Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how many shoot sigs?

chrisva

Um... I changed the front and rear sights on mine to give me an orange ramp front and changed out the recoil spring to a 13# since I shoot minor. Other than that.. um.. nothing... This was on a sig 229 in 40 S&W.

I tried a P226 in Production, but the loooooong trigger pull was killing me. The thicker grips also gave me fits shooting WHO, and I've got some fair sized paws. I moved over to an SP01 for Production and haven't looked back. Another guyI shoot with in USPSA locally runs one without issue. I guess it's a feel thing.

we got a couple of shooters in the club..

Roger Sherman shoots one..and I think he said his went to Bruce Gray.

another shooter that dabbles with production..has FO sight, action job and short trigger.

I don't shoot production but my X5 Comp in 40 does a real nice job in L10. I sometimes shoot my X5 Tactical in limited minor which can hold 20.

I also have a P250 that I have for CCW but I'm not sure how competative the long pull would be. I plan to try it some day though.

Locally I have seen a couple of 228's and 229s in matches and one 226.

The gun is plenty accurate. Reliable too. Nothing wrong with Sigs. The frames are aluminum alloy (though they do make a steel frame 9mm if it matters to you). Trigger is DA/SA like my CZs - so I think its fine too. Might want to go a little lighter on the stock DA. Add sights. (are there Warrens/Sevignys for the Sig?).

I shoot a 226ST 9MM off and on for fun. Only mods are a Wolff 19 pound mainspring, DAK sear spring, Dawson F/O front sight, a#10 rear sight with the white bar blacked out, and Hogue rubber grip panels . The DA shot is a pain but you only have to deal with it once, hopefully not at a 25 yard plate. The action wears in quite well and cleaning and lubing with moly grease helps.

Right now I am shooting a 229 in 40 with no mods. It is my carry gun and seemed like a good start.

I am going to buy a dedicated competition gun for production class. I have settled on a Sig 226 Elite but do not know whether I will get the stainless or standard. I am thinking the stainless frame might stand a little more abuse in the long run.

Once I get my gun and decide to keep it I will probably send it to Bruce Gray for some action cleanup.

Right now I am shooting a 229 in 40 with no mods. It is my carry gun and seemed like a good start.

I am going to buy a dedicated competition gun for production class. I have settled on a Sig 226 Elite but do not know whether I will get the stainless or standard. I am thinking the stainless frame might stand a little more abuse in the long run.

Once I get my gun and decide to keep it I will probably send it to Bruce Gray for some action cleanup.

+1 on having Bruce (The Other Great One) do some work. I just sent one to him for his blessing.

Be sure to check and see if the Elites are legal in production class...otherwise you'd have to sell it to me real cheap if it wasn't allowed...:-)

226ST 9mm in production, with the Bruce Gray special touch.

The trigger that Bruce does is soooo smooooth! Also, a great short reset. You can't go wrong with Bruce!

I love my Sig - it's more accurate and faster than I can possibly shoot!

Edited by IL-SIG

Since I had a choice of what to carry on duty, I chose a SIG. Others chose Glock, S&W, or Beretta. Fast forward several years........... many officers replaced their guns with either new ones or even different makes after they experienced parts breakage and/or frequent malfunctions. My SIG kept on going without a hitch. It's still going at age 18.

I figured shooting competition with my duty pistol would be to my benefit so I shot my P226 9mm quite a bit. IDPA SSP and USPSA Production were pretty good places to let it shine. When I retired, I switched out of the Trijicons to a DP fiber optic front and MMC rear and kept shooting. The gun has stock springs and never had an action job. Doesn't need it. I don't have a problem with the DA trigger as it's only one shot anyway. And I always try to transition onto a close full target first which speeds things up considerably.

I haven't shot IDPA for about 3 years (silly rules and repetative COF) and really haven't shot Production in 4. I have been shooting L10 and Open a lot. But recently decided to get back into Production. Happened to find a X5 All Around in 9mm so I know what I will be shooting most of the time now. I love my P226 but the All Around is kick ass for Production.

Craig

I shoot a sport stock with a 226 (folded slide) as a backup. Both have Bruce Gray trigger jobs and short resets. The sport stock came with LPA target sights. The 226 has a narrow plain black front. Nill grips.

Like others have said, the first DA shot is more mental hurdle than anything else. Given the growing popularity of the CZs again, it appears more folks are in agreement.

I have shot a 226R PME (otherwise know as a "Poor Mans Equinox" :roflol: )in production a few times. It is bone stock with night sites. I shoot it VERY well. I really like the weight of the gun. I generally shoot limited or L10 most of the time, but when I just want to go out and have fun or don't have time to reload at a match I will use the Sig! I have been thinking about sending it off to Bruce, but havn't gotten around to scrape up the money!

I have an older P226 9mm that shoots great just the way it is. I wrote to Bruce a couple of years ago and decided to hold off on his short reset competition action, big mistake! Due to the awsome work they do, Gray Guns action work has doubled in price since I first wrote. I have a short trigger and 19# spring and put tape around the grips. I don't usually like white painted sights but the bar dot SIG sights seem to work well. I have Comptac belt holster and mag pouches and they work well. Good luck.