Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Morning Jay,

I need to get my application to you. In the last 20 years I have owned over 40 1911's including 3 Les Baer's, a Wilson Combat, 2 Clark Custom Bullseye guns and an old Clark 9mm single stack, many Colts, Springfields, Kimbers, Para's and even a Llama. (Try not to hold the Llama against me).

My current gun was Benny Hill's gun for awhile.

I have shot many IDPA matches in CDP. I do not know if that counts. I am about to shoot my first USPSA match in Single Stack.

The photos of Benny's old gun I have on the Gallery section and I believe Merlin posted it several times as well.

I also shoot at least once a month with fellow SNOB member, Steve Jolly. I hope that doesn' hurt my chances of acceptance rolleyes.gif

Please, let me know of anything further I may need to do to be accepted into this honorable society.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Burtchell

aka "baerburtchell"

Paul

You are good to go, just post the above in the Snob thread for all to see along with the photos.

We will be glad to have you.

Jay

:blizzard:

Edited by baerburtchell

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul

Photos?????? One of each side????

From Post #1 in the PROPER thread:

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

Paul

Photos?????? One of each side????

From Post #1 in the PROPER thread:

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

Doggone it, I'm having some computer issues that I'll have to resolve after church this morning. For right now I have 2 of one side. :roflol: Edited by baerburtchell

Thank you mighty Nemo Great fisher of all things JMB, sorry about that, :roflol:

Z is there a difference between suckup and sarcasm?

Enjoy you movie and your weekend nemo and we will ensure you get some :popcorn: but since :popcorn: :ph34r: is no longer pc may i suggest a

I see it as PURE snobery to post on a new thread :rolleyes:

I vote we make a place for this new snobbie.....any one who can PRY a SS away from Merlin :surprise:

Gotta be good to go!!! :cheers:

Jim

He will me when he make a proper application

Very true only question i have is it easier to pry a SS or a Dillon from Merlin?

That would be a tie!!!

But... He also needs to get a photo of the OTHER side of Merlin's former gun, as two photos of the same side don't work!!!!

I would like to make my application official and apologize for screwing up my first application by putting it in the wrong thread and by taking two photos of the same side of the gun. :wacko:

Thank goodness being a computer guru is not a prerequsite of club membership or I would be in serious trouble.

I've owned over 40 1911's in the last 20 years. I get beaten by SNOB #4 (Steve Jolly) at local matches on a regular basis.

I'm even thinking of selling my Benny Hill Limited gun to have Benny build me another single stack. How's that ??

Edited by baerburtchell

Pictures, please... :)

Quick pics...

2zi8pqe.jpg

Figured it out yet?

I took it out for its first shoot today...at a local USPSA match. First two shots...alpha. She didn't hiccup all day... but I did a couple of times.

vvvvvvvvvv

33kao9l.jpg

282nvpy.jpg

Wilson Combat CQB...(NIB)

Black G10 Grips

and Wilson Mag well (silver for pimp-points)

FWIW I went to the shop (Classic Arms and Archery, Lexington KY) planning on buying an Ed Brown Kobra and they were beautiful but the wilson's seemed more like something I would shoot hard. I had never been to this shop but they were very helpful and had EB, WC, and Les Baer's all out to be handled and tried. They even had a large selection of Wilson parts and pieces in stock (safeties, grips, recoil springs etc.)

They also had a ton of high end trap/clay guns too.

I took it out for its first shoot today...at a local USPSA match. First two shots...alpha. She didn't hiccup all day... but I did a couple of times.

what match was the local one for you? Did you come down to KAPS per chance?

I shot Miaimi Rifle and Pistol - North of Cincinnati. About a thirty minute drive from the house.

I should get down that way...

I shot Miaimi Rifle and Pistol - North of Cincinnati. About a thirty minute drive from the house.

I should get down that way...

Yeah, when you said local that is kind of what I thought you where talking about. At Kaps there tends to be alot of single stacking going on due to we run the stages twice. Buddy of mine got a 90% SS classifier today with a smoking run...he is something to watch with that skinny gun!

Very true oh wise one :bow:

plus love the addition to your sig

Suckup / sarcasim / demanding...........mmmmmmmmm.....hard to pick and choose qualities with this one. No probation ........yet.......but a watchful eye in place.

I'm trying to be benevolent cause I once had strayed a might meself... :surprise: