Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first shipment of Black Bullets International bullets today.

https://blackbulletsinternational.com/

Has anyone used these things before? I am evaluating these bullets because they possibly might end up sponsoring me. Any opinions on the product?

I used them when they were called Master Blaster, before Mr Drazy bought the equipment. I personally loved them. Amazingly accurate, need less powder to push them (vs jacketed), and they are a whole lot cheaper. One thing I should mention though, What you use for powder is a factor. If you use powders like Titegroup, it gets aweful smokey. I almost exclusively use Solo 1000 In my 40 amd 9mm loads. I think solo 1000 with a 147 grain moly 9mm bullet is about as good as you can get . Good Luck with them.

Video Review of Forum member Homie

I have heard from a few people that are trying the PPC drill I put up on my site. Those of you that have given feedback have been positive. I feel like working on that stuff is a great help to my shooting. Matt Cheely shot PPC for a year before he came over to USPSA, and he got his M card right away. :cheers:

I got my first shipment of Black Bullets International bullets today.

https://blackbulletsinternational.com/

Has anyone used these things before? I am evaluating these bullets because they possibly might end up sponsoring me. Any opinions on the product?

I used them when they were called Master Blaster, before Mr Drazy bought the equipment. I personally loved them. Amazingly accurate, need less powder to push them (vs jacketed), and they are a whole lot cheaper. One thing I should mention though, What you use for powder is a factor. If you use powders like Titegroup, it gets aweful smokey. I almost exclusively use Solo 1000 In my 40 amd 9mm loads. I think solo 1000 with a 147 grain moly 9mm bullet is about as good as you can get . Good Luck with them.

Shit... I already bought 8 lbs of titegroup. =(

• 2 weeks later...

Reloading

Ok my press is up and running. I am using an SDB with titegroup and the Black Bullets International 147 grain coated lead bullet. I am VERY pleased with the results. With no experience or know how, I was able to load something that feels just like the Atlanta Arms stuff. The smoke doesn't bother me any... in fact it is hardly noticeable.

I have loaded and fired about 300 rounds so far. No malfs of any kind. =)

Any updates or further thoughts on the one eye shooting of longer targets?

I have identified a couple issues.

First: The size of the target matters. When I have both eyes open it is easier to line up on a small target, when I close one down I focus better on the front sight, but cant see what I am aiming at as well. (25 yard head shot is a good example) When I am shooting at a larger target (aiming for the center of a full sized IPSC target at 25 yards) one eye closed works well.

Second: I think it is hard to switch back and forth during a stage.. (imagine a 32 round field course where you have lots of long and short shot transitions)

Ideas?

I found from shooting PPC that if I'd close my eye, I seemed to get a better sight picture, but them my eyes would fight themselves and mess with my vision.

In IPSC the only time I'd had to close my eye is with a very skinny port. I get the best hits at every distance with both eyes open.

I am not shure if it's appropiate to post in this topic...but I like to thank Ben for sharing his ideas about IPSC/USPSA...eeuh Practical Shooting.

A blend of Ben's ideas, here on BE and his own site, plus shared knowlegde of one of the Top Shooters in Open in the Netherlands finally helped me to enter A-class Open division in Dutch Competion.

Thank you Ben.

:cheers:

I thought I was stuck for ever in B...but now I know that more is possible. This year I'm third Senior in competition but I believe it's time for a championship next year.

With kind regards.

Henny.

post-3295-1229974736_thumb.jpg

I am not shure if it's appropiate to post in this topic...but I like to thank Ben for sharing his ideas about IPSC/USPSA...eeuh Practical Shooting.

A blend of Ben's ideas, here on BE and his own site, plus shared knowlegde of one of the Top Shooters in Open in the Netherlands finally helped me to enter A-class Open division in Dutch Competion.

Thank you Ben.

:cheers:

I thought I was stuck for ever in B...but now I know that more is possible. This year I'm third Senior in competition but I believe it's time for a championship next year.

With kind regards.

Henny.

Thank you! That means a lot to me. :cheers:

Titegroup is fine if you're shooting outside with moly bullets. Quite common around here.

Our local shooters switch to Solo1000 or Unique if shooting indoors. The slower powder is a bit easier on smoke. But Titegroup is great outdoors, unless you're shooting nearly into the sun (those situations where the light glows through the pasters from behind the targets) ... then the excessively smoky loads can be a disadvantage.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Hello!

I have gotten lots of questions about when I am going to be running classes next year. There were requests for a couple different formats of classes. They are as follows:

2 Day USPSA Skills + Stage Breakdown (The second day consists of shooting a mock match)

This class must be held at Holmen Rod and Gun club.

Currently, the best date for that club is the first weekend of May. The first weekend of April is also possible, but I think May works better for the club. We need to use quite a few bays for this as I will have many stages set up.

The other format people were interested in was the one day USPSA skills class. If we do it at Holmen in April, and day would work, except for Sunday April 26th.

I would really like feedback from interested parties so I can come up with the dates that work for the most people.

Drop me a line at Elbeno007@hotmail.com

If anyone wants to run any other sort of class or run a class at a different venue, feel free to get in touch about that as well. I am open to making anything work.

If anyone wants to run any other sort of class or run a class at a different venue, feel free to get in touch about that as well. I am open to making anything work.

How's about coming down to Milan on one of our match dates and giving a class. I'm sure quite a few people would show up (me included) :cheers:

Or would you prefer a non-match date?

I've got space for 12 stages if you need it.

Frank

Our local shooters switch to Solo1000 or Unique if shooting indoors.

I wanted to link a buddy to some data I'd seen on 147 molys, and thought you mind find the chrono data and smoke comparisions in here kinda interesting:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=Solo+1000

(The jackpot is in post #56)

I plan on replicating this load when I burn through my remaining 147 FMJs, with some blackbullets. I've got about a 2 month supply left. By then, you guys who've already bought 'em can tell me if they suck or not. :D

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

I have spent lots of time doing dryfire and retooling my grip and stance. I am playing around with progrip, I think that is a big help.

I am also working on the idea of pinching my strong hand and gun with my weak hand. I like this visualization for getting a better grip. Hopefully a better grip will lead to better accuracy.

I just got 3gm2 and the World Shoot DVD. I am reviewing them both and picking up some new tidbits.

I have spent lots of time doing dryfire and retooling my grip and stance. I am playing around with progrip, I think that is a big help.

I am also working on the idea of pinching my strong hand and gun with my weak hand. I like this visualization for getting a better grip. Hopefully a better grip will lead to better accuracy.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to the Matt Burkett-style "rolling your weak hand" down technique?