Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Discovering Iron Maiden 20 years too late.

mpolans

Dude ? Dude ? I'm not that old but Number of the Beast was the first

guitar riff I ever learned. Thats the original guitar harmonizing band!!

That, Ironman, and smoke on the water!! :lol:

I'm starting to feel old as I see all these kids with Iron Maiden T-shirts

everywhere and just shake my head...

Great discovery !! :cheers::cheers:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Downloaded "Number of the Beast" and "Run to the Hills" and discovered they're really good. Gonna have to buy some CDs.

Like classic metal? Drop back another 18 years and listen to Black Sabbath "Paranoid". Yup, that's the same Ozzie!

Welcome to the flashback :cheers:

I love it all

Sabbath

Zepplin

Maiden

Floyd

Skynard

Waylon

Merle

Cash

Bellomy's

Allman's

Nellie

Fergie

Finger 11

The only one I just can't stand is "instrumental rap" (jazz) :sick::D

DonT

Congrats for discovering one of the greatest bands of all time!!Now you need to go and find yourself their box set, Belly Of The Beast.Pretty much all your essential Maiden in one spot,and a lot of the history on them.-Mike

Maiden is awesome! They're out on tour right now. Not quite the same as the arena days. The power slave tour was kick ass. Wow...that was like 20 years ago. I feel old now... :rolleyes:

I saw 'em on that tour at the Long Beach Arena with Twisted Sister. I can still remember how great the show was. I'm stuck in a time warp and still listen to all that stuff--Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeath. Good stuff. Wanna get pumped for a match, put in some Metallica on the way to the range!

Aaah the 'ol metal bands! I miss 'em. What I liked about Iron Maiden was the storyline type lyrics..there is some actual content in there! ;) This was one of my all time favs growing up- Eddie rocks! :) And I can't believe that there are people just discovering Metallica! :lol:

If you all go shopping, don't forget to use the USPSA link to Amazon...

Amazon Associates Program Benefits USPSA

At No Cost to MEMBERS

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect.../home/home.html

The Amazon affiliation program pays USPSA a commission on all purchases made by following the Amazon link on this page, or the Amazon link on the USPSA members page. The commission to USPSA is generally 5%, and you pay the same price as you would if you visited Amazon.com directly. There is no additional cost to you for helping USPSA. This is about as close to a free lunch as it gets - USPSA benefits from your Amazon purchases, and you don't spend a penny more on your purchase.

Please remember the USPSA Amazon affiliate program when ordering on-line from Amazon.com.

It's never "too late" to discover (or RE-discover) anything that's good to being with! I re-discover AC/DC every once in a while to remind myself of what it was once all about. Mmmm...... :D

Not to mention Led Zeppelin.......

Metallica , Led Zeppelin , AC/DC , Iron Maiden , Black Sabbath , I love'em all .

After listening to my MP3 Player my daughter started referring to me as a 50 footer , as in , I look normal from 50 feet away .... LOL

Downloaded "Number of the Beast" and "Run to the Hills" and discovered they're really good. Gonna have to buy some CDs.

Pick up Edward the Great for a one-disc overview. It has Fear of Dark live at some festival in Brazil, which is just fantastic (like all of their live stuff.)

Die With Your Boots On and Aces High are two of my favorites.

Slayer +100 :cheers: (also skolnick era) Testament and Death (before chuck fired the entire band) :cheers::cheers: best early 80's and 90's bands for me

You've got to have some kind of guitar background!! Alex Skolnik and Andy Laroque were badass and put out some great stuff!! I heard that Alex has hooked up with testament again and they will be releasing a new album sometime this year. Ironic that James Murphey worked with both Testament and Death.....................................Coincidence that both of those records were AWESOME, I think not!!

Edited by Clint U66

Thos thread got me to thinking...and looking...and listening... to all of the above on 12" vinyl. B) Yep, I still have all of it. I use to love all of the cover art, especially all of maiden's cover. Thanks for helping me to spend an afternoon smiling at memories.