Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First day of livefire in LE firearms class today. That was interesting. I was told that "it isn't a race", right after they told me to go as fast as I can safely. =)

I have had a few requests in the last couple weeks to do classes. Being a people person I have decided to give in to these demands. I need to come up with some sort of structured arrangement for this thing.

Laters,

Ben

First day of livefire in LE firearms class today. That was interesting. I was told that "it isn't a race", right after they told me to go as fast as I can safely. =)

I have had a few requests in the last couple weeks to do classes. Being a people person I have decided to give in to these demands. I need to come up with some sort of structured arrangement for this thing.

Laters,

Ben

Yes! After reading your post about needing more training, I almost suggested that you give classes to fund this. I would certainly be interested... keep us posted. :)

Haha. I want to hear more about what your instructors think of your shooting ability. :roflol:

Seriously. Me too. I've been waiting for you to elaborate on how your first shooting "lesson" went. Give the details.

Haha. I want to hear more about what your instructors think of your shooting ability. :roflol:

Seriously. Me too. I've been waiting for you to elaborate on how your first shooting "lesson" went. Give the details.

Well.. i did learn some stuff.

The isosceles stance has been renamed "the tactical stance" (not kidding)

Tap, Rack, Bang is now called "tap roll rack"

They made NO comment about my shooting ability, positive or negative.

Well.. i did learn some stuff.

The isosceles stance has been renamed "the tactical stance" (not kidding)

Tap, Rack, Bang is now called "tap roll rack"

They made NO comment about my shooting ability, positive or negative.

That's becuase they have never seen anything like you. :) Even a B class shooterwould be freaky to them,but GM talent... ??? They are prob feeling a little emasculated.

Just back in from the WI sectional.

I had a good time at the match. The stages were fun. Not terribly hard, but some stages had lots of options and unique props that mixed things up a bit.

I will post details and video in the next few days.

My first class is coming together. It is looking like october 19th will be the day. I will post more info when it firms up.

WI Sec overalls:

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Puente, Ted TY42094 GM Limited Major N N N N 998.9820 100.00%

2 Budewitz, Jeff A6358 GM Open Major N N N N 973.0001 97.40%

3 Stoeger, Benjamin A54313 GM Production Minor N N N N 940.4240 94.14%

4 Smith, Howard A55421 A Open Major N N N N 875.0606 87.60%

5 Kalishek, Nick FY29443 M Open Major N N N N 852.1267 85.30%

6 Richman, Mark FY25470 M Limited Major N N N N 835.7165 83.66%

7 Geiger, Stephen TY48155 A Open Major N N N N 833.1309 83.40%

8 Thompson, Paul L1849 M Open Major N N N N Senior 818.0119 81.88%

9 Richman, David FY39325 A Limited Major N N N N 789.1438 78.99%

10 Sotelo, Ralph A50444 GM Limited 10 Major N N N N 777.9015 77.87%

That F$*#er Ted.... He had a few mistakes and still crushed me by 60 pts. In honesty I don't think a limited gun gave that huge of an advantage in this match. I only ate about 2 standing loads in the whole thing.. that is maybe 10 pts between both of them.

I have some work to do.

For the record, overalls are fun to look at. They do mean something. If you are in production, try to beat the limited guys. If you are in limited, beat the open guys... etc. The only problem is that the Open guys don't have anyone to try and beat. =)

Thing is... the more I learn the less I think open is s huge add... yes, the recoil and dot help, but in most stages, there are places to reload without losing time... also, classes can be reload intensive.. if you rely on the rounds in an open you will not class well...

JT

Looks to me that the open guys are trying to beat the limited guys and trying real hard not to get their butt handed to them by some production shooter.........minor no less...........and with 10 rd mags on top of that.

Conrats on your Nationals perfomance. It's real nice havin' you in the super squad..........sooo's we can keep an eye on ya.....and catch a few shootin' lessons.

Conrats on your Nationals perfomance. It's real nice havin' you in the super squad..........sooo's we can keep an eye on ya.....and catch a few shootin' lessons.

Hahah.. thanks Tony.

Ok guys.. speaking of lessons.. I posted a new article called "nationals movement review"

I got some footage from Mike Olson (super cool of him) that contained the entire production super squad. I put together a montage of them compared to me going from spot to spot. Very helpful stuff. Check it out, and you can see where I am losing time. Not much.. but .5 seconds here and there adds up pretty quickly.

We worked on "douple taps" at school today... that was pretty fun. I like being able to call my shots when I have a .15 split. =)