Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Cars That You Wish You Still Had Today

I've had some cool cars. The one I think I would like to have back the most would the my 71/72 914 Porsche. Bought it when I was 17. Lots of memories...

I think my current work truck will be one of my favorites. 71 Chevy K20. It's in horrible shape, but it has made me lots of money vs investment and it drives and feels like a truck should. Just lined up having some major work done it this fall. It will be my keeper I think!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!!!

It seems like this little thread brought out several "trends"

1. Lots of BE posters (like me) remember (to some degree) well back into the 1960s

2. Lots of BE posters like fast cars

I'd love to start a thread on ----- Tell us what happened in the back seat, front seat, or on the hood that make a certain old car a great memory-------------- But I know Flex would have to shut it down :P

Drove a 1968 Mustang at LSU from 86-90.

It was a bone stock 6 cylinder that I had upgraded with a 289 Hi Pro straight from Ford MoCo that had been donated to the High School Shop back in 66 or 67 and had only been put on a stand and run a couple times. Also upgraded to a five lug front end with Disc Brakes and a beefier rear end.

No Flashy rims just some old 67 hubcaps, Sorry I rathered the 67 caps over the 68's, and steel rims.

Got some seats from a 68 cougar that were High Back and better than the original square backs.

It only had a 2bbl carb but would still smoke the Eagle GT Radials I had on her. The new 5.0's were hot and I would take them easily and at every opportunity. Nothing as fun as making some punk with daddy's 20+K new car getting whipped by an almost 20 year old plan looking ride that cost me only $3K.

Painted her like the Animal House Car (Skull and crossbones etc...) and drove her the the LSU vs Ole Miss Game one Halloween Night.

Sold her in the Mid 90's after adding 137K to the Odometer.

Bottom line. The car had rust issues that would have required extensive Time and $$$$$.

I wasn't willing to put out. In hindsight, I should have kept her and run her, holes and all until she died for good.

Ah.. Those were the days.

My 1965 ss/ 396 chevell that they only made 201 of that is worth $240,000. today, my 1966 corvette 427 convertible with air & both tops that is worth about $140,000. today & last my 1970 corvette LS5 / 454 with air that is worth about $65,000. today. I messed up big time 3 times in my life.

You can always fix those regrets. My parents had a 67 427 Vette that he sold in 1974 and always regetted it.

One day about three years ago my father decided he wanted it back so he tracked down the current owner and bought it back. It had a 327 then and he paid 10 times what he sold it for back in 74 but he got it and really enjoyed driving it again. He found a correct 427 replacement engine for it.

Of course, last spring he sold it again for double what he had into it. He doesn't regret it this time!

Red 1968 Pontiac GTO, My first car in High School. My brother wrecked it while I was on vacation

Green 1972 Chevelle SS 454, My second car in High School. Sold it to my same brother who later wrecked it.

Black 1991.5 Volkswagen GTI, Recarro Racing Edition, with 16 valve motor. Was really fun to own and even more fun to drive!

1967 VW first car learned to drive a stick on it. What a blast when I was a kid.

1979 Fiat Spider, got this car when I was 17 almost as much fun to drive as to 'er "park"!!

1979 Caddilac Seville Elegante, two tone balck and silver real wire wheels what a beautiful car. Had it as a senior in high school, drove just like a boat and with that diesel engine it would barely get out of its own way but my girlfriend loved it and that was good by me. I've had a lot of cars over the years that I loved but these I remember from the days of my misspent youth.

Robin :devil:

Ok, this one is nothing sexy or even very collectible, but it was my first car and I would love to have it back.

1968 Buick Wildcat. I got it from my great uncle, wrecked in 1984 and had to rebuild the whole front end before I could drive it. It was a nice car in its day and sported a 430 cu engine. When I was in high school Mustang GT's and IROC Z28's were all the rage with my peers and I always got a kick out of spanking them with my big ol' land yacht. :rolleyes: Thing got 10 mpg no matter how fast or slow I drove it, so of course I always drove it as fast as I could. Naturally, got my first ticket in it as well. Had a lot of fun in that car, until I blew it up one day going to work... :angry2: . Ended up selling it for $100 to a guy who was going to rebuild it.

I sure do miss that car. Although feeding it today would be a pretty expensive proposition.

Only two that I miss! 1970 Cuda w/ 440 six pack and 5 speed Borg and Beck trany from the factory in Plum Crazy. It was a bitch to ballance the carbs but when it flowed it FLOWED. Had a nice 303 duration cam with 104 degree offset lobes ground by Lunati. It would run mid 11s, as Comando Cody said..."you can really get lost"

67 Malibu w/ an aluminum big block punched to 510 cid. Big 780 Holley, 302 competition cams cam, big exhaust , 4 speed Munci trans, 4:11 gears and all tricked out! Fast straight but didn't corner too good, which is why I ended up with an insurance check and the Cuda and the first of many parts that hurt when I wake up, From there it was into Moto Cross and eventually into open class and desert racing......I'm goin fast again :D

2002 TransAm WS6

It was idling (shaking) like a top fuel drag car....it was very-very far from stock...

Sold it like two years ago.

TransamWS-6001.jpg

Son of A... :surprise:

This is one of mine too.. mine was a 2001

The other would be a 66 Impala, the thing was so loud and rude at idle no body

would ever run against me.. What a cool car it was.. B)

Man, there are some serious cars in this thread. No regrets Benny. Who knew they'd appreciate like that?

Black 1991.5 Volkswagen GTI, Recarro Racing Edition, with 16 valve motor. Was really fun to own and even more fun to drive!

That was a fun one, and rare.

Current project/addiction is a 944 stuffed full of GM's all-alloy LS2. It makes some Porsche purists cringe!: 944V8

Lol...Porsche purists don't like the 944 to start with...

+1 on that and they don't like the 968 either

That's a cool swap and probably cheaper than rebuilding a Porsche engine.

Porsche purists...They sure never liked the 924, and amazingly all three of these models are the only porsche products I would own.

I like the idea of adding V8 power to a porsche...owwwww if I wasn't married this would probably become my next project!

Porsche purists...They sure never liked the 924, and amazingly all three of these models are the only porsche products I would own.

I like the idea of adding V8 power to a porsche...owwwww if I wasn't married this would probably become my next project!

I have toyed with the idea of cramming a 350cid Chevy in a Triumph TR6...

Not unlike what Carroll Shelby did with the AC...

Ed

Not unlike what Carroll Shelby did with the AC...

Ed

or the 1971 Motion Super Vega with a 454 big block.

Tightloop,

A buddy of mine that's into British cars found someone that had stuffed a 426 Hemi into a Bugeye Sprite! Except for a hoodscoop it looked pretty stock. Till you saw the rear tires from behind.

If you want V-8 power in a Porsche... then all you have to do is buy a Model 928... They have a double overhead valve fuelie engine that easily puts out 500 HP.

I had a friend in Texas who proved to me it would do 135 MPH in 4th gear

Edited by MichiganShootist