Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nagel family home burns

cpty1

For those who saw 00bullitt's last message in the Nagel Benefit raffle thread, that wasn't his idea of a sick joke, and I'm thinking due to the lack of response few people caught that detail.

The Nagel's home did burn to the ground Saturday morning about 3 am. John and family were there, but everyone got out ok. The home and contents was a total loss, except that the gun safe saved the contents contained therein.

Makes you wonder how much more bad can happen to one family.

Edited by cpty1

I caught it in the other thread, but I am still at a loss on how to respond to it. The weight of pain John and his family have been going through is at a level so far beyond my life experiences, I just cannot even fathom what to say.

I caught it in the other thread, but I am still at a loss on how to respond to it. The weight of pain John and his family have been going through is at a level so far beyond my life experiences, I just cannot even fathom what to say.

+1 Continued prayers for the Nagels... :closedeyes:

I saw it, it sank in but nothing I can say would be appropriate. I do not know the family but I am still in total shock. I am a plumbing & heating contractor. I wish I lived in the same state so I could offer services to help rebuild. Anything is something so prayers are being directed their way.

Chris, please let us know if someone is setting up an account for donations. Thank you.

+1. Let's make this happen...and FAST. PM me if you need a hand.

+1. Count me in for something.

+2. I'll do what i can. I caught the other thread, but like others was in shock and didn't know what to say.

Prayers to the Nagel family to keep their strength, and have their home rebuilt.

Please keep us updated.

I had heard there was an account set up at a local bank for donations for Mathew's medical expenses. I suppose that could also be used for other donations as well. I'll see what I can find out today.

Spoke with John today and here's some information. They are currently living in a motel and have a line on a home they may be able to get into in a day or so. Their church has given them many clothes so they have no needs in that area.

For Atlanta area folks, they will need linens and furniture when they get into a home, but have no where to store that stuff now anyway. Keep your eyes open for deals on that stuff, or if you have anything you would like to part with or donate. He's going to let me know if/when they find a house to live in temporarily.

For anyone not local that wants to help; donations may be made at any Regions Bank into an account set up for Mathew Nagel. The account number is #00 8507 7275. I think Regions has branch locations from Florida to Virginia to Texas. If you're outside that area, you should be able to hit the Regions Bank website for contact information on how to make a donation. If someone outside the Regions area wants to explore that and post afterward, that would be helpful.

Apart from that, I'm sure they could use gift cards from major retailers that supply home furnishings and goods, etc. Would suggest waiting until they get moved into a temporary home, at which point gift cards can be mailed directly to them. I'll post an address as soon as that is possible.

Despite everything, John is in good spirits. He understands that as bad as it is, though tough to imagine, it could have been worse.

Edited by cpty1

I am speachless. How much can they take. We will continue to pray for them.

Chris,

I will check we may have some linens, furniture or furnishings that have been decsommissioned from our model homes that we can get to them. I will get with you in the next couple of days.

The gift cards are a great idea. Beyond that please tell us how else we can help.

Jeff

Let's wait and see if they can secure that temporary home in a day or so. If they can, that will be the best place to send anything. If not, I'll get an address to which stuff can be sent.

I am still at a loss for words on this. I know that the good Lord only puts on you what you can possibly take. I hope that the family can hold together through this test of faith. Thank goodness that everyone was able to make it out ok.

Atlanta area folks, keep your eyes out for some stuff that they may need on Craigs List. I always see great deals on stuff (free or real cheap) daily. Here is the link to it http://atlanta.craigslist.org/

Chris P. When you find out what they are in need of, could you please post a list so that we can chop through that list quickly?

Prayers sent for the family.

John says their church has given them more clothes than they need. Anything else is not really conducive to shipping so I would recommend gift cards from home furnishing stores, major department stores, etc. Local folks should be on the lookout for furniture that can be had cheap or for free.