Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Do You Want to See on a Prize Table

scorch

Gasoline Gift Cards. You use them on the way home and if you have to ship them you pay only letter rate to do so.

You can usually get several good quality pocket knives for a song and loop in a match sponsor as well.

Something I used to see but do not any more is just a free entry to next years match. It is a heck of a great prize.

Lessons from professional shooters. Don't go to Thunder Range with your hand out. Find someone more local who is willing to donate a day and make sure it goes to a couple of juniors.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically the "gift of gas" is quite appropriate these days! Definitely a way to help redeem the cost of shooting matches and, as Charles mentioned, cheap to send out if necessary. Not to mention something everyone can use!

Edited by Rocket35

How about a few Dillon / SV / LaRue Tactical calander girls dancing on said tables...... :devil:

Sure to keep everone around for the prize distribution !!!!

(just kidding ladies)

I am offended but that suggestion, PLEASE deleted it!!!! :devil:

But, I am ONLY offended because I did not think of it FIRST

Edited by zhunter

How about a few Dillon / SV / LaRue Tactical calander girls dancing on said tables...... :devil:

Sure to keep everone around for the prize distribution !!!!

(just kidding ladies)

I am offended but that suggestion, PLEASE deleted it!!!! :devil:

But, I am ONLY offended because I did not think of it FIRST

This coming from a guy with an avatar of a seemingly horny dancing bananna! :lol:

Edited by Rocket35

+ Hoppes 9, BoreSnakes, brushes

What's all that stuff for ??? :blink:

Hoppes 9 to loosen the gunk lead bullets leaves on your reloading dies.

BoreSnakes for making a pass or two through your 12ga before you stuff it in the safe. Also used to clean your reloading dies.

Brushes to knock the big chunks of goo off the feed ramp of your barrel.

Geez. Rookies. :rolleyes:

I dunno...sounds a lot like...cleaning. :surprise:

I've heard that some people do that. Haven't actually seen it in person.

Love certificates......

I think they had some of those at the KS State Match..

We might have to ask some of the other shooters as I was to tired after the match to visit the Strip Club that was a match sponsor.

+ Hoppes 9, BoreSnakes, brushes

What's all that stuff for ??? :blink:

Hoppes 9 to loosen the gunk lead bullets leaves on your reloading dies.

BoreSnakes for making a pass or two through your 12ga before you stuff it in the safe. Also used to clean your reloading dies.

Brushes to knock the big chunks of goo off the feed ramp of your barrel.

Geez. Rookies. :rolleyes:

I dunno...sounds a lot like...cleaning. :surprise:

I've heard that some people do that. Haven't actually seen it in person.

you mean you are supposed to clean your guns.

Dwayne Schneider I'm NOT

We used the Big Sky Brewing certificates in Missoula. mmm.. Moose Drool...

Sponsors you can sometimes get certs from for somewhat discounted prices.. tougher to stretch the prize dollars on non-sponsors.

Someone suggested free entry to the next years match,great idea.They did that at the Tn IDPA match last year along with the free match were several cards for reduced match fees for the next one.I picked up the free match card :D

Someone suggested free entry to the next years match,great idea.They did that at the Tn IDPA match last year along with the free match were several cards for reduced match fees for the next one.I picked up the free match card :D

Problem with that is when you travel to an out of state major match and that is all that is left on the prize table- then it isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Problem with that is when you travel to an out of state major match and that is all that is left on the prize table- then it isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

I'm pretty sure if Robert put out some free entries on the table, they wouldn't be the last prize left. (Unless I'm the last guy, then it would be good) Only time it seems a free entry wouldn't get taken pretty early would be if no one enjoyed the match.

I think there are lots of good ideas on here. It is kind of anticlimatic to pick up a piece of paper but certificates for supplies are really nice! Range bags are always gone early, too.

MLM

IN 2006 I won a Shooter's Conection Tournament Bag at Double Tap :bow: It still looks great. And I did mail a thank-you letter. I made a few calls after an event and the gentalman said that they get less than 1 out of 20 thank-yous for prizes given out.

Its the Shooters that need to do a better job at the prize table

Jamie

I'd like to see the following prize table items:

Certs for Bullets, Primers, Powder - Powder Valley seems to have the best deals lately so anything from them is great

High quality electronic hearing protection (Dillon, Peltor, etc)

High Quality shooting glasses (Oakley, etc)

Dillon Reloading gear (Dies, Conversion Kits, Electronic Scales, Primer Pocket Swagers, Brass Tumblers, etc)

Shot Timers (CED 8000, etc)

Basepad / Follower / Spring packs (Dawson, Wolff, etc)

Target Stands (the lightweight, foldable type)

Free entries to next years match (or other major regional matches - A4, Space City, Texas Open, etc)

USPSA Membership Renewals (good for the shooter and the organization)

At least a smattering of 3-Gun related gear (AR stuff, Shotgun Stuff, etc)

I personally don't like the idea of gas cards - gas is something you have to buy anyway and once the card is used up, you have nothing to remind you of the match. Just seems better to have shooting-related prizes at a shooting match.

I've seen several posts on here that I've never seen on a prize table that sound like great ideas:

Gas cards, gotta have it

Fit the box, box: to keep it legal if your into that kind of thing

Next years entry: brings them back again

Very Well Said Alamo Shooter! THANK YOU! goes a long way we sent Matt burkett a thank you letter and he told me it's the only one he ever got from a match. Dillion sponsors very little. I was told by Eric they get 1300 request a year. I like buying from SPONSORS.

I always send a note to sponsors I receive prizes from thanking the - I believe Roy (shred) sends notes to all sponsors of a match (something I'm going to start doing this year). Man, what if we all took the time to do that??? ;)

Brownells Gift Certificates (what shooter doesn't spend money there)

Custom Shooting shirts

Gas Cards (or VISA prepaids that can be used anyo=place)

Maybe the USPSA Should come up with a pre-paid debit type card...... The match pays for the card and the "winner" can use the card at the USPSA www site or to pay for entry fees at any USPSA Match?

How about USPSA dues?