting skills are taking you. Remember this day - this week - as you will be gaining valuable experience with both your skills and emotions. Perhaps in the future you will be able to draw from this experience to rise up to your next challange, look it in the eye and master it.

You nailed it exactly - "I'm going to do the best I can today" That's all you can do.

As I see it you are your only limitation. You are shooting a great match - GIVE "EM HELL! After today the rest of the shooting world will know who Ben Stoeger is! :cheers:

Good Luck!

Mike

After today the rest of the shooting world will know who Ben Stoeger is! :cheers:

Good Luck!

Mike

+1, someone in Europe already knows who Ben Stoeger is, watched some vids...you're doing great Man!

Just don't get too frustrated...time is on your side!

Good Luck.

Edited by schmitz

Alright folks... here is the deal.

If you want to talk about something that could be considered controversial... DONT.. not on this thread anyway. Take it to PM, or post it someplace else.

In the last six weeks I have had to read about how I should get ATV rides when it is hot out, how I need a better attitude, and how Dave plays head games. If you want to talk smack, PM me.

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, no more bullshit on this thread.

Thank you.

Ben...

so been following your training..and your experiences..

what's your impression of Nationals..the stages, how you shot..how you prepared..what will you work on now to improve..what would you have done differently??

congratulations on your finish..you done good..

Ben...

so been following your training..and your experiences..

what's your impression of Nationals..the stages, how you shot..how you prepared..what will you work on now to improve..what would you have done differently??

The stages were MUCH tougher (shot wise) than last year.

I feel like I prepared very well for the match that I thought we were having. (like last year) I also lost time on loading my gun from empty and setting up on hard shots. Quite honestly... my training worked. My improvement has showed... members of the SS noticed improvement. I really wouldnt do anything differently.. but I would for sure do MORE.

I have taken a lot from this match, and I will be hitting my practice hard again in a few days.

Ben, this is fantastic, some regular guy, can kick ass to some sponsored shooters!!! It is unbelievable and very inspiring to us, regular guys!!! This is a real our dream, you should to work hard to be at the top!!! FANTASTIC, thank YOU!!! You are our WINNER!!!

Congrats on your finish! You may have "sucked", but you still beat Angus, BJ, and a hell of a lot of other top shooters... I sure wouldn't mind being #3 in the nation. I look forward to seeing you continue to train to WIN next year! :cheers: You've certainly inspired at least one person to believe that they can make GM someday... and I think that's certainly something else to be proud of.

Well look at it this way Ben- you finished in the top 5 in your first two Nationals! And you improved your finish by two positions this year. That is pretty awesome no matter how you look at it. Look at all the other top shooters and how long it took them to place as well as you in their first two years.

Great job by the way!! :cheers: