Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Handle

Just curious............. why does Dillon not make a round aluminum handle for the Super 1050? They make one for the 550 and 650, why not the 1050? The round one is much more comfortable than the triangular plastic one that you would think they would offer it for the 1050 too. Anyone know why not? Dillon?

Edited by nhglyn

Just curious............. why does Dillon not make a round aluminum handle for the Super 1050? They make one for the 550 and 650, why not the 1050? The round one is much more comfortable than the triangular plastic one that you would think they would offer it for the 1050 too. Anyone know why not? Dillon?

???? The handles on my 1050s are all round.... :mellow:

Merlin,

Seriously? I was told by a guy at Dillon that they didn't make them for the 1050. Same handle as on the 650 round aluminum one? Do you have a photo?

Edited by nhglyn

The stock handle on the 1050 is a roller handle...unfortunatley it is the cheap plastic one....

In my humble opinion...the 1050 should be shipped with the blue aluminum handle...

Bump the price...do whatever...when your dropping big coin on a machine...a couple of bucks more is flea dirt on a Blue Tick...

1050 should ship with a blue Al roller, not the black plastic stock currently offered....

My two cents

swhitney,

With your .02 and my .02 on this topic I think Dillon should develop one! Who else feels the same way? Dillon, you make such GREAT stuff, why not the round aluminum handle for the 1050?

I agree alumn has got to be better but.......? The plastic handles work - they last..and last and ...last. The only plus I can see in real world is just the thought that alumn has got to be better - not any true and real advantage I can see....? :blink:

For me it's not just the aluminum, I like the round shape better than the triangular one that comes with the 1050. All Dillon would have to do is place the round aluminum handle on the shaft of the 1050. It can't be that hard, or am I missing something?

If they were to offer the round aluminum one for the 1050 I bet a LOT of 1050 owners would shell out the $37+ for one.

For me it's not just the aluminum, I like the round shape better than the triangular one that comes with the 1050. All Dillon would have to do is place the round aluminum handle on the shaft of the 1050. It can't be that hard, or am I missing something?

If they were to offer the round aluminum one for the 1050 I bet a LOT of 1050 owners would shell out the $37+ for one.

After I ordered my 1050 the other day I noticed the picture in the Blue Press showed a black handle...and the text in Brian' narratives described that the aluminum handle was stock on the 1050...I shot him an email inquiring as to whether I was going to get plastic or aluminum....

Here is Brian's Reply...

I have to apologize - I just called to double check and the roller handle for the 1050 is actually plastic. (I'll find that on my web site and change

it.) I always thought it was aluminum, well, from when I wrote that approximately 6 years ago. I've never had a single person tell me that they didn't like the roller that comes on the 1050. Nevertheless, if you want to change it to the aluminum handle (I asked), it can be done.
You can buy just the roller from the 650's Aluminum Roller Handle separately..
. but you will need a long-nosed pair of snap ring pliers in order to change handles.

Maybe the real old 1050's had aluminum handles, because I could swear mine did.

I am definitely gonna switch mine out if for no other reason than the bling bling factor....

If you want just the blue anodized aluminum handle, drop Brian a PM...

SW

Edited by swhitney

You can do what I did.

I bought one of the Blue aluminum round roller handle off of Dillon.

I took my snap righ pliers and switched the handle portions from the nice blue handle and the black tri-lobal type handle.

I replaced the snap ring with a new one on the now new and improved 1050 blue aluminum handle.

Put the tri-lobal handle portion with the 650 handle and sold it on Ebay for 30 + dollars. I was out about 6 dollars to have the blue round aluminum handle.

JS

done2.jpg

FWIW, I have a very early RL 1050 (nickel plated) that has a round handle. The handle is slightly tapered from left to right. My other, newer RL 1050 has the triangular handle.

I'm with Merlin on this one. I don't have a preference for either.

Does anyone happen to know the Dillon part # of the blue aluminum handle? Just the round handle not the whole shaft/handle unit. Can't find it anywhere on their website or in the manuals. Thanks.

FWIW, I have a very early RL 1050 (nickel plated) that has a round handle. The handle is slightly tapered from left to right. My other, newer RL 1050 has the triangular handle.

I'm with Merlin on this one. I don't have a preference for either.

I too have one of each, and got spoiled with the Aluminum on the 650, I will be getting a Snap-what-cha-ma-call-it and installing the Aluminum on mine too. YES, there is a difference.

Does anyone happen to know the Dillon part # of the blue aluminum handle? Just the round handle not the whole shaft/handle unit. Can't find it anywhere on their website or in the manuals. Thanks.

Dillon would not sell me just the blue aluminum handle portion.... they said I would have to purchase the whole handle.

Sorry, I know this is not the answer you were looking for, maybe you will have better luck than I had with them.

Jerry

Edited by 1911jerry

I'm in for one blue handle. The Triangular handle isn't unusable, just an odd choice in my opinion. It feels a bit odd after the quality aluminum handle.

I was kinda blown away by the plastic handle on the 1050. I wanted a Cadillac. I bought a Caddy. Tack on the $20 to the price and be done with it.

I'm in for one blue handle. The Triangular handle isn't unusable, just an odd choice in my opinion. It feels a bit odd after the quality aluminum handle.

I was kinda blown away by the plastic handle on the 1050. I wanted a Cadillac. I bought a Caddy. Tack on the $20 to the price and be done with it.

Well said, that's why I started this thread in the first place. It doesn't make any sense, maybe Dillon will read this and consider equiping the Super 1050 with the blue aluminum handle.

Let's hear from all of the other 1050 owners who would like to see this happen!!!!!!!!!!! 100+ responses, let Dillon know your thoughts.

To anyone who has put the blue aluminum handle on the 1050 (1911jerry, AlamoShooter, others) ........

Is there a "trick" to getting the snap ring off? I have the snap ring pliers but the cavity is so deep you can not open them up a lot to allow the snap ring to come off easily. Any suggestions? How about when putting the snap ring back on again?

Thanks.

Edited by nhglyn