Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open Gun

lneel

Ok, this was a first for me...I had a full blown custom Open Gun built and did it 99% via email. I contacted Gary after running across his website GANS GUNS while looking for slide cut ideas. Anyway, after poking around for while I decided to send him an email to see what he would suggest. After 5-6 emails, I decided to go for it. With Gary, you can provide anything from just the frame to all the parts you want. I chose the latter sending him everything except the barrel and comp. I will have to say this transaction was the smoothest custom gun deal I have done. I sent him all the parts FedEX Next Day and received a complete gun back in 3 weeks! As you can see it was not just a fit the slide and barrel and send it off deal.

ln111.jpg

ln88.jpg

lnports.jpg

I told Gary I wanted a lighter and quicker handling gun than a TruBor. We decided on a clasic barrel with a coned comp of his design. It is a KKM 1-32 twist .38 Super. The slide has been lightened to 10.2 oz with the slide racker installed. All accessories are Ed Brown with an Allchin mount with a C-More on top. I have only put 350 rounds through it but as far as I can tell it is exactly what I wanted. Slide/Frame fit is as good as any of my SV's. The trigger is a real crisp 2 lbs. This was top notch job and I highly recommend Gary as his work is outstanding and he listens to what you want and builds to suit.

As a side benefit he sent me an email every day or two with pictures of the progress on the build. Nice touch.

so now you're over there, makin' all that money, and nothing to spend it on.....thread drift, but....gotta 20" Sabre stainless ar barrel like the one you have(kinda)...it rocks, 77's hit 375yd plates in the wind all day.....was gonna email you, so here it is....hope all's well....dave

Whoa, you found a smith that responds to email, listens to what the customer wants, and has a fast turnaround? :surprise: We have a winner. Good to know. Great looking blaster. Kewl kuts :cheers:

So after all that BS I heard out of you and Nick during that class 2 years ago about shooting Open, and how Open guns are wimpy and all that.... <_<:lol:

Welcome to the dark side ;) When does Nick get his??? :cheers:

With those cool slide cuts I'd call that a Battlestar Galactica gun! Only thing I'd do to it would be to tweak the grip with a double undercut and some texturing....from the looks of the trigger you don't need a smaller grip!

I got to play with this gun a little this past Sunday. Very light and easy to move around. It's substantially lighter than my Open blaster..... and cool looking too!! I prefer the heavier gun, but if I was wanting one lighter, I'd certainly say these are definitely worth considering. :) Lee had that Cheshire cat grin going the whole day.

-Mike

So after all that BS I heard out of you and Nick during that class 2 years ago about shooting Open, and how Open guns are wimpy and all that.... <_<:lol:

Welcome to the dark side ;) When does Nick get his??? :cheers:

When he makes master in IDPA AND passes all his classes...while I have the $$$$ set aside, the latter is his biggest current problem.

That is the ugliest blanket I've ever seen in my life! :goof:

What blanket??? All I see is one SWEET blaster! :lol::lol::lol: