Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I say "bang bang" during walkthroughs

Kory

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I count, one two...three four...etc. It is more productive than "bang bang" as you are going to have to count rounds at some point anyway.

+1 to counting,

:blink: make sure you cover all targets

B) plan the reload if needed, in the best possible spot!

Edited by 9x21

buddy of mine goes, boom boom boom boom, and he also have a sound effect for reload, something like

tsuk tsuk... :goof:

now we call him Boom boom

Why does he reload twice?

Maybe its the sound of a mag coming out then one going in?

Best walkthroughs I ever heard were a a buddy named Jeff J.

Only time I ever heard a shooter cautioned for language at a major.

He'd talk to himself like this;

Ok, I start off ovah here, I grab my piece and I'm gonna hammer these two scumbags, then I'm gonna shoot this son ofa bitch heyuh, oops I don't wanna forget about this c*** sucker hidin' back here.

That is awesome! I will have to remember that one.

I tend to pick my shooting positions, quietly count and declare my reloads.

We are never gonna get into the Olympics with that sort of thing <_<

I thought practical shooting was about gunfighting, shooting bad guys, martial skills.

Not PC speak that is pleasing to europeans.

Edited by Steve Koski

• 1 month later...

I also count, and Lordy yes, reloads, L-10, lotsa reloads. I few people I shoot with, however, really get into it. Better not get in front of them on a walk-through or they will run over you as they are almost running the stage with their finger-guns.

I also count, and Lordy yes, reloads, L-10, lotsa reloads. I few people I shoot with, however, really get into it. Better not get in front of them on a walk-through or they will run over you as they are almost running the stage with their finger-guns.

Me, I just count, gets pretty hairy when I shoot my 17 round .45 mag. Shooting barefoot will definitely help!!

I count, but first I find all the targets by walking the OUTSIDE of the stage. Then I KNOW how many targets there are and WHERE they are. Helps to eliminate that similar appearence, i must have seen that target so I don't need to shoot it again problem that occasionally pops up.

As for counting, I generally just count by twos. and suptract for steel. One of the guys I shoot with doesn't say "Bang-Bang" but rather "Duff-Duff"

Best Walk-through we ever got was at a 3-gun in North Carolina. "Kill that target with two rounds, kill that steel over there...", Question: :That steel is behind the couch (Old furniture is occasionally used as a prop) Answer: "Ya'll shoot'in a rifle, it'll go through a sofa..."

Jim

QUOTE(racerba @ Oct 1 2007, 01:32 PM)

QUOTE(grandbagger @ Sep 29 2007, 05:16 PM)

buddy of mine goes, boom boom boom boom, and he also have a sound effect for reload, something like

tsuk tsuk...

now we call him Boom boom

Why does he reload twice?

Maybe its the sound of a mag coming out then one going in?

yeah sound of mag coming out and going in :D

I used be a banger then I became a counter! :rolleyes:

I hear you brother. I used to be a banger untill I got divorced. Now that I am older and not so wiser, I count the days between bangs. :angry2::unsure:

But at the matches, during my walk-by's, I usually will have my hands in my pockets or just hanging while I concentrate on my "gaze" to the spot where I will be calling my shots and confine it to memory, including the possible spots for reloads. Oh, yeah, as I do my walk I hear (in my mind, seldom aloud) "Ta-da" or "tat-ta-da" and "clank-clank" for the steel. (Oh, yes I will always allow two shots for the steel in my count even if I will only need one) I will try not to do an actual round count for my "Ta-da's" because if I have any mikes that I see as I shoot it will throw my count off and screw up the whole thing. So I'd rather try to figure where I might be doing my mag changes and allow for "weight" rounds in a dropped mag. Of course, shit happens sometimes and I end up dropping more mags than I wish, especially if I rush it and forget to confine to memory some pesky "hidden" targets. :angry2:

But what really helps me and could seem comical, is (sometimes) my silent "re-creation" of the routine I will be shooting just before i actually shoot it, with my eyes closed. I am a great "air guitar player". :D

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

• 8 months later...

I don't count. Shooting open makes it a lot simpler to plan mag changes.

I go 'da-da'. More importantly, I try to program a specific cadence.

I have a problem remembering to shoot faster on closer targets and take more time on longer/harder shots. As I do my walk through, I plan my cadence (faster and slower) as I transition from target to target or array to array.

Edited by Jeff686

• 1 month later...
when ro'ing the competitor will take a sight picture... i like to say bang, jam, bang jam! :) it get's my buddies thinking.

lynn

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

THAT's just mean.....

I count in 2's for my paper and 1's for steel. I'm not good enough yet to hit that consistently but shooting single stack I do it to plan my reloads (and yes I reload on the walkthroughs) When I first started (last year) I thought it was kinda silly watching people walk the COF with their finger guns blazing, but now I really see the benefit of it. Especially the reloads.