Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot the one and only Texas State Limited held in San Angelo and I thought the range facilities and everything else was great. Plenty of hotels,restaurants etc. I am looking forward to it.

I shot the one and only Texas State Limited held in San Angelo and I thought the range facilities and everything else was great. Plenty of hotels,restaurants etc. I am looking forward to it.

I shot two State Sporting Clays events at San Angelo with 250+ shooters = the city and the host were great.

..... <_< that was 9+ years ago though ... :unsure: seams like, feels like 19 months

The last time I shot there was when they held the last TX State 3-gun match. It should would be GREAT to go back up there and shoot again. It would be a little closer for me and it would be the first time I shoot the Area 4 match. B)

Hopefully a post regarding match hotels is forthcoming soon. I, along with some fellow shooters, had no idea A4 would be in November, much less in San Angelo, this year. Thanks to everyone on the BE Forums for the heads up. I now have to do some rescheduling at work. What's up with our A4 director not providing us with the scoop sooner? Just frustrated because it's a pain in the anals :blink: to reschedule time off at my job.

Is anyone else feeling my pain? :surprise:

I used to drive from Houston area every year when San Angelo had the Carter Martin Classic charity match. That was my favorite match of the year. I really miss that match. I always enjoyed charity matches, no pressure and most everyone had a good time with no bickering.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be a rumor floating around that A4 might not be in San Angelo this year... :angry2:

BS!!! I have the stone tablet right here! Kenny has the stage designs nearly ready to send for approval, Match hotel will be picked soon, and we've requested that the local restrurants to lay in extra beer for the BE'ers... :cheers:

Bill

There seems to be a rumor floating around that A4 might not be in San Angelo this year... :angry2:

BS!!! I have the stone tablet right here! Kenny has the stage designs nearly ready to send for approval, Match hotel will be picked soon, and we've requested that the local restrurants to lay in extra beer for the BE'ers... :cheers:

Bill

:popcorn1: & Peanuts?

• 2 weeks later...

From what I gather here - Area 4 (most likely) will be held in San Angelo on the 3rd weekend of NOV.

Been almost two months since this info was posted - does anyone out there have any updates?

Is this thing definitely a GO? Inquiring minds and all.

ETA: It's NOT on the San Angelo Club Calendar - hmmm??

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Until I see it on Uspsa's site I'm not going to even bother with the idea of going. :wacko:

Good point. It's not even on the San Angelo Gun Club's website match calendar. :unsure:

ETA: but Doug just said that didn't he?

Edited by Steve J

I don't think anyone should be offended if we question where / if the match is going to be held, given recent history.

Especially since it not written or published anywhere yet. Get it on USPSA, get it in written form to the Section coordinators and Club presidents from the AD directly and we may start to believe..... <_<

Sent Ken Hicks an e-mail the other day about the A4 match. He responded:

"The Area 4 Match will be held in San Anglo, TX on Nov. 14,15 & 16"

Thanks

Ken

Sounds like it's a lock for San Angelo in the late Fall - good time of year too (not too hot).

Now all we need are entry forms. :cheers: