Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

While must preface my reply with the clear certainty that I am only a small and insignificant player in the grand game that is the Single Stack Elitist Snob Club I will answer the charge leveled against our fellow club member with this statement.....

To see a fellow member who, for whatever reason, has felt the urge to fondle or possess an instrument of shooting pleasure such as one who has the round whirling cylinder of the ancient times gone by..... I, for one, albeit perhaps with a twinge of sadness, look upon this with a slight smile and a gentle understanding. We should never leap to a harsh judgment of one such as our dear Brother 1212. Who can tell what circumstance of personal tragedies may have created this breach in our brothers behavior. I think, as Citizens of The World, Men and Women of honor, character and wisdom we should, while still maintain our keen sense of direction in our great organization, look upon this as when we see that smiling simple cousin who as a child, fell from the porch and landed upon his head.

Let us not be he has cast the first stone but realize with clear certainty, that for anyone of us, “there, but by the grace of our Lord, go I.”

That's some purty writin'

You are on fire today!

Dave

:closedeyes:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BURN THE HERETIC !!!!!!

You old guys are getting soft.... <_<

Now, I would require proof of use in competition or out right blasphemy of our sacred 1911 as ownership of inferior weaponry shouldn't be grounds for dismissal.

I would like to a slightly harsher reaction and wording from our leadership that filtering with indiscretions such as these is a dangerous path to walk for our membership and those that flirt with darkness, of any deviation from the one true divine pistol, will be watch and followed carefully.

Further regression for the sake of history and antiquity has to have a limit. If we are not careful with these cylindrical firearms, we might find our fair sport with divisions for bow and arrows, slingshots, and even rocks.

The Good Doctor was merely putting some light on possible dissonance to the fraternal order of JMB purist, and his efforts to guide fellow member back into the light that should not have been met with such hostility. Saving a brother from the grasp of darkness, even if by being a little snitch, is an honorable action.

embership and those that flirt with darkness, of any deviation from the one true divine pistol, will be watch and followed carefully.

Further regression for the sake of history and antiquity has to have a limit. If we are not careful with these cylindrical firearms, we might find our fair sport with divisions for bow and arrows...

DON'T ever disrespect bow and arrows!!!! :angry2:

embership and those that flirt with darkness, of any deviation from the one true divine pistol, will be watch and followed carefully.

Further regression for the sake of history and antiquity has to have a limit. If we are not careful with these cylindrical firearms, we might find our fair sport with divisions for bow and arrows...

Or what? You will whip out Ye Old Catapult ? Or maced club and flog me?

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Uncle Ted and I can relate to the spirit of the wild when is come to hunting game with a bow. If you got the notion of disrespect from my post.. I don't know what to tell you.

But of all people to remind, I am a little socked, this is not the " 1911 Single Stack/Bow and Arrow/Revolver/ Elitist Club.. :angry2:

This is why dictatorships will always fail.. The people will revolt and not stand for oppression! VIVA LA REVOLUTION !! I will lead the charge for rebellion if our leaders will not uphold the spirit of this once fine club and install a proper democracy to secure our snobbish ways for generations to come. True patriots of JMB will not allow a spineless oligarchy to turn this into the "Anything goes elitist club"

As co-chair for Doctrine let me say that the 1911 Single Stack Elitist Club members are the Elite. As such a member should be familiar with and more than competent in the handling of any weapon. That we recognize the superiority of and choose generally to prefer to carry and compete with the 1911 in no way suggests members should be in denial of the existence of lesser platforms. Nor should a false sense of 'purity' prevent a member from being able to demonstrate superior prowess with any firearm, no matter its historical period, material of manufacture or current state of fashion.

Indeed, it is our very superiority, as people and as marksmen proficient in the use of our preferred sidearm, which allows us the security and confidence to be the most tolerant and benevolent.

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth, Amen.

Superiority

Show me yours....

I highlighted the HF in red just so you could figure it out.....

Stage 5 Swinging Steel

1 Corey Estill 18 B Single Stack 98 10 10.81 8.1406 120.0000 100.00%

2 Curtis Hensley 42 U Single Stack 110 0 33.53 3.2806 48.3591 40.30%

3 Darren Steed 28 U Single Stack 80 20 49.99 1.2002 17.6921 14.74%

Stage 5 Swinging Steel

1 Mike Foley 23 M Limited 88 0 12.09 7.2787 120.0000 100.00%

2 Barry West 22 M Limited 99 0 13.71 7.2210 119.0487 99.21%

3 Kevin Carroll 17 M Limited 103 10 13.53 6.8736 113.3213 94.43%

4 Greg Brown 19 B Limited 110 0 16.17 6.8027 112.1524 93.46%

5 Anthony Jones 31 C Limited 94 0 14.82 6.3428 104.5703 87.14%

6 David Callahan 39 B Limited 100 0 19.74 5.0659 83.5188 69.60%

7 Joe Bailey 1 C Limited 107 0 21.48 4.9814 82.1257 68.44%

8 Chris Hoffner 20 C Limited 85 10 17.32 4.3303 71.3913 59.49%

9 Ray Zillick 40 B Limited 107 0 35.52 3.0124 49.6638 41.39%

Edited by steel1212

Superiority

Show me yours....

I highlighted the HF in red just so you could figure it out.....

Stage 5 Swinging Steel

1 Corey Estill 18 B Single Stack 98 10 10.81 8.1406 120.0000 100.00%

2 Curtis Hensley 42 U Single Stack 110 0 33.53 3.2806 48.3591 40.30%

3 Darren Steed 28 U Single Stack 80 20 49.99 1.2002 17.6921 14.74%

Stage 5 Swinging Steel

1 Mike Foley 23 M Limited 88 0 12.09 7.2787 120.0000 100.00%

2 Barry West 22 M Limited 99 0 13.71 7.2210 119.0487 99.21%

3 Kevin Carroll 17 M Limited 103 10 13.53 6.8736 113.3213 94.43%

:)

You won't be hanging out in B Class very long if you keep beating M Class shooters like that.

Well Done!

:cheers:

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Uncle Ted and I can relate to the spirit of the wild when is come to hunting game with a bow. If you got the notion of disrespect from my post.. I don't know what to tell you.

But of all people to remind, I am a little socked, this is not the " 1911 Single Stack/Bow and Arrow/Revolver/ Elitist Club.. :angry2:

This is why dictatorships will always fail.. The people will revolt and not stand for oppression! VIVA LA REVOLUTION !! I will lead the charge for rebellion if our leaders will not uphold the spirit of this once fine club and install a proper democracy to secure our snobbish ways for generations to come. True patriots of JMB will not allow a spineless oligarchy to turn this into the "Anything goes elitist club"

Tell you what there, Sport... Go ahead and post your pictures of the African lion and Cape Buffalo youv'e taken with your SS and Z will post the pics of those and others he has taken with his puny little bow and arrow... :lol:

:)

You won't be hanging out in B Class very long if you keep beating M Class shooters like that.

Well Done!

:cheers:

I should be A or close to it with the next update. This isn't he first stage win I've had over Master Limited shooters either.

I must say this does show the true and proper spirit of the membership.... You are to be commended. :cheers:

I'd be careful of annoying the Membership Chairman. Bow and Arrow :closedeyes: