Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

Well tonight I get to dryfire through a haze of tears. I volunteered to get pepper sprayed today and then demonstrate weapon retention drills. This was my second run in with pepper spray. I can't say it was fun, but it does make you feel alive.

Tomorrow I am finishing prep for my class, then sunday is go time. I am looking forward to a fun weekend.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are doing a great job Ben!!! Good to see a dedicated Beretta shooter makin it happen. My open Beretta is almost done (posted some earlier pics in the Beretta 96 Combo thread). I know shooters will be laughing and making fun of me with my "Open Beretta", but you know what, when they see this pistol run and shoot, it will change their mind about Beretta's. I built it up for steel, shooting minor, but going major 9 I don't see a problem, not the way this gun is built...............

>Bob

Well tonight I get to dryfire through a haze of tears. I volunteered to get pepper sprayed today and then demonstrate weapon retention drills. This was my second run in with pepper spray. I can't say it was fun, but it does make you feel alive.

Tomorrow I am finishing prep for my class, then sunday is go time. I am looking forward to a fun weekend.

my class is now over...

Reviews are on this thread right here:

http://mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&am...647&start=0

I actually had fun with the whole thing!? That kind of surprsied me actually. I thought it would be hard work, but it ended up being good times.

I attended Ben's class and all of the positive comments by the peeps at that other forum apply. Personally, Ben really encouraged me to try to get out of my speed comfort zone and push my limits. My belief that movement skills are where I can improve the most was confirmed, I need to practice shooting on the move much more than I have been. It was a good experience and I would definitely take another class with ben. :cheers:

Edited by DarkSmileyX

my class is now over...

Reviews are on this thread right here:

http://mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&am...647&start=0

I actually had fun with the whole thing!? That kind of surprsied me actually. I thought it would be hard work, but it ended up being good times.

I attended Ben's class and all of the positive comments by the peeps at that other forum apply. Personally, Ben really encouraged me to try to get out of my speed comfort zone and push my limits. My belief that movement skills are where I can improve the most was confirmed, I need to practice shooting on the move much more than I have been. It was a good experience and I would definitely take another class with ben. :cheers:

Mark, You went from a 1.4 draw to a 1.01 just by having someone push you to go faster. You are in a really good spot right now, you just need to make the jump to the next level. I really had fun with you in class.

I saw snowflakes today! This means that live fire season is pretty much coming to a close for me this year. The only time I will be able to shoot is during class. :angry2:

On the upside, dryfire is going really well. I am working on hard setups and movement every single day. I am going to come back much stronger next year. I can promise that!

Clicky

Practice has been going well this whole week. I feel like I am breaking through to the next level. I feel I have picked up a bunch on accuracy and setting up on hard targets. I even got my hands on a couple hundred bullseye targets. During the winter I will do my shooting on those, with no holster and no timer.

Interesting comparison of 1 and 2 in Production at the World Match. I did the same for Open Division, the time difference was 3.49 between Eric and KC.

Less than 0.10 difference avg over the 36 stages, but Eric shot 78 more A's and 0 Mikes (!) while KC had 2 . We all hear it over and over again...you've got to shoot points to do well.

Training is going well.

Anyone have any suggestions for stuff I should address on my site? I am getting bored. =)

I would like to hear your perceptions on how competitive shooting would benefit LEO. And how it might hurt them. I would be interested in your point of view on this matter.

pat

Pdoyle... that is a timely question. Maybe this article from Wisconsin over the weekend will shed some light(I have some thoughts I will write up at some point):

MILWAUKEE - The off-duty police officer who shot a man accused of breaking into cars is the brother of a Milwaukee alderman.

An off-duty cop chased a would-be thief to Cheri Fenninger's lawn on the city’s far northwest side.

"I heard someone arguing in the backyard,” Fenninger told TODAY’S TMJ4 reporter Tom Murray. “Somebody stating 'I've got you now' and heard somebody running past through our houses.”

An off-duty officer, identified by sources as Ted Puente, spotted a man breaking into a car in the officer’s own driveway near 121st and Mill at 4:30 Saturday morning. Puente is the younger brother of Milwaukee Alderman Robert Puente.

Police say Puente called for back up, and then grabbed his gun, pepper spray and badge on his way out the door. The foot pursuit lasted several neighborhood blocks and went through several residential backyards.

The chase ended on Carmen Avenue just west of Highway 45. That's where Puente tried to subdue the 22-year-old suspect with the pepper spray, according to an official department release.

Police say the would-be thief resisted and stabbed Puente in the shoulder with a screwdriver. That's when the officer fired his gun.

"I heard like four or five shots going off,” recounted neighbor Harlan Coats. "You don't really hear that around this neighborhood, gunshots that close."

The suspect was in stable condition Saturday at a local hospital, according to police. Paramedics treated the officer on the scene.

Ted Puente, 39, is a 15-year veteran of the department who currently serves in the training division. He will be placed on administrative duty pending the completion of the investigation, standard procedure following any officer-involved shooting.

Alderman Puente could not be reached for comment Saturday night. He retired from the Milwaukee Police Department as a captain after serving 27 years. Puente lives on the northwest side where he has represented the 9th Aldermanic District since 2004.

Pdoyle... that is a timely question. Maybe this article from Wisconsin over the weekend will shed some light(I have some thoughts I will write up at some point):

MILWAUKEE - The off-duty police officer who shot a man accused of breaking into cars is the brother of a Milwaukee alderman.

An off-duty cop chased a would-be thief to Cheri Fenninger's lawn on the city’s far northwest side.

"I heard someone arguing in the backyard,” Fenninger told TODAY’S TMJ4 reporter Tom Murray. “Somebody stating 'I've got you now' and heard somebody running past through our houses.”

An off-duty officer, identified by sources as Ted Puente, spotted a man breaking into a car in the officer’s own driveway near 121st and Mill at 4:30 Saturday morning. Puente is the younger brother of Milwaukee Alderman Robert Puente.

Police say Puente called for back up, and then grabbed his gun, pepper spray and badge on his way out the door. The foot pursuit lasted several neighborhood blocks and went through several residential backyards.

The chase ended on Carmen Avenue just west of Highway 45. That's where Puente tried to subdue the 22-year-old suspect with the pepper spray, according to an official department release.

Police say the would-be thief resisted and stabbed Puente in the shoulder with a screwdriver. That's when the officer fired his gun.

"I heard like four or five shots going off,” recounted neighbor Harlan Coats. "You don't really hear that around this neighborhood, gunshots that close."

The suspect was in stable condition Saturday at a local hospital, according to police. Paramedics treated the officer on the scene.

Ted Puente, 39, is a 15-year veteran of the department who currently serves in the training division. He will be placed on administrative duty pending the completion of the investigation, standard procedure following any officer-involved shooting.

Alderman Puente could not be reached for comment Saturday night. He retired from the Milwaukee Police Department as a captain after serving 27 years. Puente lives on the northwest side where he has represented the 9th Aldermanic District since 2004.

Ted was stabbed in the shoulder and Ted shot him and the guy lived?????

Must have been a couple charlies and a delta in there.

Hope you are OK Ted!!!

Your brother in blue (maroon over here, but close enough...)