Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Car Blues

Gary Stevens

Well trying to do my part to stimulate the economy and help the "Blue Oval" out of the red, I took the plunge for a new car. I ordered a 2008 Bullitt Mustang. Order confirmation received at the dealer on 12-19-07. Now I know they shut down for Christmas, and that is fine. I checked on the car today and got the good news/bad news. It is scheduled to come off the assembly line this week (good news), but expect another 4-6 weeks before it arrives at the dealer (bad news). WTF :surprise:

I think I could push the car from Michigan to Kentucky in 4-6 weeks. Well maybe not, but I'm willing to try if needed :angry2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well trying to do my part to stimulate the economy and help the "Blue Oval" out of the red, I took the plunge for a new car. I ordered a 2008 Bullitt Mustang. Order confirmation received at the dealer on 12-19-07. Now I know they shut down for Christmas, and that is fine. I checked on the car today and got the good news/bad news. It is scheduled to come off the assembly line this week (good news), but expect another 4-6 weeks before it arrives at the dealer (bad news). WTF :surprise:

I think I could push the car from Michigan to Kentucky in 4-6 weeks. Well maybe not, but I'm willing to try if needed :angry2:

Gary if fords delivery numbers are like GM I think you will have it in 1-2 weeks from assembly line release.

Bring it to the SSC, I'd like to check one out. I'm trying to justify buying a Shelby GT500 KR, everyone is looking to get good gas mileage and be green. I want a big block with a supercharger.

Hope you get it soon.

Rich

Bring it to the SSC, I'd like to check one out. I'm trying to justify buying a Shelby GT500 KR, everyone is looking to get good gas mileage and be green. I want a big block with a supercharger.

Hope you get it soon.

Rich

Key word is "justify". Of course you can't do it, just like nobody can justify spending $3500 on a freakin' handgun, unless your life depends on it or you make your living from it. I often remind myself that as I look in the safe and see 20K worth of guns I have aquired over the years and talk myself into "needing" a new gun. BUT, WTH if you can afford it, go for it. When faced with such a dilemma I remember you cant take it with you so I'll be d***** if I die rich.

Edited by xdrocker

The only difference is my car and the video car is mine will be black. They are making it in two colors green and black because those were the colors of the two cars in the chase. I am getting mine in black. I figure everyone else will buy green and therefore I will buy black. Besides I like black vehicles.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens