Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In-Line Texas Stars

outerlimits

Someday I'll have to resolve myself to the texas star. I realize it is a skill that can be overcome. In fact an advantage to be taken.

Until then I just view them as a "hope I don't ruin a match" scheme. They feel so much like survival than advantage. I guess weakhand shooting is like that too, and in my earlier years I was able to overcome that.

We'll see. Right now those things just distract me from the shooting, and I hate it when a stage prop is able to do that.

J

That's pretty nasty. The worst one we had was two counter-rotating TX Stars shot thru a small port while standing on a platform suspended by chains (so it would wobble a few inches in any direction). I was shooting production at the time and went through a few mags if I recall... It's partially my fault. I built the platform, but never intended it to be used for such EVIL!

that was pretty cool, might have to try that at our local matches

+1 Maybe at our end of the year match in a few months

Fun fun!

Outerlimits, what was the mechanism that started them spinning?

Yeah, the door, but was there weight on the stars?

we activate our stars with pull sticks, in this case attached to the door. we also hang an 8" plate over the top and behind one of the plates on the star. higher up for faster take off, lower for slower rotation-they drop free as soon as the star starts.

This was a cool stage. The two stars worked out very nicely and was a good change from the usual type stages.

To shoot the star you really need to know where your shots are going. Like, exactly where your shots are going. Those plates just wont fall if you don't hit em! :blink:

I like it! :ph34r:

We have a MD around here who likes to have the star activated by a popper with a pull rope. He puts a boat anchor on the point of the star resting on the stick. When you shoot the popper, the rope pulls out the stick, the boat anchor drops and the star starts Whizzin'!! :surprise:

• 2 months later...