Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marine war vet gets big surprise from STI, Dawson and local Clubs

KGentry

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story and the video has given me goose bumps and a knot in my throat. It makes me proud to be a part of USPSA, to have fellow members like this and awesome vendors that continue to give and give to our growing sport. Most importantly, is to have people like this Marine and all the other service members out there that give their all so that we can stay safe at home. I am proud to say "I Love America!!!"

I think I will go have another beer now :cheers:

Wow! What a great response!! Thank you to all who have commented - Now off to correct some spelling errors on the video - General Chang called me with some helpful advice! Don't be a NSF !

This is one of those stories that should be one of many but are too frequently one of a very few. If you know a vet that shoots with you pat him on the back and tell him thanks again as I am sure you already have! Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to shoot with you soon! James will be Space City coming up this month - you can let him know we are behind him in person!

Edited by KGentry

I would like to say that this is a very inspiring story. As a former Soldier who retired last year after 20 years., it is great to see in spite of all of the political drama there are true Americas who appreciate the sacrifice that people like this young Marine pay everyday. It is just as inspiring for these business owners to realize that it is not the profit margin that matters but to be able to do what you can for those who are not as fortunate as you. As we spend our weekends with our families and friends at ranges and matches across this great Nation of ours I would appeal to all of you to hold a moment of silence during your Shooters Meetings to remember that somewhere in the world a Marine, Soldier, Sailor or Airman is putting his life on the line so that we as a FREE nation can truly enjoy the fruits of thier labors. If you agree with this idea then I ask you to make it a part of your local and national routines...It is the least we can do

TO US AND THOSE LIKE US.....DAMN FEW LEFT

AIRBORNE!

Wow! What a great response!! Thank you to all who have commented - Now off to correct some spelling errors on the video - General Chang called me with some helpful advice! Don't be a NSF !

This is one of those stories that should be one of many but are too frequently one of a very few. If you know a vet that shoots with you pat him on the back and tell him thanks again as I am sure you already have! Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to shoot with you soon! James will be Space City coming up this month - you can let him know we are behind him in person!

Kevin, I know I've seen James on some of the videos you've posted. Shooting that is. Maybe you have a link or two handy or could edit one down?

Thanks.

Wow ! The first time I watched the video was at work and I could not hear everything. I finally

watched it at home and now "I" got a lump in my throat.

Quote: "I think you've done enough" !!! That one really hit it !!!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

:cheers::cheers::cheers: to all people involved !!!

What really strikes you about James when you meet him is that he takes what he lost in stride and keeps on going. He is really a tough guy with real resolve but at the same time he would help anyone who asked him. He really wants to improve his shooting and he barking at the M'a and A's that he is going to start beating them anytime now! He is a real competitor and I for one feel safer at night knowing that young men like this are holding 16's at night watching out for our freedom in strange countries!! He is an example of why our enemies will never win!

I also wanted to thank all the people and companies involved that made this presentation happen - Shooter Connection - STI - Dawson - Zero - Dillon - Magnus Bullets - Starline and all the local clubs - people do care!!

I was tipped off on this at the last Bullethole match by Huston - unfortunately, I had a previous commitment and couldn't make it. Huston, you really did this right, man, good on ya! Great group of folks that donated stuff, or made efforts to put the whole thing together. I'm honored to know some of you....

If anyone has it, PM me James' contact info?

Edited by XRe

Some background for the story is that I shot several matches with James and did not know he was disabled. What I did notice is how odd it was for a young man to be so ... "Present' I think that is the rite word for it ...James is totally Present when he is an event or he is all their. He has the skill of Presents. He is polite and pleasant to one step above the men around him, but he fits in with all ages

I watched him shoot the stages in our squad and he would push hard to run with the Club Big Dogs. he had basic gear and try-ed like heck to run the stages as fast as us Open shooters. Seeing how hard he pushed and his skilled at speed I had offered some advice about his balance on moving into and out of position. :blush: James always listened politely and never gave a hint to me that what I suggested was not possible for him. And at the shoot in Feb. after a stage with lost of shooing windows and slots requiring starts and stops. Somebody said that he was doing darn good for only having one leg one eye and one ear. :blink: . I had to ask him and he raised his pant leg to show me. :blink: I felt so tinny and told him I did not know and that some of my advice seamed so silly. James Said he felt like it was a complement that I could not tell he was disabled, Some How James was able to Set me ease so I would not feel stupid. I don't know how he did it Something in his smile, something ... Some How he made me feel Alright.

The next week he came to our steel match and brought his Mother and Father to shoot in the match. He spent most of his time helping his Mom on the stages so that .>She would have a good time = and she did have fun.

Houston LaClair told me about his plan to help James to reach his goal to shoot Open class.

"That day " is what inspired me to start the Thread about 'Shooting With Hero's'