Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD or Glock

vmiguy2011

I bought an XD tactical in 9mm and sent it to Canyon Creek Customs for a 3 lb trigger job, sights, and a tungsten guide rod. Their trigger job dramatically reduces pretravel and overtravel, creating a nearly 1911-like trigger in a gun with the same grip angle as a 1911/2011 pistol. I've felt a lot of raced-up Glock triggers, but I've never felt a production legal trigger that was on par with what Canyon Creek can do with an XD. I also prefer the XD because I have a 2011, so the grip angles are the same between my race guns, resulting in a smoother switch between one or the other.

While you can't argue with Glock's reliability or availability of spare parts, I prefer the Springfield XD for my USPSA production gun.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as cost of the gun is concerned, shouldn't one worry more about the cost/Caliber of ammo since gun cost is minor over the long run than ammo cost?

If that was the case we would all be shooting water guns... :roflol:

I bought an XD tactical in 9mm and sent it to Canyon Creek Customs for a 3 lb trigger job, sights, and a tungsten guide rod. Their trigger job dramatically reduces pretravel and overtravel, creating a nearly 1911-like trigger in a gun with the same grip angle as a 1911/2011 pistol. I've felt a lot of raced-up Glock triggers, but I've never felt a production legal trigger that was on par with what Canyon Creek can do with an XD. I also prefer the XD because I have a 2011, so the grip angles are the same between my race guns, resulting in a smoother switch between one or the other.

While you can't argue with Glock's reliability or availability of spare parts, I prefer the Springfield XD for my USPSA production gun.

i have the same set up and i totally agree

As far as cost of the gun is concerned, shouldn't one worry more about the cost/Caliber of ammo since gun cost is minor over the long run than ammo cost?

If that was the case we would all be shooting water guns... :roflol:

Even water cost more nowadays :cheers:

I own a G34 and have shot the XD, prefer my Glock but an XD is a nice firearm. It's nice that the XD comes with a steel guide rod. One thing nice about the Glocks too is you can get all kinds of aftermarket parts.