Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe Entry Form will be on the Double Tap Web page around the first of Decemeber and the Stages around Mid to Late Jan. It will laso be in the front sight in the Jan/Feb issue that you will get around the last of Decemeber.

Will I got around to it a bit early and put up the entry form for Survivor - Double Tap Championship '08 today! If you have not been to the Double Tap Champ or any club match you will need to send in the signed release form also. If you signed one in the past, you don't need to send in another. We are not excepting entries postmarked before Jan 2, 08. Stages should be up in mid Jan. Got some good stuff planned.

Edited by scorch

. Stages should be up in mid Jan. Got some good stuff planned.

Will there be anything that spins, whirls, swings, drops, flops, flaps or flies? OR, all of the above? Simultaneously?

David C :blink:

Ahh David,

You know they never do anything like that. We just stand in a little box & shoot a couple of static targets, you know. No movement, no moving targets, nothing like that. ;) hahahahahahaha

I think I'm going to start practicing hanging upside down off some monkey bar apparatus while shooting at a moving target with a bobbing no shoot through the hellaport. That might get me ready!

Mark

Mark,

You forgot to add "weak hand only". :D :D

Yeah, you're right! :lol: hahahaha. I'm betting we get back in the bathtub again so this year, I'm planning to not take a bath before the match :devil: & just get it done while we are shooting like a couple years ago! :surprise: No sense wasting time bathing when you can be shooting, is there? :blink:

Looking forward to some more of Robert's nightmares again this year. My app will be in the mail as soon as he starts taking them.

MLM

don't forget wading through snake infested swamps while engaging 3 Texas Stars in succession, one of which will be nothing but no shoots and one of the other will be half hard cover... Or walking the plank while your pistol and mags are in Davy Jones' Locker under water....

Whatever Porter's sick mind comes up with, I'm sure it will be entertaining! :cheers:

Well good News! STI has made The Double Tap Championship a Contingence Match, with all the benefits that go with it.

"I think I'm going to start practicing hanging upside down off some monkey bar apparatus while shooting at a moving target with a bobbing no shoot through the hellaport. "

WOW !Mark what a good idea have to incorportate this start postion into one of the stages. But do us all a favor and take a bath before the match it will save two of our senses. :rolleyes: NOT! and no bathtub & no water at the match this year. not two many movers this year "THE IPSC GODS" Stage has some real Moving Hard Cover and a NEW! DASTERLY PROP ON STAGE 4 "VOTED OFF"

Edited by scorch

• 2 weeks later...

We are building a Running Man Prop for the Double Tap Champ like Area 4 has with the Plates on it. We won't have plates on it for the Double Tap Champ, Maybe something more Dastardly. BUT we will have them on there for all our club matches after the DTC and before area 4 so anyone attending can get some practice in on them before hand.

Can't anything be simple??? :P

Bring it!! The harder the better!! I need the experience!!!

I think reading the last dozen posts or so has sealed it...I'm shooting this one with the Open gun!!!! I don't care about fast, I'll be happy just getting the hits :surprise:

Remeber if you want to shoot the Saturday/Sunday Portion to get your entry in early this fills pretty quick. Also Divisions will be Locked on March 22nd and we will NOT let you change divison at the Match. (Unless WE got you in a Divison other than that was on your entry form)

• 2 weeks later...

Want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas anda Happy New Year! The Hotel Info is on Our Web Site at www.doubletapranch.com Holiday Inn 940.761.6000 room code is TAP for only 64.00 per night. very nice hotel.

Today is the first day we are taking entrys. If you want to sqaud together with someone else make sure to send in your entry around the same time. some of the self squadding, squads fill fast.

There is a info page on our web sight that explaians the details of the entire Double Tap champ. Except what room the reception / packet pickup will be in. The Holiday Inn will let us know closer to match date and we will post here and on our web sight. We also will have a large sign in the lobby.

Got my app & waiver going out in the mail today :)

Saw the 2006 Dbl Tap match of dvd and it looked a bit chilly with almost everyone dressed in long pants & sleeves (even the Colorado and Utah guys) :o

Looking forward to the match :D

barry B)

Saw the 2006 Dbl Tap match of dvd and it looked a bit chilly with almost everyone dressed in long pants & sleeves (even the Colorado and Utah guys) :o

Mine is headed out shortly, as well. Be prepared for just about anything, but bias towards cooler weather. '06 was pretty chilly on the first day, but warmed up through the weekend. '07 was cool in the morning, but I recall wearing shorts on the last day and sweating pretty good...

Also, I understand there'll be new Open and Limited champs this year ;)