Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

he was loading my ammo while his wife fed me cheesecake

There's just something wrong about that! He loads your ammo while she feeds you cheesecake? Not only do I have to load my own ammo, but I've got to rustle my own cheesecake too! Obviously, I'm approaching this whole reloading thing all wrong. Here's a project for ya ---- the shooting world needs an instructional video to show us how to obtain a reloader who's spouse will ply us with dessert while we wait for ammo to be generated.... :lol::lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go round to a freinds house to help him reload (he is learning fast) and his wife plys me with food and wine. I am not sure if I want this to actually stop.

The only draw back is that after the first two bottles the reloads are great, I think, or do we think they are great but are past caring?

SG I will take you up on the offer of hosting some pics. I will have to rescue the digital camera from the kids first. See you soon.

As promised, a glimpse into "Dave's" reloading closet. Love that casefeeder.

Directly behind is 'smithing bench, computer, bookcases, tools, and you-name-it

wonderful gun nut parts and stuff.

The ferrets are not allowed in this room. :)

SiriaReloader.jpg

THat is exactly what mine looked like 4 houses ago. It was so nice and convientent I never had to get up to reach everything. Now I am trying to figure out where to put my new 650. :D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

So, today I went back to my gunsmith's house for a brass exchange, a lighter recoil spring, a quick video peek at a recent IDPA match, then was handed a tasty serving of creme broulee...! Ah, service...! ;)

Did somebody say coffee?

TABLE.jpg

No reloading setup due to needing the spare room for a guest. And I don't even drink coffee, I just get the cans at work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my new bench and presses. The bench was a kit from 2 x 4 Basics. It was just over $50.00 from Amazon.com and is made using your own 2x4's and plywood. VERY easy to make and I highly recommend it.

Here is the bench and presses with all their "condoms" :huh: on:

P7022421.jpg

And here they are "bareback" ;) :

P7022423.jpg

The calibers are (left to right): .38 Supercomp/TJ, 9x21 (now .40) & 9x19.

Edited by DJPoLo

Brother, I am going to go way back to when we first started posting pics of loading areas. This one begs the question, how long did you straighten up the area B4 the pic was taken, or are you married to Martha Stewart.

Not picking on you, but your loading area is neater than any I've seen!!!

I'm impressed...

how long did you straighten up the area B4 the pic was taken

It's a new house that we just built and I haven't had time to mess it up yet. Plus, there's two cabinets of components on the left side, cropped out of the picture!

DJPoLo,

What is the dimensions of your bench? Length, Height, and Depth? Do you stand or sit during the reloading process?

I have a 650 mounted on the strong mount and will be building a bench in the near future.

Thanks

What are all those ribbons 'n plaques on the wall...?

Heh. They're ribbons 'n plaques. To be honest, some of them belong to my wife, Beth.

What is the dimensions of your bench? Length, Height, and Depth? Do you stand or sit during the reloading process?

The bench is 6'Wx2'Dx3'H. I am fortunate to have the 6' wide space available in my new garage. I wish I had a photo of my previous setup. It was truly pathetic and was so unstable that we were having horrible ammo problems all Spring (the problems turned out to be badly seated primers). I stand during reloading but with a stool of the correct height, one could certainly sit with this setup. I have a pretty cool looking Thomas Kinkade knock-off rubber mat that I stand on during reloading to relieve foot fatigue.

I'm guessing that U-thingie near the upper right hand portion of the pic is the handle for your cannon-reloader?

Heh. It's a Weider weight system. The u-shaped handle is part of the assisted bench dip station. Used for reloading muscles. :lol: