Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

I didn't point it out so you couldn't shoot it I was just curious and didn't want you to get tagged into open because of it. I would say the way the rules are wrote that it would be a no no.

Hey, no harm, fellow SNOB! After watching a good friend get bumped into open at last year's nats over a tiny piece of grip tape, I'm rather sensitive to the whole getting bumped into open thing....

;)

I doubt I would shoot this at a "major" match as I think shooting minor is going to be too much a burden... however, I would be interested in hearing the Grand Snob's ruling. :bow:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The issue we (I) was trying to address with the lightening wording was dealing with the slide. I was trying to maintain a "perception" of this not being just another race division.

The holes drilled in the frame are plainly from a scope mount. It is not uncommon to find older single stacks that have been brought back to life from the back shelf of the gun safe because of the single stack division.

IMO, this is nothing of any concern, and any MD or RM should simply ignore them. Of course the final authority is the DNROI who would have the final say.

Gary

I was planning on shooting this puppy at the Pro Am - it shoots so soft its like you're cheating. ;)

From the Pro-Am rules:

EQUIPMENT

- Any pistol legal in USPSA Limited/L10/Production/Single Stack or IDPA SSP/ESP/CDP

- Minimum caliber 9x19

- Maximum of 10 rounds loaded in any magazine AFTER THE START SIGNAL.

- Any shooter using more than 10 rounds in a magazine after the start signal will zero the stage (0 hits).

- Power Factor - NONE, but STEEL MUST FALL TO SCORE (125,000 or higher recommended).

I would think you would be just fine but if in doubt give Phil a shout.

Just picked up a new .45 today :)

USPSA Classifieds

1911 Norinco frame and slide, All other parts are either Ed Brown or Wilson Combat, Pacymer grips, 2 piece guide rod, EGW fiber front and Heinie adj rear, mag well (can be removed)2-3 lb trigger.

USPSA Classifieds

1911 Norinco frame and slide, All other parts are either Ed Brown or Wilson Combat, Pacymer grips, 2 piece guide rod, EGW fiber front and Heinie adj rear, mag well (can be removed)2-3 lb trigger.

Z, you know the rules....no bragging of new gun with out the pics!

Edited by steel1212

USPSA Classifieds

Z, you know the rules....no bragging of new gun with out the picks!

:D

Just did the deal today, at the airport now, won't get the funds sent till next week, but the deal is done.

The GF just got a nice Single Stack to start competing with, as this one will get a reliability test and then become my carry gun most likely, my back-up competition/carry gun will become her Single Stack Gun.

Gotta love it!

I will post pics when it arrives. ;)

I won a kimber custom II in our indoor league drawing last night.

I'm pretty excited. It's my first 1911. Looking forward to trying single stack.

It certainly has a nice trigger.

Nothing like a free 1911. If you think the trigger is good now, give it to a good gunsmith that can put a 2# trigger in it that can last....now that my friend is niiiiice. By the way....I know a guy :D

USPSA Classifieds

Z you .45 ***** Merlin better be careful before Z passes him

Alan

Just after joining the SSESC I find myself wanting another SS. I have a nice STI...but I feel the need...somebody help me.

I'm looking at USED Wilsons, Nighthawks, Ed Browns...

Must stop...

Must stop...

That thought is PURE blasphemy!!!!!

You get 3 days probation for that thought, no, add an extra two for posting it!!!!

BOZ

hk_mtbr has 5 days probation!!!! :angry2:

At least he is looking at Wilsons, nighthawks, and Browns...his mind is half in the right place.

At least he is looking at Wilsons, nighthawks, and Browns...his mind is half in the right place.

Half a mind is all that's left... :ph34r:

...and no "plastic" wilson's either

Edited by hk_mtbr

USPSA Classifieds

Z you .45 ***** Merlin better be careful before Z passes him

Alan

Z could buy a pistol a week for 6 mounths and couldnt catch up. And thats just the pistols Merlin has that are finished. There are some in the shop now that are in build stage. Then there are the ones he forgot he had. Hell Merlin has more single stacks than Kimber.----------Larry

I'm looking at USED Wilsons, Nighthawks, Ed Browns...

Must stop...

Check out Whittakers down by Owensboro. They have several used high end 1911s. They are about 30 minutes past the range where the Ky state 3 gun will be held in a week or so.

www.whittakerguns.com

Dave

Just a little single stack snobbery here at the local match.

I've been practicing out of Anderson's books like a mad man, and it has been showing.. I am trying to jump right over B class this summer.

post-11285-1211419150.jpg

Edited by Vagus

I've been practicing out of Anderson's books like a mad man, and it has been showing.. I am trying to jump right over B class this summer.

way to represent!! :cheers:

Keep up the good work :cheers:

OK I know I'm on probation but I need some advice...

Wilson combat or Ed Brown...let's say comparable features.

And I'm a sucker for black over green...just like airedale!

Not to rain on your parade, both are great choices, but there are some great smiths right here that are better in my opinion, but not as commercial outside of the competitive shooting community.

I am not going to name any names so as not to show any favoritism, check out the dealer forum.

Not to rain on your parade, both are great choices, but there are some great smiths right here that are better in my opinion, but not as commercial outside of the competitive shooting community.

I am not going to name any names so as not to show any favoritism, check out the dealer forum.

If you want an awesome shooting Iron I suggest doing what Z hunter said. If you want a collectors piece then you might consider one of the better known smiths that the rest of the sheep tend to know.

Must stop...

That thought is PURE blasphemy!!!!!

You get 3 days probation for that thought, no, add an extra two for posting it!!!!

BOZ

hk_mtbr has 5 days probation!!!! :angry2:

Sorry I was late on this one, had no internet access this moring. But yes, the thought of not continuing to purchase 1911's is absolute crap and five days is justified!!!