Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Handle

Snap ring pliers is what it is called. but my set was too short too I ended up using two Ice picks and some bad words. the ring on the Aluminum one went on fine but when I try ed to put the plastic one switched to the 650 It messed with me bad.

|

If you can get one side started you can 'work it over and around with a small screw diver.

practice putting it on with out the roller in the way , when you get the hang of it put the roller on and do it.

Sorry " OFF is the easy part = use a small screw drive to open up the ring and this push one end over the ring notch.

Try not to bend it up or getting it back on will burn you.

The Aluminum seams to soak up the heat in your hand and keep it cooler.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Update.........

Just spoke to Dillon and ordered 2 blue aluminum roller handles from them. You do not have to buy the whole unit, you can get just the handle and then swap it onto your 1050 shaft.

For your information, ask for part #17068 and they are $17.59 each.

Hope this helps everyone. :D

Edited by nhglyn

To anyone who has put the blue aluminum handle on the 1050 (1911jerry, AlamoShooter, others) ........

Is there a "trick" to getting the snap ring off? I have the snap ring pliers but the cavity is so deep you can not open them up a lot to allow the snap ring to come off easily. Any suggestions? How about when putting the snap ring back on again?

Thanks.

I have a set of extended tips for my snap ring plier. I am a tool junkie....

If you try to pry the snap ring, you might stress or fatigue the metal. Buy a few spares for $.79 at Lowes or home depot. If you stress the metal ring, it will keep backing off, because of the lack of tensile strength to keep it in the groove.

I am glad to hear that Dillon is now selling just the roller portion of the handle. I am a little mad that I was sold a complete handle, but I was only out $6 when it was all said and done with.

JS

Update.........

Just spoke to Dillon and ordered 2 blue aluminum roller handles from them. You do not have to buy the whole unit, you can get just the handle and then swap it onto your 1050 shaft.

For your information, ask for part #17068 and they are $17.59 each.

Hope this helps everyone. :D

You're the man!!! :cheers:

I took a little different approach – I sanded the plastic handle down until it was like the 650 aluminum handle. It only took 5 minutes (to sand the handle). The hardest part was getting the Jesus clip back in place – that took a bit longer. :surprise: