Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Jerome Poiret

Reloading Benches

Seeing his does make me feel better, and restores my faith that every man out there doesn't have Martha Stewart as a mate.

Sheesh, a (work-)room with a VIEW, even!! Look at all that greenery outside the window! :P

Looks a little a couple of shooters' garages I've had the pleasure of seeing, though... ;)

This thread has been around long enough that I was able to build my new benches for my second 650 and tumbler.

Newbench3.jpg

Newbench3a.jpg

Newbench3b.jpg

wow compared to that I am a F'ing pig. Sometimes, I clear off a 2 square foot spot on my bench to clean my pistol,but other wise it is a couple of inches deep on my bench. Jeeper do you do consult slobs on how to maintain a clean benck :D ?

No. No hate this one. I think I want to move IN with this one...! :D

Flyin' the colors, too, no less. My oh my........! :P

wow compared to that I am a F'ing pig. Sometimes, I clear off a 2 square foot spot on my bench to clean my pistol,but other wise it is a couple of inches deep on my bench. Jeeper do you do consult slobs on how to maintain a clean benck :D ?

I cleaned it for the picture. It is usually a little dirtier.

well maybe I shoud get the wife to bring a digital camera home from work, becuase I need an excusse to clean mine

My reloading mini-bench got done and the SDB mounted late yesterday. Will shoot the final pic of it later today and photos back perhaps at end-of-week. What with a 3-day string of 100+ degree weather, it's been too @!#&% hot to run about in the car gettin' things done... (like going to the photo lab too many times)(Bear in mind I have no A/C in the car and it got up to 120 in the car yesterday. I can only take about 15 minutes of that before passing out.)

ANYWAYYYYYY... we have a bench!!!! :D

Now you know what it is like in Houston, from mid June thru the end of Sept.

well maybe I shoud get the wife to bring a digital camera home from work, becuase I need an excusse to clean mine

finaly figured this all out.

dcutts2.jpg

dcutts.jpg

and yeah I did spend a moring sort of picking up and organizing

Complete with window and TV. Hmmm... nice big tumbler. (Are the Dillons really quieter than some of the others...?)

SL,

I wish... I took the advice of others and got a timer and now the tumbling is done while I am sleeping. :D It does a lot of brass at once and I found it on eBay for the cost of the small one. B) My brother-in-law had to keep up with the war, so a TV got hooked up in the shop. I am not much for watching TV except for reviewing tapes on competitions. :rolleyes:

Jim

Thanks to this post I did not spend the weekend practicing and shooting a match as I had hoped. But NOoo, I had to show this thread to my wife. She saw how nice some of your benches are, and the others...

The next thing I get the bums rush and find myself first at Home Depot then back home in an NBC gas mask installing insulation. This in preparation of the paneling and shelving I have to install this week, before the rubber floor arrives. Did I tell you that I must install that too?.

I Was just Fine!

Thanks you guys!! <_<

My bench. It's amazing how this can take on the appearance of being somewhat tidy (without photoshop). At least it's not intentionally decieving.

Bench.jpg

GsT

novembers trivia: How many presses are actually on GsT's bench, oh and what brand, model, and what caliber are we loading on that one?

And now for a contrasting point of view.

Workbench.jpg

It's dark, dirty, and dungeon-like. The "other" press is a Ponsness Warren 850B.

Old Chelsea girl is not much of a watchdog, but she is a real sweetheart.

That ain't dirty! You need about a half inch of tumbler media and spent primers on the floor. Then it might qualify for dirty. :)

davecutts-- ...LOL!!! :lol:

IPSCDRL-- Complete with casual, reluctant-looking guard dog. How funny. Also LOL...! (floor looks clean, though...) ;)

PS: I re-photographed my setup and can be posting that sometime soon.....

There are 7 presses on the bench, L to R: Redding T7(.308, .338Lapua), Lyman T-MagII(.50AE, .357,.38), Dillon 650(.308,.223,.40S&W), Dillon 1050(.45), RCBS Rockchucker(Everything!!), Dillon SL900(12ga.), Hollywood Sr.(.50BMG).

The bench is welded up from 2"x4" rectangular steel tubing. It's 3' deep, but the first 12" is 3/8" steel plate - makes for a nice rigid bench. (The rear of the bench is just a melamine plank for collecting dust, errant primers, et. al.

GsT