Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hit Factor Is Constant

shred

.16 splits at 25 yards -- all C's or better?

At 10 yards maybe, but at 25? Even with an open gun!

Those aren't splits you will see on my timer.

That was my point exactly. I see a lot of people double tapping (as fast as they can) targets out to 25 yards because they think the time they save on a double tap will make up for the awful hits.

Last night I was experiemnting with this again and shooting @10 yards got way to many M's going mach 10 with my balls on fire. Slowing down just enough to get mostly all A's on 6 targets cost me a whopping .3 seconds on 6 targets (2 shots on each) That was an extra .025 per shot. Trying to find the balance between speed and accuracy is not to easy for me, so I am focusing on using vision to determine both.

• 7 years later...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106595&view=findpost&p=1212726

"During the parents class at the MGM/AMU Junior clinic Rob Leatham told us that at a long distance, even if he took all the time in the world, he might not be able to guarantee an A, but he could pretty quickly guarantee a C. The point being that at distance you don't have to take too much time to get an A and can accept a C.

At short distances, he said you pretty much *have* to get As, so don't rush those too much and accept Cs up close."

Edited by rvb

something I posted on this topic on another forum...

our score is total points over total time. So if for a given stage you are to earn 90% of the points [for example], where should you earn them? The easy targets... Far too often I see shooters [sometimes myself included] go too fast on the easy stuff just because it's easy and only get a fraction of the points, then slow way down and go 2A on more difficult stuff at the expense of adding several seconds to their time.

The point I was going for is that on easy targets where it's SO tempting to hose and burn down the time, it's actually more important to get those hits 100% so that you can accept Cs [or even Ds?] on more difficult shots without wasting a ton of time.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

This stuff makes my newbie head hurt. :surprise:

Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. Thinking obscures being. :ph34r:

- Alex

This stuff makes my newbie head hurt. :surprise:

What really hurts is dropping easy points.

Here is the short version. On those close hoser targets that you might feel like being sloppy on to go fast and look cool...don't. Those are the easy points. Collect them.

They score the same amount of points as targets that are 35y away.

A call those Alphas "ducks". As in, "like shooting ducks in a barrel".

• 4 years later...