Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

YES! I LOVE IT!

HSMITH

I called my old friend Bob Cogan up a couple weeks ago, told him what I had in mind and talked things over. He said to send it on down, and he would do what he could. My instructions were pretty simple, the top and back of the slide matte, everything else as shiny as you can get it. It came out BEYOND good by a LOT!!!! He knocked this one out of the park, as he has done for me every time. Thank you Bob and crew!!

It isn't what everyone would want, but it is EXACTLY what I wanted and more. Sorry for the picture quality, I have no idea how to take pictures of something so freaking shiny. If it looks like there is a flaw, there isn't, it is my camera and my ability with that camera, it really is flawless. The Wicked Six in bright hard chrome.....

post-7366-1199850492.jpg

post-7366-1199850505.jpg

Eric, I am not smart enough to live more than days driving a motorcycle, the people that know me well will vouch for that......

It is going to be a nightmare keeping fingerprints off, and I hope I don't scratch it, but it is exactly what I wanted.

The back of the slide and the top of the slide are matte, so sight picture and shooting it outdoors isn't going to be a problem.

Thanks Darryl, yours looks great too. Pimp my ride is right, but I don't like the grip now, going to have to paint something up in RED LOL!!!

I am just giddy, giggling like a 12 year old girl!!!!

I am just giddy, giggling like a 12 year old girl!!!!

That's from all that work and no sleep. :)

Hey D you shooting the PPC Sunday? We have stars for the shotgun match! You can shootm with the pistol too. I've never shot a star! I'm stoked.

Howard, your design is awesome, your machine work is awesome, and from your pics and your post's it's easy to see that you are very meticulous (that just sounds more appropriate than anal :D ) That thing is frick'n beautiful!!! :wub: The only thing I would change for my own taste would be a black grip.

So when would you like me to send you my Edge to be turned into a Sight-tracker???? :lol:

DonT

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of the comments!

Pat, thanks so much for the compliments. I have been working with Bob and APW for over 15 years plating guns I build, and the man just doesn't ever let me down, not even a little! I haven't chromed anything for a bit so I called around, talked with all of the major players, and decided to let Bob show his talent again. You hit the nail on the head (crystal ball?), this gun in particular was done the way it was to showcase both my ability to build a great gun, but also his ability to put an incredible finish on a gun. When people see it, they may not 'like' it but they won't be able to fault the fitting or the finish.

Jim, the beaten path is too easy, I need to do something different. Get out this way and I will show you what is inside these things, very different and cool for guys that think stock sucks. Then we can play with moving mass around, both stationary and reciprocating mass, independent of each other or together, and then in combinations, we will melt the brains and then find a good steak and a cold beer. I know a great place......

Chris, your avatar looks familiar, were you the guy I was talking to with Jay? If so I am glad to have talked to you, and I am also glad to have been able to help with the thing you had going on. Guns that run are the name of the game!!