Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD or Glock

vmiguy2011

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot both, pick which one feels better for you. Practice a lot with it. It's tough to ask people opinion, it's a lot of the Ford. Vs. Chevy Vs. Dodge thing...... get what works for you. :)

And the answer is DODGE of course, HEMI power. ;) ;)

-Mike

Glock

+1

I just see my friends XD in the shop too much for me to even consider buying one. I am considering a SP-01, or an M&P to try for a while, but my glock just runs no matter what I do to it. the other benefit to glocks is the availability of after market accessories and parts, and the finish is hard as nails. Aside from TGO, and the help of SPringers custom shop, who wins all the time w their XD? :ph34r:

Not saying its a bad gun, but I have read a lot of posts w discerning issues that are similar to my friend's.

Which ever one fits your hand better when you establish a GOOD grip.

Glock trigger guards dig into my fingers, XD's don't fit some hands.

I've seen several XD's that have spewed 20,000 + rounds that have never had a problem.

You'll find examples of any gun that has had problems, more times than not, it's the guy behind it.

Edited by Hoofy

I have two XD-9's with over 25K rounds combined. To date, I've had one cracked block on the one which Springfield fixed totally at their cost. They have a life time warranty on their guns and pay shipping both ways. That brings a lot of peace of mind to me.

One problem in 25K rounds isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned. The ergonomics are much better for me than the Glock but that is a personal issue.

You might also consider the M&P. All three pistols are very good IMHO. I recommend you let your personal preference drive your decision. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Springfield does do a good job with service, but I became way to familiar with the process and how they worked, and on three different guns one four inch and two five inches all in .40.

Whichever one fits your hand better. Don't overlook the Smith M&P. I think it feels the best of the bunch....that's coming from someone with a stack of Glocks. If I shot Production I'd get an M&P in a hurry. R,

I bought a 34 about a month ago and shot my first match last Sunday. I found several things I need to improve, but my equipment isn't one of them. If I was starting out new to handguns, I would look at the XD and M&P, but unless I saw a big difference I would go with the Glock. Don't rule out the Glock 17 until you take a look at it either. That was my 34's toughest competitor when I was in the market for a new gun. In the end, as Flex says "Pick one and practice."

All three are excellent pistols. I own 3 XD's and love them all. All have at least 10k through them with no problems.

It's what feels the best in your hands, the angle of the Glock is extreamlly canted forward compared to the others

and that does not work for alot of people. Going from a 1911 2011 to a glock makes you shoot high but I know plenty

of people that are not bothered by the switch once they dail in both guns. The Glock has the most available accesories

and the cheapest components (mags.etc..).

See if you can shoot all three (XD,Glock,M&P) and see which one you like !!

Glock

+1

I just see my friends XD in the shop too much for me to even consider buying one. I am considering a SP-01, or an M&P to try for a while, but my glock just runs no matter what I do to it. the other benefit to glocks is the availability of after market accessories and parts, and the finish is hard as nails. Aside from TGO, and the help of SPringers custom shop, who wins all the time w their XD? :ph34r:

Not saying its a bad gun, but I have read a lot of posts w discerning issues that are similar to my friend's.

David O. beat Dave with one at the IDPA Nats, which is no small feat.

What problems are you seeing specifically? We do lots of them and they have been real reliable.

Buy the Glock and you are commited to a proprietary grip angle, the only one like it. That being said it will likely work so long as you don't monkey around with it.

The XD'x surged and then have faded out a little. I think the M&P has done what they did, and better.

The M&P really does seem to be a better glock. Check one out before you buy.

I am bias to the XD, owning 4 of them. I have over 15,000rds through my XD-40 Tactical used for Limited-10 and only two problems. Mine was an older model that had the lock-block crack problem. The newer XD-40's have a modified locking block that eliminates this problem. Springfield fixed my cracked locking block free of charge including shipping both ways and did the work in eight days door to door. My other problem was a broke trigger bar spring (in the middle of the Easter Lakes Sectional match two years ago) and they sent me the new spring free of charge two days after I called them about the broken part.

That said the XD, Glock and M&P too are all good guns. Go to your local range rent all three and pick the one that feels best in the hand and you shoot best.

mcb

I am an active competitor with the XD and I like it a lot. However...

If S&W had the M&P out in a 5 in gun I would have purchase that instead. The M&P is a superior handgun IMHO. I have one now and I will start gathering the equipment to shoot it in production soon.

I think the 5in M&P is where it's at for Production now.

Where's Flex on this post? I know what he would say, "Pick one and practice." :cheers:

Pick one and practice...that sure seems like sound advice. :cheers:

I do believe that one is a bit more reliable than the others...as long as people don't "fix it" too much.

"If it feels good, Do It!"

If you have to opportunity to shoot them all.

Do it. Whichever feels best in your hand, allows you the best grip position, and points most natrually is your gun.

Don't know what shooters are like in your area, but here if someone told a few guys, "I'm looking to buy a production gun and I'd like to try a few different models." They'd receive many offers from fellow shooter to test drive their guns.