Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

Charles-your on-best 2 of 3.

Well I was thinking depending on interest that we get a group together and rent the track one night and have the Markers Mark One Miler.

Which side of the track to the Brits have to drive on ?

Also some one said Knob Creek was not far ?? smg evening match ? USA v Rest of the world.

Edited by gunfighteruk

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles-your on-best 2 of 3.

Well I was thinking depending on interest that we get a group together and rent the track one night and have the Markers Mark One Miler.

Which side of the track to the Brits have to drive on ?

Also some one said Knob Creek was not far ?? smg evening match ? USA v Rest of the world.

In the land of NASCAR we drive on the right but if it would make you feel at home we could drive on the left on a road course.

[

We already did that.

But the go kart thing is-whatever side you like-Makers Mark One Miler Sounds good.

As a side note- a person can be arrested and prosecuted in KY for Driving Under the Influence for things other than an automobile.

At least once a year there is a story in the local paper about someone getting arrested for DUI on a horse, lawn mower, golf cart... I have yet to see a DUI on a goat, but it's Kentucky, give us some time!

As a side note- a person can be arrested and prosecuted in KY for Driving Under the Influence for things other than an automobile.

At least once a year there is a story in the local paper about someone getting arrested for DUI on a horse, lawn mower, golf cart... I have yet to see a DUI on a goat, but it's Kentucky, give us some time!

As long as we are on a closed track we are good to go but you also have to realize that I once defended a guy on a John Deere tractor for DUI. I really wished I had saved the video from the squad car which gave "weaving" a whole new definition as my client was weaving over 3 lanes of traffic and the officer stopped him initially in the belief that there was something broken with the tractor's steering.

I just reviewed some of the posts here and there is a common theme. Every time Larry or Linda post something new about the match, it gets go be a better and better deal. Free food for lunch and dinner and free adult beverages? Who ever heard of that? By the time we fire the first shot there may be a host of other goodies but you can not experience this if your not there.

And trust me there are more good things in the works.

As long as we are on a closed track we are good to go but you also have to realize that I once defended a guy on a John Deere tractor for DUI. I really wished I had saved the video from the squad car which gave "weaving" a whole new definition as my client was weaving over 3 lanes of traffic and the officer stopped him initially in the belief that there was something broken with the tractor's steering.

That is too funny as I am bringing the John Deere pulling tractor "The Green Monster" with me to the Pan Am. I am gonna hook it to a sled somewhere on the two Saturday nights that I am there. However Charles mine is not road worthy.....at least I would be able to give the police a run for their money if it was with the 750 Suzuki Katana engine I have under the hood. I can turn the rear wheels an excess of 140 mph.

Anyway you are right, we are trying to take care of people as much as possible....I will even drag anyone along who wants to see some redneck games....ie Garden Pulling Tractors!

This is a 4 day match? Shooting on Thursday thru Sunday?

Yes it is......30 stages over 3.5 days, Sunday is half day. 8 - 10 stages per day which is two areas.

That is too funny as I am bringing the John Deere pulling tractor "The Green Monster" with me to the Pan Am. I am gonna hook it to a sled somewhere on the two Saturday nights that I am there. However Charles mine is not road worthy.....

This is a very rural part of Kentucky and there are lots of buggies drawn by horses on the road.

Assuming you are on the road and assuming law enforcement sees you and assuming you are pulled over, it will be more likely than not that you are getting stopped so they can get a better look at it!

Ok I filled out and printed the application yesterday. Now Im sitting on the fence trying to write a check.

I had a couple of questions since I have never shot anything IPSC. How come there are no prizes? Surely our great vendors who give so much back to the sport would donate to match of this proportion. How does the team deal work? I'm thinking I might want to shoot with certain countries listed in that little drop down menu rather than shoot against them;)

Edited by jtischauser

Ok I filled out and printed the application yesterday. Now Im sitting on the fence trying to write a check.

I had a couple of questions since I have never shot anything IPSC. How come there are no prizes? Surely our great vendors who give so much back to the sport would donate to match of this proportion. How does the team deal work? I'm thinking I might want to shoot with certain countries listed in that little drop down menu rather than shoot against them;)

Apparently the tradition with IPSC is medals only. That is true of the World Shoots and of this match.

Teams are named by the regional directors and if you want to be named to a team you would need to get in touch with them. Most regional directors will only place you on a team if you are already in a match.

My sense is that you have to be a member of a certain region in order to shoot on their team but that is a question best answered by the regional director of the region for whom you desire to shoot. Maybe if Mexico needs another shooter on their team and maybe if you joined Mexico IPSC their regional director would put you on their team but that would be up to that regional director.

Apparently the tradition with IPSC is medals only. That is true of the World Shoots and of this match.

Teams are named by the regional directors and if you want to be named to a team you would need to get in touch with them. Most regional directors will only place you on a team if you are already in a match.

My sense is that you have to be a member of a certain region in order to shoot on their team but that is a question best answered by the regional director of the region for whom you desire to shoot. Maybe if Mexico needs another shooter on their team and maybe if you joined Mexico IPSC their regional director would put you on their team but that would be up to that regional director.

I was joking about shooting for another team. So how many teams does the USA field? We will obviously have a bunch of shooters there. Judging by some of the names on the list there enough good shooters that several US teams could finish near the top.

I was joking about shooting for another team. So how many teams does the USA field? We will obviously have a bunch of shooters there. Judging by some of the names on the list there enough good shooters that several US teams could finish near the top.

I have no way to know. The one to ask would be our regional director Michael Voigt.

There may be a way to form unofficial teams from the shooters what are attending so if a group wanted to form us Team Georgia or Team Xrail they could do so but that will be up to Linda and Larry.

Back last summer when we made the decision about awards, we had a number of things to consider.

1. Typically, a prize table is not customary at IPSC matches. That was NOT the most important consideration, because I am not known for always taking the 'customary' path ;)

2. We will have many top international competitors. Although hosted in the US, this is a match that would include all the Pan American countries (hence the name) as well as shooters from Europe and Asia. I am a really firm believer in the concept that we treat all the shooters fairly, and the same. I thought it would suck if a top competitor could not take his prize home because of import-export regulations or the laws in his home country. In 2007 at Targeting Education, a young lady from Canada won a pistol. She had to sell it quickly before she went home, because she could not re-enter Canada with it. (PS: that was Julie Goodfellow from Canada who will be at the Pan American as our chief statistician).

3. We have a few handicaps when searching for sponsors for this particular event. It is a single gun event. Some of the big name sponsors that did not make shotguns or shotgun accessories were not interested. It is a single year event - many sponsors like to make multi year deals. Once I explain that the next one will not be for 3 years, and will most likely be in a country in South America, they lose interest. It is an IPSC match. Sometimes I feel like I spend half my contact time with sponsors explaining who, what, when, where. . .

4. The GENEROUS sponsors in our sport HAVE donated. That is why lunch, dinner and adult beverages will be free. I opted to get sponsorship that would provide a value for every single competitor in the match. If you have ever tried to get awards for a match, you are aware that you may get less that $1 in cash for every $3 the sponsor would have been willing to donate in merchandise. It has not been easy.

I am also looking forward to spending time with shooters from other countries. And you do not need to be on the same 'team' to enjoy the company of international competitors. Trapr, Kurt, Jeff Crambilt and others will go on & on about the good shooters and great friends they met at international matches. The 'group meals' is really a concept that grew out of hearing them talk about shared meals and drinks with fellow shooters overseas. You find out how much we have in common when you sit down and talk at the end of a day on the range.

Rockcastle Shooting Center is in a 'dry' county. The resort cannot provide a bar or sell alcoholic beverages. It would have been BYOB from a neighboring county. But I can set up service if it is a private party. So, we are basically having a big, five day private party. :P

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

Edited by LChico

Linda, what's the fee if we don't want to shoot, just party?

:cheers::cheers:

$350 TO PARTY...SHOOTING IF FREE :) USE THE SAME APPLICATION TO PARTY AS YOU WOULD FOR THE SHOTGUN MATCH, YOU MUST INDICATE OPEN (BOLT ANYTHING ONTO YOU DRINK TO MAKE YOU FASTER), STANDARD (LIMITED TO 8 DRINKS ON THE TABLE, NINTH IN THE HAND), STANDARD MANUAL (SAME AS STANDARD BUT YOU MUST OPEN THE CANS OR BOTTLES BY HAND, NO TOOLS WILL BE ALLOWED) OR MODIFIED (NO SPEED DRINKING, AND THE BEVERAGE CONTAINER CAN BE NO LONGER THAN 1320 MM MEASURED ON THE LONGEST AXIS). HOPE THIS HELPS!

LARRY

roflol.giflarry - good one!!

I just picked up 3 more shooters on my squad one of which is a minor. Does that mean I am entitled to the minor's ration of Marker's Mark?

I can't find the squad lists, anybody have a link?

Doug

I can't find the squad lists, anybody have a link?

Doug

They are not up yet. The people to which I referred are those requesting to squad with me. We are going to have a bunch of southern boys, one on the rise female junior, and whoever shows up from Cayman.

I just reviewed some of the posts here and there is a common theme. Every time Larry or Linda post something new about the match, it gets go be a better and better deal. Free food for lunch and dinner and free adult beverages? Who ever heard of that? By the time we fire the first shot there may be a host of other goodies but you can not experience this if your not there.

Alright, alright already! The check is in the mail!! sheesh!

Alright, alright already! The check is in the mail!! sheesh!

And that means now there will be brownies and other great baked goods from your wonderful spouse! Like I said it just gets better and better!

Well Canada will be represented!!

Myself and Lonedrone are planning on making the trip!

Just applied for my "invitation letter" to get my Form 6 from the BATFE......

Then to get my Canadian paperwork to the border!!!

I am working on one other shooter who is "Iffy".......

Well Canada will be represented!!

Myself and Lonedrone are planning on making the trip!

Just applied for my "invitation letter" to get my Form 6 from the BATFE......

Then to get my Canadian paperwork to the border!!!

I am working on one other shooter who is "Iffy".......

You are certainly welcome! The dates made the scheduling difficult for everyone... and of course as many "iffies" as you can manage

we will make room.

More the merrier!

We have collectively spoken with most every business remotely connected to our type of shotgunning. And then some. I've managed a few basic

marketing lessons for cross selling and the proper mining of demographics while avoiding the use of the dreaded term "profiling". (Which is

what we created (-file) at the start of every marketing plan we did for product or service -- and which is in every text book pre 1980's.)

Sorry, I digress and show my age!

We trail the rest of the world in the full range of sporting options for shotguns. Those of you in the US, set up some of the postal stages --

I just love the name/connotation -- and see how much just plain fun you have. The competitors at the match will be a cross section of some good

and great shooters. Some of the equipment will provide you a big smile on your face. THEN go to the test fire area and try some of the cutting

edge creations.

I expect Charles is ready to create "Area 6" teams for the "Sporting Team Competition". Bet he buys the first round also end of day one!

See you all there,

Joel