Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite mythical critter?

Of all the mythical creatures out there haunting the byways and backwaters of pop culture lore like Santa Clause, Nessie, Chupacabra, an honest politician, which one is your favorite and why?

I like Sasquatch best. Maybe it's because he's a big, stinky, solitary dude who always does his best to mind his own business and keep a very low profile. He just sneaks around all quite like, breaking wind and snickering about it. (Come to think of it, I have several friends like that.) Sasquatch is probably so Zenned out that folks walk right past him in the woods and don't see him unless they are really in a state of total presence and awareness. Then they see him and for a moment all is cool. But then they lose awareness and think," Woah, this is Bigfoot, just wait till I tell everyone".... which totally wrecks their sense of presence and they can't see him anymore, which is probably where he gets his reputation for elusiveness.

If he's got a blaster, I'm thinking it's probabluy a single stack .45 he lifted from some clueless hunter or hiker that wasn't paying attention. I've never seen a Sasquatch and I'm not looking for one. But I do pay attention in the woods. And I always keep a close eye on my blaster, just in case. Cause if I ever lose it in the woods, I'm going to have to wonder??

Hey, I just think of stuff like this sometimes.

The perfect wife..... :rolleyes:

harvey-stewart.jpg

ahHAAAA the dreaded pooka, Harvey!! appearing here and there, now and then, to this one or that one...

Elwood P. Dowd, "Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."

a classic...

Edited by pas44

Of all the mythical creatures out there haunting the byways and backwaters of pop culture lore like Santa Clause, Nessie, Chupacabra, an honest politician, which one is your favorite and why?

What are you doing lumping Santa in with mythical creatures? :angry: You need to watch miracle on 34th street, my friend.

Whats's next; maybe that the Easter Bunny can't lay eggs :surprise: .

sure he can lay eggs.... Cadbury's...

Velociraptor Leathamus

Deadly, unstoppable predator. Makes lesser hunters quail. His approach is ominous, his eye unerring, his strike always true. His roar is like the crack of thunder. He is the alpha male, the wiley old leader of the pack who crushes upstart contenders for his throne.

Oh, wait. You said mythical.....

:D