Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the match

VIDEO

I shot ok.. nothing great.

I did biff a few reloads pretty hard, and that cost me.

Other than that, working my aggression level has paid off really well. I fell like I am shooting a bit faster, and moving more quickly through the stages, with no loss in accuracy.

Ben,

I really like your approach to training and your will to learn everything on your own. At your level now it may be a good idea to take a one on one class with someone like “The Burner”, Todd J. etc, someone with a lot world class experience and titles. You may find something new that will take you to the next level.

Regards,

Sandro

Ben,

I really like your approach to training and your will to learn everything on your own. At your level now it may be a good idea to take a one on one class with someone like “The Burner”, Todd J. etc, someone with a lot world class experience and titles. You may find something new that will take you to the next level.

Regards,

Sandro

Yeah.. if only I had extra money for that.

Anyway, I had a good training session this morning, and another one at night. Improvement is happening.

I am going to focus on simple accuracy drills now untill after nationals. I want to be at the top of my game points wise when I get there.

On another nationals related note, I am sad to see that I have not been squadded with the guys I requested. Bummer.

Website note: Request from reader Jim is up (sorry that took so long)

Ben,

Regards,

Sandro

Yeah.. if only I had extra money for that.

Anyway, I had a good training session this morning, and another one at night. Improvement is happening.

I am going to focus on simple accuracy drills now untill after nationals. I want to be at the top of my game points wise when I get there.

On another nationals related note, I am sad to see that I have not been squadded with the guys I requested. Bummer.

Website note: Request from reader Jim is up (sorry that took so long)

Thanks Ben....off to read.

You're not excited about being part of the Production Super Squad?

mattk

Not really... I could take it or leave it.

I had a tough practice session today. It just didn't feel like I could hook up on anything. Granted, the drills were not easy, but I really didn't feel like I was doing well. I ended up cutting it short and packing it in early. I didn't see the point in repeating poor shooting.

I am planning lots more shooting before nationals.

Website note:

Video Review of Ronnie Casper is now up.

It is kind of hard to reflect on what has happened in the past year of shooting. (since last nationals)

I have trained as hard as just about anyone, but I haven't been able to put together a rocking performance at a major match all year. (I have only shot 2 majors) At both matches, I ended up having problems. I have hooked up really well at the last 2 locals though. I tend to shoot my first few stages better, then once the pressure eases up, I lay back a little bit and don't care as much. Hopefully the super squad environment will keep the pressure on the whole time, and keep me at the top of my game.

I am looking forward to testing myself at nationals and seeing what happens. After that, I start on training for another year.

Rob and I both put you on our squad request. Rob passed on the invitation to shoot with them. We'll stop by and see how things are going with y'all pretty regular though. I have high hopes for you and Rob this year. Since last year.....Rob has turned into a phenomenal shooter.

See you next week! Just hopefully we won't be swimming again :rolleyes:

Edited by 00bullitt

Rob and I both put you on our squad request. Rob passed on the invitation to shoot with them. We'll stop by and see how things are going with y'all pretty regular though. I have high hopes for you and Rob this year. Since last year.....Rob has turned into a phenomenal shooter.

Hmmm.... I did request to be with you guys as well. I didn't get an invite to be on the SS though, I would have happily turned that down.

My Mother is bummed to not be with you guys again. She thought it was cool having a camera man. =)

Hmmm.... I did request to be with you guys as well. I didn't get an invite to be on the SS though, I would have happily turned that down.

My Mother is bummed to not be with you guys again. She thought it was cool having a camera man. =)

I'd be glad to be camera man again if we were shooting together. Hopefully you'll still get good vids being on the SS. I'm glad Rob turned it down to shoot with us......hes too damn much fun. Our squad is all local guys we shoot with it home. They kept all us Georgia boys together.

Edited by 00bullitt

Just got back from practice... only 3 more sessions and I am on my way.

Really solid shooting today, I was pleased.

I am starting to get psyched up for nationals. There is so much to learn at that event, I can't wait.

Note for loyal reader Bryan:

I did the standards today (not cold) and scored 106

Triple six raw time was 6.74. I had one C, bringing the score to 6.94

Just got back from practice... only 3 more sessions and I am on my way.

Really solid shooting today, I was pleased.

I am starting to get psyched up for nationals. There is so much to learn at that event, I can't wait.

Note for loyal reader Bryan:

I did the standards today (not cold) and scored 106

Triple six raw time was 6.74. I had one C, bringing the score to 6.94

Cold or not, that is a really strong run on those standards.

T6 run is smokin too. I'm running about 1.0 behind you on that one.

Whats all this practicin'. That could be considered cheatin' in some states.....

You're squaded right were you should be........someone has to keep Dave and Bob on they're toes. And I think you're just the guy to do that. The rest of us are just there to set steel and paste targets.

See ya in a few.

Whats all this practicin'. That could be considered cheatin' in some states.....

You're squaded right were you should be........someone has to keep Dave and Bob on they're toes. And I think you're just the guy to do that. The rest of us are just there to set steel and paste targets.

See ya in a few.

Se ya there Tony

Last practice was today.

It has been an up and down week for me. One day I rock at shooting, the next I suck. Very strange.

I feel good about nationals sometimes... others I am not so sure. My heart starts pumping just looking at the stage diagrams though... so that is a good sign.

I will try to keep this blog updated with production super squad gossip as the match goes on.

A real quick article is up on the site.

I suck

So far, I am running 3rd or so on the Super Squad, probobly 100 pts behind Dave right now.

I have 4 penalties so far.

To be honest, I am not making stupid mistakes, I am just not good enough to nail the tough shots at this match without having problems.

On the upside, most of my training on movement skills has worked out pretty well. I am keeping up with Dave and Bob better than I used to.

After some more training, I should be ready to kick ass next year.

I suck

So far, I am running 3rd or so on the Super Squad, probobly 100 pts behind Dave right now.

I have 4 penalties so far.

To be honest, I am not making stupid mistakes, I am just not good enough to nail the tough shots at this match without having problems.

On the upside, most of my training on movement skills has worked out pretty well. I am keeping up with Dave and Bob better than I used to.

After some more training, I should be ready to kick ass next year.

Sheesh... if you suck where does that leave the rest of us.....?