Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra-Prime

benos

A fella sent me a pic for the Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime automatic primer tube filler, and I think it's available from Midway for the rock-bottom price of $52.00. Has anyone seen or used this contraption? It looks like you have to hold it in your hand, and it looks a tad mickey-mouse...

be

I have one and like it.  I found that I dont even need the adapter tubes as long as I hold the primer tube in line with the hole.  It seems to do the trick much better than the pickup tips on the Dillon tubes, and is a helluva lot cheaper than the Dillon model.  It has worked well for me and my Federal primers.  DougC

Brian,

I thought the same untill I got one. They had it on sale so I bought 2 ( one for a buddy) It works. Flat out works.

The only thing bad is the tray itself is a little too small. I'm use to the big dillon tray and the vibraprime one is just big enough with no extra room to easily slide the cover off the primers and still get all the primers upside down.

I can load a 100 primers in less than 45 seconds. No kidding. From start to in the press, 45 seconds.

BE

I have a slightly different version of the same thing, it was made for the rock crusher press. But it works on the same theory and it uses brass tube for the primer tubes that you can purchase at any hobby shop.

this thing just flat out works great.

1. dump primers in.

2. shake to flip primers

3. pull trigger

my par time is 13 sec start to finish, but I'm working on 12.5 LOL

sno

If this thing works yall can wear the hero hat for 30 days, just ordered two based on the recomendation here. By the way, the bum steer hat is a 60 day deal.                                                    Larry

I like it. I use the Dillon pickup tubes though. Take off the white primer pickup part, hold the tube in the hole put it at an angle like the directions tell you and pull the trigger. The tubes that came with it I think are undersized and the primers keep jamming. But have had no problem with the Dillion tubes.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Steve Harris

I was the one who asked Brian about the Vibra Primer. Thanks for all the input! I bought one and, although it's a little pricy for what it cost to produce, it works great!! I wish I had one years ago. I also found I could load by Dillon tubes directly. This is a REAL time saver!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
A fella sent me a pic for the Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime automatic primer tube filler, and I think it's available from Midway for the rock-bottom price of $52.00. Has anyone seen or used this contraption? It looks like you have to hold it in your hand, and it looks a tad mickey-mouse...

be

I just got mine today. Vibraprime, 3 trays, 3 large and 3 small tubes $79 including shipping and that all important NRA roundup. The base unit is $30 and has one of each tube and a tray, the tray may not be necessary but get some extra tubes. The unit works good. I loaded the same set of primers about 5 times just to test it out. (When you get a new toy, you must play) :) . The weakest part seems to be the tabs on the primer fill tubes. I broke one on the first try. (Called Midway and they sent me a set of 6 for free.) The tabs are not critical and you can use it just fine without them. Overall it's a heck of a lot faster than the manual pickup tubes and a lot cheaper and smaller than the RF100.

I ordered mine after reading a post under dillon reloaders RF100. Thanks to ever made that post, saved me a bunch of cash. More spare cash = More ammo :)

Steve

The dillon primer tubes work fine. Take off the yellow pick up piece and when you put the tube into the vibra prime you will find a sweet spot. Hold the tube in place and fill it up. I've had a Vibra prime for over a year with no problems. Filling 10 tubes takes under 10 minutes. Nice time saver.

I wouldn't part with my RF-100 ever.. it's full-auto drop-in-box-of-primers, push-button, go away compared to the Vibra's semi-auto-syle shake-flip-primers, buzz into tubes. Vibra's a lot cheaper though and kicks butt over pickup tubes.

I am still dropping hints to the family for a RF-100. But in the meantime, the Vibra-Prime does the job and does it well. It's much faster than picking them up one at a time and besides there is a cool factor in the pistol grip shape. :D

FWIW

dj

I think I've had mine for about a year now and I love it for the price.

I use the dillon tubes in the adapter, all you have to do is take off the yellow or green tip, wrap one round ONLY of scotch tape around the end of the tube and it will fit easily and snugly in the adapter, works great for me.

I did find that some of my older tubes didn't have the blue tips with the cotter pin, they had the hole drilled through tube itself for the pin. The problem that I ran into was when I pulled the filled tube out of the adapter the top three primers would fall off because they stuck up above the tube. The easy fix was to call Dillon and get a few blue tips with the pins and slip them on the ends, they add just enough length to the tube for all 100 primers to go inside the tube.

I have 1 tray 1 large adapter 1 small adapter 1 Frankford large tube and 1 Frankford small tube the rest are Dillon. I can load 6 tubes under 2 minutes easy.

THC

• 1 year later...
Flipping over in the tray or ending up flipped inside the tube? Just to make sure no silly question goes un-asked, are you possibly using the larger primer side of the tray for small primers?

They are flipping over as they enter the tube and I was using the small tube and small end of the tray.