1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took it out for its first shoot today...at a local USPSA match. First two shots...alpha. She didn't hiccup all day... but I did a couple of times.

what match was the local one for you? Did you come down to KAPS per chance?

I shot Miaimi Rifle and Pistol - North of Cincinnati. About a thirty minute drive from the house.

I should get down that way...

Yeah, when you said local that is kind of what I thought you where talking about. At Kaps there tends to be alot of single stacking going on due to we run the stages twice. Buddy of mine got a 90% SS classifier today with a smoking run...he is something to watch with that skinny gun!

I'll have to try it out. We haven't been getting too many SS's...

ty mr. Boz as you can tell the fickle finger of flex has touched me but as our mighty leader has said. We must accept the good with the bad. :roflol:

Kevin

:blizzard:

I would like to make my application official and apologize for screwing up my first application by putting it in the wrong thread and by taking two photos of the same side of the gun. :wacko:

Thank goodness being a computer guru is not a prerequsite of club membership or I would be in serious trouble.

I've owned over 40 1911's in the last 20 years. I get beaten by SNOB #4 (Steve Jolly) at local matches on a regular basis.

I'm even thinking of selling my Benny Hill Limited gun to have Benny build me another single stack. How's that ??

Let's welcome our newest member, Baerburtchell

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim (Is that pink? I don't know. Daltonism.)

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8 (he made voting status with that ugly bottle...)

8 - Alan Meek

9 - Catfish

10 - BONA-FIDE VACANT BOZ1911 (Is he in voting status today?)

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue (Because I say so!)

13 - CSE Martin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (the artist formelry known as Prince or Lighteye67 or something like that...)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - RESERVED

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Baerburtchell

Welcome Bbchell! :cheers:

I will have my slide back for my SS next Wednesday, and will be able to run it by next weekend. 6 weeks of no SS so far makes for no fun -_-

You need a back up my good Man... or two or three.

Hey guys, whats a Colt 1911A1 worth? I put a post in the beginner section but figured my fellow snobs would know also, Very little wear comes with the case also, they are asking 450, is that a good deal?

Thanks, Kevin

That is kinda what i was thinking just i'm not real familiar with the model. Is there any problems i need to look for with this model. Thanks

Would that price be Merlin approved? I'm a screwup just went and looked at it again and it is actually a 1991A1, owners manual said 1996 for series 80 and 90 pistols

Kevin

Edited by sskp1

:cheers: Whoo Hoo!

I gets to go play with the Single stack next weekend!

Because we are running a 3 day CAS match the next weekend (3rd Sat.), the normal CAS match for that weekend (2nd Sat) was canceled. Just my luck tho, it will be a classifier match :surprise: . We'll see where the chips fall, maybe I'll get out of the "U" :rolleyes:

Oh, I also have to brag that the better half was 3rd overall in a 22 Rondevouz shoot and the High female shooter for the day :wub: She shot 13/19 while I only shot 6/19 :huh: BTW, I got tagged as RO and was using a pistol on a rifle course B)

OK, I got #47 slot on the waiting list for Limited Nationals, paid my $25 to hold the spot, but when it came to it, I just let it go. My heart is not in Limited, I am a Single Stacker!!!!!

As soon as the USSA Pro-Am is over, it is back to SS for me!!!

OK, I got #47 slot on the waiting list for Limited Nationals, paid my $25 to hold the spot, but when it came to it, I just let it go. My heart is not in Limited, I am a Single Stacker!!!!!

That's EXACTLY why I'm shootin my 1911 w/ 10 round mags at the L10 nationals. ;)

The way I see this....Z should be on two weeks probation for refusing to meet me at ProAm with SS

Insted he chooses some 6" limited gun :o

Soooo...I had to go out and get a limited gun that I will use once a year :wacko:

I should have opted to whomp him with my old SS :P

As we speak he is out pestering fish with his fly rod...not shooting :roflol:

Lucky Jim

That's EXACTLY why I'm shootin my 1911 w/ 10 round mags at the L10 nationals. ;)

Likewise, I'm shooting my .45 SS with 10-round "cheater" mags at the ProAm. :sight:

Ok now you got ME thinkin about it <_<

but I dont have any 10 rnd mags :(

Decisions...decisions :huh:

Jim

Jim, you want to borrow some? I'll toss in some old 11 rounders too. Those should go with the parts I did for you. :cheers:

Edited by Dan Sierpina