Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited M & GM Powder of choice?

JoshF

If you are a Master or GrandMaster in Limited aka the Bigboys* please let us know what your powder of choice is in Limited. I know it's the Indian not the Arrow but I'm just trying to see how far my personal choice is off the curve (and I'm settling a bet :lol: )

*Disclaimer - by Bigboys I do not mean A and below are "little boys" or are in any way difficient in shooting abilities. Hell I myself am only a lowly "B" shooter so you can make fun of me if you want :devil:

**Disclaimer to Disclaimer - By Bigboys I in no way meant that all Ms and GMs are large, pudgy or generaly big guys.. :goof:

If I have sinned and left a powder choice out please let me know!

Edited by KSmoker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried 320 and really like it but the availability and cost just don't make it seem like enough of an advantage. However if Hodgdon starts to deal it here in the U.S. maybe both factors could be improved...

I've been using TiteGroup...but I might start playing with Clays again. I was able to create a major PF load last year using 180gr MasterBlaster bullets....but it was just before Area 1 and I didn't want to run something untested. During preliminary test...it seemed like a softer load....however I think I like the snappier recoil of TiteGroup better.

I am no where even close to M or GM but:

N320 is probably the best powder on that list. It is pelletized and very clear to see how much you have in the case when reloading, and very easy to clean out the powder measurer when done reloading.

I switched to Titegroup because of the price hike of N320. It is a very good powder for .40 but has more of a kick and also is shavings instead of pellets. My experience has been that the N320 had a consistant burn rate and doesn't have the Spikes like TG has but for $15 a can for TG instead of $32 for N320. I will stick with TG until i become rich.

Ok, added Winchester Super Field and Ramshot....

As for the bet, it's not looking good for me.. I may have to pay some people off to win this one!

Oh, for those of us below Master, click "Null Vote" and you can see the results without diluting the results :lol:

Edited by KSmoker

If you are a Master or GrandMaster in Limited aka the Bigboys* please let us know what your powder of choice is in Limited. I know it's the Indian not the Arrow but I'm just trying to see how far my personal choice is off the curve (and I'm settling a bet :lol: )

*Disclaimer - by Bigboys I do not mean A and below are "little boys" or are in any way difficient in shooting abilities. Hell I myself am only a lowly "B" shooter so you can make fun of me if you want :devil:

**Disclaimer to Disclaimer - By Bigboys I in no way meant that all Ms and GMs are large, pudgy or generaly big guys.. :goof:

If I have sinned and left a powder choice out please let me know!

That is without a doubt, the greatest effort I have ever seen toward political correctness in a disclaimer. :bow:

I hope I didn't offend any big boys or little boys, and oh yeah, forgive my sins.

That about covers all the bases. :lol:

I was so impressed, I forgot the question. :huh:

Edited by 38superman

Yes, a virtual plethora of disclaimers. ;) No need to ruffle anymore feathers then neccesary, besides that is how I came into this bet thing in the first place!

With my keen disclaimer abilities and skills at misdirection maybe I have a future in politics?? :ph34r:

That is without a doubt, the greatest effort I have ever seen toward political correctness in a disclaimer. :bow:
Edited by KSmoker

Is this like the thread Flexmoney started a while ago that said "Please do not reply to this thread" and people just couldn't help themselves ??? :blink:

All you parents out there know that when you tell your kids NOT to do something ...... they usually will anyways.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Josh,

I'm not an M or GM yet either. In fact, I even let you beat me last weekend. But, I'm posting anyway and you can't stop me. :ph34r:

I'm using E3 now with 180 jacketed. It makes major here just fine. We'll see where I end up in TX.

Chris

A "B" shooter contaminating the results!!!

Good thing you voted E3! That way you don't skew any of the important counts :ph34r:

P.S. Thanks for letting me beat you! Don't let this become a monthly thing now....:devil:

I'm not an M or GM yet either. In fact, I even let you beat me last weekend. But, I'm posting anyway and you can't stop me. :ph34r:
Edited by KSmoker

WTF...?

You think the M or GM has the secret handshake or the magic bullet? <_<

You think they jump into their pants both legs at one time.

You think their stuff don't stink.

You think Yada yada yada...blah blah blah... :D

No soup for you.

WTF...?

You think the M or GM has the secret handshake or the magic bullet? <_<

You think they jump into their pants both legs at one time.

You think their stuff don't stink.

You think Yada yada yada...blah blah blah... :D

No soup for you.

Not only that, but the better the shooter, the less equipment and ammo are going to make a difference in how they place.

I guess some would say I am one of the "Bigdogs". I usually make the Top 16 in Limited and Production and SS. I do have a M card.....alas but no GM card yet. Someday someone will fix that for me I'm sure.

I voted for N320. Thats what I use in my 40 and 9. I have used it in 45 with excellent results............but I like Clays for 45 the best. I have used and liked WST and Clays in the 40, but I haven't found anything I like better thatn N320. I haven't tried N310 yet, but i will eventually. I tried N340...very accurate and consistant..........and very LOUD at major velocitys.....but not what I would recommend as a good chose for Limited.

I tried TG and the stuff is filthy sooty smokey cheap powder. With lead it's even worse. And minor with lead is just plain gross. You can have it.

YMMV