Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Friendly Shooters

carinab

I just wanted to get on record with a big Thank You to all the shooters at the Cleburne match last saturday and to specifically say thanks to Mick.

A Swedish friend of mine has a husband that wants to start shooting so I took him and his visiting brother-in-law out to the range not long ago. Turns out the brother-in-law is a fire arms instructor for the Stockholm police department. They called me the night before the match and said "we'll be in town, can we go to the match with you and shoot?" The husband had purchased a pistol (with only two mags) and a holster. But the brother-in-law is a lefty and he obviously didn't transport his duty gun and gear here from Sweden. And that's where it all began.

I called Mick figuring I'd ask if he knew anyone with a left handed kydex holster for one of my glocks. Before I got two sentences out, he offered up a 9mm SVI with a left hand helwig holster that the brother-in-law could use...and he kicked in ammo to boot. What a great guy and an ambassador for the sport! And once we got to the match, everyone was super friendly and welcoming. They were coached thru the entire match (as if shooters were ever short on advice) to help maximize their fun. Both of them were raving on the drive back how much fun they had and how everyone they met were truly nice folk. The husband is already making plans to buy more mags and wants me to take him out to every match now!

So thank you again!

Southern Hospitality :cheers:

That's the damn truth! I never made so many friends in such a short amount of time than this years SC Sectionals and Area 6.

You Southerners know how to make a Yankee feel welcome :)

Carinab, I have found this to be also true of visitors in your area. I have went to my mother-in-law's house in Denton twice where I knew I was going to be able to shoot while there thans to steve speer (JoseyWales on BE). The last time, he even came out with a friend and picked me up on the way out to the Double Tap Ranch, and loaned me some equipment since I was short on mag holders. The first time, he keyed me into a 300 round steel match in Dallas that is still to this day one of the best matches I have ever shot.

Being a USPSA member in good standing and a BE member is instant bonafeties in our nationwide community. As it should be. :cheers:

That's the damn truth! I never made so many friends in such a short amount of time than this years SC Sectionals and Area 6.

You Southerners know how to make a Yankee feel welcome :)

PH, Head yourself on down to the MS Classic the May. You will get some great Southern hospitality and at the same time, you can go against some of the best Production shooters in the country. At the very least I expect Rodney May to be there and since I shot with him at the Nationals in 2007 I know he will smoke your a$$ if you give him half a chance. Be there or be HOSED!!!!!!! :P<_<

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Yeee Haaw.....gonna get me some of that at the Double Tap

C'mon DonT, there's room for you

barry :D

Nope. "All my ex's live in Texas" :ph34r: That's why I hang my hat in Maui :P

talkin' bout texas, i'll be down in austin in may. any clubs close that shoot the 3rd weekend of the month? if so, i'll drag along my blaster...

May 17th is Waco (about an hour north of Austin)

May 18 is Alpha-Mike in Bulverde (about an hour south of Austin)

How long will you be in town?

-Chet

talkin' bout texas, i'll be down in austin in may. any clubs close that shoot the 3rd weekend of the month? if so, i'll drag along my blaster...

-Chet

gotta go to a conference starting 5/13 thru 5/17. figure i'll hit a match on that sunday, but gotta fly back to kali that night. looks like the alpha mike club...got any contacts?

-Chet

gotta go to a conference starting 5/13 thru 5/17. figure i'll hit a match on that sunday, but gotta fly back to kali that night. looks like the alpha mike club...got any contacts?

http://alphamike.shred2.net/

-Chet

Yeah, I included them in my reply. Click on the underlined text. B)

Hey, if you've got any free time in the evenings, lets see who in the Austin gang is free and we'll all catch up. Cool?

-Chet